PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Chiefs team is garbage

We're through 5 weeks. It's not too early.

Brashard Breeland, cut by the Redskins, starts for Kansas city. He might be the worst corner I've seen since Jonathan Willhite. Unless Deion Sanders, Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor in their primes show up, that's not getting any better.

You don’t think they will make a move for corner help? I think they will. It’s too early to write their obituaries.

This thread by the OP is moronic. The Chiefs were missing their top 2 receivers. That being said the Chiefs do have weaknesses. They are not good defensively, especially against the run and their own running game isn’t very good itself.

They thrive with an elite passing offense and it is damn good when they are at full strength. Fortunately for us are greatest strength right now is our passing defense.

You don’t think they will make a move for corner help? I think they will. It’s too early to write their obituaries.
Move with who? Jacksonville isn't dealing Ramsey.

Move with who? Jacksonville isn't dealing Ramsey.

Chris Harris maybe. Don’t know if the cards would trade Peterson if he comes back. It wouldn’t solve all their defensive problems but it would help their pass defense somewhat.

Yes, one is fact and one is hyperbole.

The entitlement crowd is in full force today. I suggest you focus more on our problems instead. Kansas City has at least played a few good teams. We have not.

The entitlement crowd is in full force today. I suggest you focus more on our problems instead. Kansas City has at least played a few good teams. We have not.

From the browns all the way to the chiefs game we will see what this team is. I included the browns because they have players on both sides of the football that have talent and they beat the ravens on the road which is impressive. We shall see. Offense will have to be consistent. We might have a few players back.

Chiefs are a front-loaded team. We've been seeing this for decades now. IF they are healthy down the stretch, they're the biggest threat to the Patriots.

If any of Watkins, Hill, Chris Jones, or Kelce are hurt, they're in a bit of trouble. If Mahomes is hobbled, they're doomed.

Last year, I wouldn''t give Mahomes the all-world treatment because it takes more than one year. Watching him this year: if he's healthy he's as physically gifted a QB as I've seen, right there with Aaron Rodgers, and I think he's got a better "winner's attitude" than Rodgers. The kid is special, I now admit. However, scramblers get hurt - a lot - and their injuries tend to cascade.

I knew the KC defense would take some serious steps backward this year. Justin Houston wasn't healthy all the time year last year, but he's an absolute stud when he is healthy, even at his age, and KC's defense AT HOME last year was really good. They are nowhere near as talented or cohesive a unit as they were last year, and I don't think they'll get there.

They can still win the SB if their offense is healthy and if they can somehow get that AFCCG in Arrowhead.

Big ifs, both of them. Watkins is not a consistent player, and they've got a tough stretch here that could make the game against New England unimportant for home field.

AFC this year:

Top tier: New England, KC

Period. There are a few good teams behind that, several that can steal a game, but I still think New England/KC is the real Super Bowl, barring catastrophic injuries.

Their rush defense is second worst in the league at 5.3 ypa allowed. What has masked that is therm getting out to big leads and taking away other team's running games. When that doesn't happen , like last night a team can play " three yards and a cloud of sust" all night ling and the Colts did.....
National Football League Stats - by Team Category | NFL.com
IMHO very few teams have the personnel to actually play that way at a high enough level.

For starters, the Colts have an excellent RB1. Marlon Mack is for real, and between him and that left side of the Colts offensive line, that is the single biggest reason the Colts made that strategy work. People are starting to make comparisons between Mack and Le'Veon Bell for a reason.

you also have to get consistent pressure on the very slippery Mahomes. The Colts front 4 accomplished that at a very high level.

The Colts also lucked out with some early QB contact that reinjured that ankle, and again later in the game when they forced an OL backward into said ankle again. Before the Colts managed to hobble Mahomes this was looking like a possible shootout. And Brissett isn't beating Mahomes in a shootout. After the injury Mahomes couldn't escape pressure so easily and started to respond to the consistent pressure the way ordinary mortals do -- by making wild throws and throwing it out to prevent sacks. And then sometimes getting sacked too.

