PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing practices etc.. and reports of nagging injuries, e.g. tennis elbow are definitely signs of something.

But I agree with you that he had dog shyt to work with last season.

He missed OTA all 3 of the years they went to the superbowl

Brady isnt the problem.

He missed OTA all 3 of the years they went to the superbowl

Brady isnt the problem.

I didn't say OTAs. Practice. I was talking about practice. Not OTAs. Practice.

Bill isnt fielding the best team he can when he lers the goat walk out the door shown zero signs of slowing down until you've given him dog **** to work with.

Bill is hell bent on leaving something negative on his new England resume

You do realize that with our cap space if we were to pay Tom more that we’re probably looking at similar weapons around him as last season. The offense was pretty terrible last season, even with TB. We need to improve the weapons on offense with or without Tom. It’s gonna be very difficult to do that if he doesn’t take a team friendly deal.

People will be rightfully upset and emotional.

Fans in other cities will not likely get a player like Brady in their lifetimes. He may be the most liked player, based on popularity and memorabilia sales, of any US fan base in history.

It won’t be a normal thing to see him leave, or retire.
Not me here 0 and 16 or 16 and 0

I welcome the competition between Mariota and Stidham and it a rookie

Maybe we can swing a trade for Chris Conley as well, or has that ship sailed?

You asked for it:

I would love to have him and the "PLAYOFFS?" coach at the same table, say, before wild-card weekend, doing a shtick about practices before a playoff game.

"And we sittin' here talkin' about practice before the game. Not a game, not a game, not a playoff game..."

"PLAYOFFS? You're talkin' about PLAYOFFS?"

"We sittin here talkin about PRACTICE..."

Nice ball cap though

Whys does there always have to be a "villain" in this?
Both Brady and BB are doing what is quite reasonable.

BB is trying to build the best team he can given the constraints of the salary cap. He also has a max dollar figure he will pay for the Goat and true to his principles the entire time he has been a coach here, he sticks to the dollar limit. That has resulted in incredible results. So BB is not to blame and Pats fans should thank their lucky stars he is staying as our coach and GM.

Brady also is acting appropriately. He has given 20 years to this franchise, frequently taking below market deals to prioritize winning. Now with just probably 2 years left in his career, he wants to go out on top as a winner and Patriots can not put together a deal that will give him what he deserves after 20 years. We are also lucky to have had the GOAT for such an incredible run.

Both...first ballot hall of famers who have given so much to Patriots fans. Neither is a villain and wish both the BEST.

@ChrisR2223 I think some members on this board could be a 1 or 2 for us right now.

I didn't say OTAs. Practice. I was talking about practice. Not OTAs. Practice.

I read what you said.

Those practices are worthless for brady.

Especially since he likely isnt missing any if the offensive line does its job

Also lets not make excuses like him getting hurt as a reason to let him go either.

Missed a year in 08 and played 06 with a hernia and him being "young" didnt do him any favors then either.

You do realize that with our cap space if we were to pay Tom more that we’re probably looking at similar weapons around him as last season. The offense was pretty terrible last season, even with TB. We need to improve the weapons on offense with or without Tom. It’s gonna be very difficult to do that if he doesn’t take a team friendly deal.

I realize that.

I also realize there is .1% path to the superbowl without tom.

If you're cutting tom over ****ing money and not skill you've committed treason.

The CBA will either pass/fail in 9.5 hours.

By tomorrow morning, I believe the talks will start. Then on Monday/Tuesday, we will hear all of Brady's options (e.g. offers from Tampa, Las Vegas, Los Angeles C, etc...).

I think this will be over by Tuesday night. 72 hours.....unless the NFL delays FA.

Putting aside the fact that Stidham is almost certainly better than Josh Allen

rofl.gif

I read what you said.

Also lets not make excuses like him getting hurt as a reason to let him go either.

Missed a year in 08 and played 06 with a hernia and him being "young" didnt do him any favors then either.

considering how this virus will be progressing there is a chance there won’t even be any practices.

I read what you said.

I was trying to mimick Iverson there.

I already agreed with what he had to work with wasn't much. Oline etc etc..

But to say there weren't signs of aging etc.. isn't true. There were.

I'm already on record thinking Brady should be back on the team. I think it's best for both parties. But I refuse to blame BB if he lets Brady walk.

If you're cutting tom over ****ing money and not skill you've committed treason.
I support this if it results in Roger facing a firing squad.

I forgot all about Brady ...

The media is getting irritated because of the lack of info they’re getting and now the new narrative is that “nobody” wants Brady.

These people don’t know a thing about how to negotiate. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes