PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Chiefs team is garbage

if the league was rigged against them i guess the refs have missed the memo lol that game against indy last week the refs basically did everything they could to give kc a chance to win
Yesterday as well!

I'm not really a believer in them at this point. They have +44 point differential and beat Miami 59-10 week 1. Since then they are 3-2 with overall -5 points.

This is what they look like in those other games

Cardinals (2-3-1) 17 @ Ravens 23 - Win. AZ is actually worse than that 2-3-1 indicates.
Ravens 28 @ KC 33 (4-2) - Loss - This was an okay showing but not as good as the score says. It was 30-13 after 3 quarters and KC just kind of sat on their lead and played prevent.
Browns 40 (2-4) @ Ravens 25 - Loss
Ravens 26 @ Steelers 23 in OT (2-4) - Win. Against a 3rd string QB for the 2nd half.
Bengals 17 @ Ravens 23 - (0-6) Win.

I find it hard to be worried about this team.

Seattle is absolutely going to curb stomp them next week. I expect us to do the same after their bye dropping them to 4-4 and in the review mirror. Even if they somehow beat us they have to play teams like the 49ers, Texans, Rams and Bills. Frankly I see them going 8-8.

They are an averaged team to below average team. Water just needs time to seek its level.

The “tough” AFC North is easily the worst division in football.

He's so good & has been for a long time. So efficient. Dude is asked to do everything w a bad OL, best weapon retired in Baldwin & he just keeps making plays.
Since last year 47 TD/7 INT. Almost 5,000 yards. ANY/A 9.27 this year, only Mahomes is higher.

Hope I don't get arrested by the Pats homer police? Just a lil appreciation of other players.

Hopefully I get to keep my Pats fan card w this
Like I said above though Wilsons trade off is sacks. Last he was top 5 w sack% at 10.7 & 13th this year at 7.7. Big improvement but still could be a lil better.

Not sure what this Nerd chart means, but I like charts so studied it a bit.

1. Chart is bisected by 2 red dashed lines both vertically and horizontally, creating 4 cardinal quadrants. Red lines appear to be around the average of the values which are both above the 0-0 values;
2. It appears NE quadrant is the best and SW is the worse. Not sure which is best between NW and SE quads;
3. Horizontal red line appears to define
level of EPA (expected points added) per play (Brady is at 0.2 - positive);
4. Vertical red line appears to define
level of % completion above some base measure (Brady is at zero - negative);
5. Brady is in NW quad, left of V-red line and above H-red line;
6. Per chart Darnold, Cousins and Carr are all in NE quad and appear to be more efficient than Brady, Rodgers, and Weintz.

Since the team record of the first 3 QBs is 8-8 and of the last 3 is 13-4, not sure what the significance of this chart is. Because football is dependent on so many different players to score I can't begin to imagine how EPA is calculated versus a sport like baseball (with its own version of epa) were it would be so much easier.

Also, this chart obviously is weighted towards QBs that pass or run more for TDs than just hand off the ball like Brady does inside the RZ. It is surprising to see Rodgers and Brady in the same quad and that Brady is more efficient than Rodgers.

I spent too much time on this and really got nothing out of it. Damn you BGC.

I'm not really a believer in them at this point. They have +44 point differential and beat Miami 59-10 week 1. Since then they are 3-2 with overall -5 points.

This is what they look like in those other games

Cardinals (2-3-1) 17 @ Ravens 23 - Win. AZ is actually worse than that 2-3-1 indicates.
Ravens 28 @ KC 33 (4-2) - Loss - This was an okay showing but not as good as the score says. It was 30-13 after 3 quarters and KC just kind of sat on their lead and played prevent.
Browns 40 (2-4) @ Ravens 25 - Loss
Ravens 26 @ Steelers 23 in OT (2-4) - Win. Against a 3rd string QB for the 2nd half.
Bengals 17 (0-6) @ Ravens 23 - Win.

I find it hard to be worried about this team.

Seattle is absolutely going to curb stomp them next week. I expect us to do the same after their bye dropping them to 4-4 and in the review mirror. Even if they somehow beat us they have to play teams like the 49ers, Texans, Rams and Bills. Frankly I see them going 8-8.

They are an averaged team to below average team. Water just needs time to seek its level.
Bob, You always do your homework.

Not sure what this Nerd chart means, but I like charts so studied it a bit.

1. Chart is bisected by 2 red dashed lines both vertically and horizontally, creating 4 cardinal quadrants. Red lines appear to be around the average of the values which are both above the 0-0 values;
2. It appears NE quadrant is the best and SW is the worse. Not sure which is best between NW and SE quads;
3. Horizontal red line appears to define
level of EPA (expected points added) per play (Brady is at 0.2 - positive);
4. Vertical red line appears to define
level of % completion above some base measure (Brady is at zero - negative);
5. Brady is in NW quad, left of V-red line and above H-red line;
6. Per chart Darnold, Cousins and Carr are all in NE quad and appear to be more efficient than Brady, Rodgers, and Weintz.

Since the team record of the first 3 QBs is 8-8 and of the last 3 is 13-4, not sure what the significance of this chart is. Because football is dependent on so many different players to score I can't begin to imagine how EPA is calculated versus a sport like baseball (with its own version of epa) were it would be so much easier.

Also, this chart obviously is weighted towards QBs that pass or run more for TDs than just hand off the ball like Brady does inside the RZ. It is surprising to see Rodgers and Brady in the same quad and that Brady is more efficient than Rodgers.

I spent too much time on this and really got nothing out of it. Damn you BGC.
@Ian we really need a "you're welcome" emoji.

Last edited:
Red Andy Reid is a stupid coach.

Clearly the KC defense is their weakest unit this season as they were last season as well. Instead of engineering long time consuming drives, Reid and Mahomes score in a few plays. Reid allows Mahomes to do it.

This was his problem in Philly. He refused to run the ball, even when he had really good backs.

Something I've considered after these last 2 games and goes back to something we talked about recently. About Mahomes not being great as a reader of defenses/post/pre-snap (not that he i bad at it. Just not something he excels at).

I feel like that was really hammered home a bit these past 2 games and made something occur to me. This ankle injury IMO would probably be relatively minor on a certain amount of QBs. Brady, Peyton or Brees with a similar injury could probably still play 95% effectively on it due to their style of play.

Where as Mahomes often leans so much on his outstanding physical gifts. Trying to throw ball off balance on the run across your body with even a fairly minor ankle injury probably adds an incredible amount of difficulty to makes me wonder about how much even minor injuries may effect his game throughout his early career. I'd be curious to hear your take on that.
You know I was watching Jordan Love the other day. This pass in fact.

Displays the ability to throw on the run, touch & accuracy against a CB who will be playing on Sundays. Very nice play, right? Sure except I kept going back to something that for we reason didn't jump out at me at first.

Why did he leave a perfectly nice pocket?

I've long believed & more so now. That for guys like Mahomes, Love, Rodgers etc it's a rhythm, timing thing. If you notice its usually on Post/Crossers etc which looks like the QB is getting in sync w the route/pattern. You can also see the steps, momentum coming together to where it's like a basketball player shooting in rhythm off a nice pass. Some guys are better spot up shooters & some are better coming off a pick.

Guys like Rodgers, Mahomes are so good throwing off platform, recreating a new platform that its not even a issue or thought. Its just who they are.

So yea I definitely think its a big issue if its limiting his movement. If you're a DC you want suffocate Mahomes. Not pin your ears back & go 100mph. You want limit his options & that's keeping him in the pocket where hes still very dangerous. This way you're dictating as opposed to letting him pull every tool out the bag.

Also that 46 yard TD pass to Hill is something I give him no credit for. It was at best a jump ball. In reality the defender had better position on it but Hill made an amazing play and the defender messed it up. That should have been an interception and instead he is rewarded with a 46 yard TD.

Mahomes noticed the defense had jumped and were offsides and noticed the flag and knew it was a free play. So he threw it up for Hill to try come down with it. It wouldn't have been an interception, just a penalty versus the defense.

The tape on Mahomes is out and the slide back to Planet Earth has begun now that a blueprint is available to flummox him. I bet he also goes from another once-in-a-generation talent to merely top-5 QB. Rodgers has shown how Mahomes career path is likely to go, and there are still pundits out there who swear Rodgers is the "best-evah" despite his lack of post-season success. "He can do on the field what no other can do". "Just look at the trajectory on that Hail Mary, gosh!". blah blah blah. For Mahomes we get the "OMG look at that no-look pass, *drool*" "Look at that off-balanced, falling-back, throw on another broken down play, AMAZING!". For Brady we usually get under-handed compliments like "That throw left his hand in 1.9 seconds since he knows pass-rush is coming". "He just threw to the open man, yawn." I bet Mahomes doesn't even eclipse Rodgers' accomplishment if reports are true of him wanting $40m per year guaranteed ($200m fully guaranteed for 5 years). It would surpass, wait for it, Rodgers' $33.5m per year deal signed this August.

Check out Kellerman yammering about Mahomes versus Watson before the game (if you would be so inclined).

He says Mahomes is better than Rodgers ever was. Says Mahomes is better than the best of Favre and Rodgers combined. Says Mahomes is the best QB ever in history. No joke. Screw Brady, he's thrown Montana, Marino, Otto, Manning, Elway, Young, Starr, Staubach, Unitas etc all under the bus, just to genuflect and grovel to Mahomes' greatness.

Check out Kellerman yammering about Mahomes versus Watson before the game (if you would be so inclined).

He says Mahomes is better than Rodgers ever was. Says Mahomes is better than the best of Favre and Rodgers combined. Says Mahomes is the best QB ever in history. No joke. Screw Brady, he's thrown Montana, Marino, Otto, Manning, Elway, Young, Starr, Staubach, Unitas etc all under the bus, just to genuflect and grovel to Mahomes' greatness.

I‘lol watch Kellerman if the topic is boxing. Otherwise he has about as much insight as that guy at work who the world’s biggest expert at everything from golfing, to fixing the economy, to the quality of TV shows... you know the guy, he’s the one who never changes the bottle on the water cooler and never picks up the tab when people go out for drinks.

And a confused rating emoji while you're at it...thanks Ian :)

I still think a GFY rating emoji would be an excellent addition. It might just end up being the most popular emoji on the board.

Jusr imagine the use it would get in the GDTs...

I‘lol watch Kellerman if the topic is boxing. Otherwise he has about as much insight as that guy at work who the world’s biggest expert at everything from golfing, to fixing the economy, to the quality of TV shows... you know the guy, he’s the one who never changes the bottle on the water cooler and never picks up the tab when people go out for drinks.
Do we work together?

Rushing Stats:
C. Hyde 26 for 116, AVG 4.5, TD 1
D. Watson 10 for 42, AVG 4.2, TD 2
D. Johnson 5 for 34, AVG 6.8, TD 0
Total 41 for 192, AVG 4.7, TD 3

Time of possession:
Texans 39:48 Chiefs 20:12

4 straight games now the defense has allowed a 99+ yard rusher. Thats pretty bad

what we need is a "Joker" emoji for the truly crazy, off the rails posts..:D

How many that think the Chefs suck are picking Denver to win on TNF?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back