So they executed their intended game plan very well, had the right personnel on the field and also got just a little bit lucky when their intended strategy had its effect on Mahomes' body very early in the game. Good blueprint but no, not everyone can do this.

Chiefs are a front-loaded team. We've been seeing this for decades now. IF they are healthy down the stretch, they're the biggest threat to the Patriots.

If any of Watkins, Hill, Chris Jones, or Kelce are hurt, they're in a bit of trouble. If Mahomes is hobbled, they're doomed.

Last year, I wouldn''t give Mahomes the all-world treatment because it takes more than one year. Watching him this year: if he's healthy he's as physically gifted a QB as I've seen, right there with Aaron Rodgers, and I think he's got a better "winner's attitude" than Rodgers. The kid is special, I now admit. However, scramblers get hurt - a lot - and their injuries tend to cascade.

I knew the KC defense would take some serious steps backward this year. Justin Houston wasn't healthy all the time year last year, but he's an absolute stud when he is healthy, even at his age, and KC's defense AT HOME last year was really good. They are nowhere near as talented or cohesive a unit as they were last year, and I don't think they'll get there.

They can still win the SB if their offense is healthy and if they can somehow get that AFCCG in Arrowhead.

Big ifs, both of them. Watkins is not a consistent player, and they've got a tough stretch here that could make the game against New England unimportant for home field.

AFC this year:

Top tier: New England, KC

Period. There are a few good teams behind that, several that can steal a game, but I still think New England/KC is the real Super Bowl, barring catastrophic injuries.

I think the Chiefs can afford to have at least one of their top 2 receivers hurt, maybe even both. What I don't think they can afford is for Mahomes to be anything less than 100%, because they can't rely on their pass protection or their running game. It's all on him, and that ankle did not look good last night.

As to your overall point, I totally agree re: roster construction. Like all top-heavy teams, they're hugely reliant on staying healthy. They can't weather injuries like the Pats can, because the Pats operate under a fundamentally different roster strategy. Brady is probably the only player the Pats can't afford to lose while remaining damn near locks to play in the AFCCG.

New England/KC is the real Super Bowl, barring catastrophic injuries.
I agree that barring serious injuries it’s hard to see other teams in the AFC championship game apart from the patriots and the Chiefs. Having said that, I don’t think that’s the Super Bowl—the NFC probably has 10 of the top 12 teams in the league right now and whoever comes out of that will be a formidable opponent if the patriots reach the Super Bowl.

so is the moron crowd...the Bills are 4-1 and just choked out the Titans ON THE ROAD. Splattsburgh had all pro Big Ben at QB in the opener anmd were touted to be contenders again. Just because they're starting a 3rd string QB today doesn't mean they're WERE'NT a good team then. I suggest you take your clucking beak and shove it.

How many 4 win teams has KC beaten?

I agree that barring serious injuries it’s hard to see other teams in the AFC championship game apart from the patriots and the Chiefs. Having said that, I don’t think that’s the Super Bowl—the NFC probably has 10 of the top 12 teams in the league right now and whoever comes out of that will be a formidable opponent if the patriots reach the Super Bowl.
If NO continues to rip off these gritty wins it'll get very interesting once Brees is ready.

18 years later and another franchise QB named "Drew" might be out of a job.

If NO continues to rip off these gritty wins it'll get very interesting once Brees is ready.

18 years later and another franchise QB named "Drew" might be out of a job.
I highly doubt that. But I am happy to see Bridgewater playing well. Some ****ing moron that used to post here called him “Jamarcus Bridgewater” when he came out.

#Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who suffered a groin strain last night, is expected to miss some time and is considered week-to-week, source said. He had his MRI today and appears to be the most significant injury out of last night for KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

One.

Your turn to answer now.

Thank you! My point exactly. Not much difference there, is it? The quality of teams KC has played is better than what we've played so far. Can't call them trash.

Thank you! My point exactly. Not much difference there, is it? The quality of teams KC has played is better than what we've played so far. Can't call them trash.

I can. Here goes:

The Kansas City Chiefs are a trash team who haven't beaten any good teams and just lost at home to a garbage team that started its practice squad.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back