PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Because they didn’t sign a 42 year old QB for long term? Ever think maybe Bill saw how much time Brady needed for maintenance days and is saying yeah thats gonna only get better? Year to year is what smart athletes at his age do. Think Chara. That dude is on a year to year contract and he is a ok with it.

If he leaves it is 70 percent on him. At 43 he is acting like a FA would at age 30. Any team that gives into his demands is in for a world of trouble. I actually blame super G. She has been pushing his buttons for years and this is the result. Instead of saying okay, I will take a decent salary and lets make a couple more runs at it.

This TB isn’t the TB from Michigan. Or from 10 years ago. This is a new evolution of someone who has a very inflated idea of what he is worth now.

You trying to minimize it. The 42 year old QB is going to go down as the greatest in the history of the sport and the maintenance is to not have an offense that led the league in drops and had injuries in every area.

Also no Giselle was here back in 07. She was with him for more of his career here than without. That’s just a “I’m trying to rationalize” play.

The fact is he’s the GOAT in the last few years of a legendary career and he thinks he deserves more than the garbage he was given.

At 42 going year to year is the only contract that is safe for yourself and the team. That is the real point. He may think he is 30 but he is not, and BB agrees. And yes ego drives that mentality.

Safe? This is lunacy, but it's worth getting into because we have many who clearly don't understand "safe", "risk" and other terms. Brady could have been extended last year, and each year thereafter, whereby his contract runs through the end of the following season. In that case, there's a decent chance that the team and Brady align with his retirement and when they're ready to move on. And if not, the team would have, at worst, perhaps a $25M cap hit where they'd just have to eat it. That is small potatoes in the big picture; some teams have a huge dead hit exceeding amount for non-QBs; the difference is that the reward for non-QBs isn't close to the reward for a QB, and especially a guy like Brady.

It's not like Brady is demanding a $134M extension, which is what Rodgers got last offseason and has kneecapped the team because he's no longer elite. Brady just wanted an extra year for security...people are making such a ridiculously big deal like he's "demanding," and to the contrary, this free agency is likely to show just how much he could command on the open market and how very accommodating he was being with the team last August.

Where is the "risk" of flaming garbage at QB for the next two-three seasons while Brady finishes his career in another city, while other fanbases root for the GOAT in his final seasons? I sure don't see any alternatives at QB right now, and it's laughable if the Patriots would pay $15M+ for some shlub like Dalton or Mariota but couldn't give Brady another $25-30M. The risk:reward here is absurdly against the Patriots...and that's not even factoring the shame of the team and the fan experience of watching a 20-year all-time legend in another uniform. Considering what Brady can bring to the team, not extending him was in fact the most "unsafe" thing they could have done.

Last edited:
The CBA vote will end on the 12th. So on the 13th we will know if there’s a new CBA or not. And then I expect things to accelerate.

Safe? This is lunacy, but it's worth getting into because we have many who clearly don't understand "safe", "risk" and other terms. Brady could have been extended last year, and each year thereafter, whereby his contract runs through the end of the following season. In that case, there's a decent chance that the team and Brady align with his retirement and when they're ready to move on. And if not, the team would have, at worst, perhaps a $25M cap hit where they'd just have to eat it. That is small potatoes in the big picture; some teams have a huge dead hit exceeding amount for non-QBs; the difference is that the reward for non-QBs isn't close to the reward for a QB, and especially a guy like Brady.

It's not like Brady is demanding a $134M extension, which is what Rodgers got last offseason and has kneecapped the team because he's no longer elite. Brady just wanted an extra year for security...people are making such a ridiculously big deal like he's "demanding," and to the contrary, this free agency is likely to show just how much he could command on the open market and how very accommodating he was being with the team last August.

Where is the "risk" of flaming garbage at QB for the next two-three seasons while Brady finishes his career in another city, while other fanbases root for the GOAT in his final seasons? I sure don't see any alternatives at QB right now, and it's laughable if the Patriots would pay $15M+ for some shlub like Dalton or Mariota but couldn't give Brady another $25-30M. The risk:reward here is absurdly against the Patriots...and that's not even factoring the shame of the team and the fan experience of watching a 20-year all-time legend in another uniform. Considering what Brady can bring to the team, not extending him was in fact the most "unsafe" thing they could have done.
I agree with every word of this post. If Brady walks and the Pats solution is Mariota/Dalton then this will be an embarrassment of riches for Kraft/BB on top of watching Brady play for another team.

Even if Vrabel was tampering by the letter of the law (which it's not clear he was), I have a hard time believing Belichick would pursue it. Not because they're super close, but I bet teams do this ALL THE DAMN TIME, and once you start going after everyone else for minor infractions, that's when they start doing the same to you. Unless it's blatant, and BB really feels like it's hampered his ability to bring back Tom, there's no reason for anyone to get in a twist over it.

Also, wouldn't it be advantageous to New England to know what the market is and who's interested in Brady? The sooner this whole thinig sorts out, the better they can make their adjustments and plans.

If Vrabel or someone else is indicating a deal the Patriots simply won't match, they can move on to Plan B.

Also, wouldn't it be advantageous to New England to know what the market is and who's interested in Brady? The sooner this whole thinig sorts out, the better they can make their adjustments and plans.

If Vrabel or someone else is indicating a deal the Patriots simply won't match, they can move on to Plan B.
I'm 99.9% sure the NEP already know who is interested in Tom and are zero-ing in on what his market is/will be.

IMO, Brady should do away with the first amendment.
Many people have fought and even lost their lives for the right to hold six states hostage with nonstop attention seeking behavior.

Many people have fought and even lost their lives for the right to hold six states hostage with nonstop attention seeking behavior.

I may not agree with your choice go to play for the Jets, sir, but I'll give my life to defend your right to do so.

Andy Hart speculates that there would be only one or two Brady threads on the main forum if Brady had just stopped leaking info and " pulling strings" while basking in the attention it creates. :eek:

The fact is that no matter what Brady does or doesn't do there will be articles written speculating why he has or hasn't tweeted, why he has or hasn't visited some city and so on and so on. Somebody always has an "anonymous source in the know".

So no Andy, Brady could not end this media circus with a single tweet.

Andy Hart speculates that there would be only one or two Brady threads on the main forum if Brady had just stopped leaking info and " pulling strings" while basking in the attention it creates. :eek:

The fact is that no matter what Brady does or doesn't do there will be articles written speculating why he has or hasn't tweeted, why he has or hasn't visited some city and so on and so on. Somebody always has an "anonymous source in the know".

Yup. And why should he, anyway? He’s a free agent. On top of that, he doesn’t owe this franchise jack ****.

The Patriots could end the free agency media circus by simply giving Brady an acceptable deal.

One thing that has really surprised me this offseason has been just how far into the tank for the Patriots side of things the local media has been. It's as if they're terrified that the Patriots will freeze them out. It's been beyond pathetic, to the point where I've cut down sports radio listening by about 90% now.

Ordway, just for one example, might as well have BB's hand shoved up his ass, for as much the puppet he's been.

One thing that has really surprised me this offseason has been just how far into the tank for the Patriots side of things the local media has been.

Yes, how odd for media to espouse positions that are friendly to billionaires.

I'm 99.9% sure the NEP already know who is interested in Tom and are zero-ing in on what his market is/will be.
I've been away from the Forum for a while. Anything noteworthy I should know about? :p

You mean like Drew Brees?

I've been away from the Forum for a while. Anything noteworthy I should know about? :p
We know that Belichick has his hand up Ordway’s ass, but we’re still trying to figure out whose hand is up Brady’s ass. These are crazy times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes