PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a good example of the logic that I don’t understand. If Brady is gone unless Belichick convinces him to come back but Belichick is currently taking steps toward convincing him to come back, then it would seem that we can’t make any conclusion about what Brady will do.

Somebody on the Brady side of things is feeding doom and gloom quotes to the media that don’t match the other reports of how there will be another pitch from Belichick once things like the CBA and potential trades are figured out.

If Brady goes to the Raiders he's less smart than I thought. Titans? Sure. Niners? Yeah. Pats? Of course.

Raiders? Bucs? Chargers? Others? Monumentally stupid to tarnish your legacy on a low-success team for the final 2-3 years of your career.

Have to think those rumors from the Brady camp are intentionally misleading.

why Tennessee over Vegas? Wasn’t Tennessee defense just average and they’d lose a lineman. Raiders would have a top 5 offense with Brady drafting, Jude, and signing Sanders. Defense was bad but they were 4th in rush defense if they could sign a Chris Harris and draft for pass defense they would be contenders

Well true but he’s not in his prime anymore. Can he still play? Absolutely I feel with the right cast around him which makes me wonder if bill would go out of his way to do that but brady should know this team has limits due to the cap. He would have to take some type of cut.

Okay. The post I quoted was musing on how much Brady is dominating the news. I was just pointing out that other than the Manning sweepstakes back in 2012 or whatever there really isn't a comparable situation.

Fck Kraft and Fck BB for letting things get to this point. No really, fck them. This stupidity could have been avoided last year when they did this ungoldy stupid 1 year deal and everyone on this forum was convinced that Brady would re-up and not go anywhere. This is depressing.

I will never forgive them if Brady isn’t back next year

I will never forgive them if Brady isn’t back next year

Why? Because they didn’t sign a 42 year old QB for long term? Ever think maybe Bill saw how much time Brady needed for maintenance days and is saying yeah thats gonna only get better? Year to year is what smart athletes at his age do. Think Chara. That dude is on a year to year contract and he is a ok with it.

If he leaves it is 70 percent on him. At 43 he is acting like a FA would at age 30. Any team that gives into his demands is in for a world of trouble. I actually blame super G. She has been pushing his buttons for years and this is the result. Instead of saying okay, I will take a decent salary and lets make a couple more runs at it.

This TB isn’t the TB from Michigan. Or from 10 years ago. This is a new evolution of someone who has a very inflated idea of what he is worth now.

Why? Because they didn’t sign a 42 year old QB for long term? Ever think maybe Bill saw how much time Brady needed for maintenance days and is saying yeah thats gonna only get better? Year to year is what smart athletes at his age do. Think Chara. That dude is on a year to year contract and he is a ok with it.

If he leaves it is 70 percent on him. At 43 he is acting like a FA would at age 30. Any team that gives into his demands is in for a world of trouble. I actually blame super G. She has been pushing his buttons for years and this is the result. Instead of saying okay, I will take a decent salary and lets make a couple more runs at it.

This TB isn’t the TB from Michigan. Or from 10 years ago. This is a new evolution of someone who has a very inflated idea of what he is worth now.

How many things can you make up in a single post?

And you have it backwards. It wasn’t about salary but about a cushion year of security, which Tom believed he had earned (and he did.) And right now the Patriots - who thought Brady might not be up to par - are now on the other end of the equation since the team isn’t up to par. They’re the ones with egg on their face, hoping Brady will “take a risk” with their flailing roster.

How many things can you make up in a single post?

Make up? Only thing that can be refuted is the percentage of whom is to be blamed. Outside of that nothing is untrue.

What 43 year old athlete coming off a year where he showed regression, missed camp practices, missed regular season reps to the point BB dropped a nugget on how Stidham was actually getting quite a few first team reps, acts like Brady is reporting to be?

His GOAT status is irrelevant to this present discussion as his play is not at that level, nor will his body allow it. So I will wait for your rebuttal and evidence to the contrary.

Make up? Only thing that can be refuted is the percentage of whom is to be blamed. Outside of that nothing is untrue.

What 43 year old athlete coming off a year where he showed regression, missed camp practices, missed regular season reps to the point BB dropped a nugget on how Stidham was actually getting quite a few first team reps, acts like Brady is reporting to be?

His GOAT status is irrelevant to this present discussion as his play is not at that level, nor will his body allow it. So I will wait for your rebuttal and evidence to the contrary.

The Patriots disrupted the ongoing goodwill. Brady has taken less money throughout his career. In exchange, the Patriots have extended him before his contract expires so he can avoid the anxiety of dealing with this stuff. Last year in training camp, Belichick decided it’s time to begin breaking the cycle of goodwill for a rather silly reason of possibly having one year of extra cap space should Brady decline (big whoop.)

Brady’s current resentment and interest in other teams stems from this and not from some ego transformation or heel turn. A 43-year old does not WANT to leave a city after establishing roots there for 20+ years and uproot his family and kids. The Boston fan club is vilifying him just like they do to every athlete who leaves town. The stuff about Gisele, Tom’s ego, etc is all just anxious speculation.

The Patriots disrupted the ongoing goodwill. Brady has taken less money throughout his career. In exchange, the Patriots have extended him before his contract expires so he can avoid the anxiety of dealing with this stuff. Last year in training camp, Belichick decided it’s time to begin breaking the cycle of goodwill for a rather silly reason of possibly having one year of extra cap space should Brady decline (big whoop.)

Brady’s current resentment and interest in other teams stems from this and not from some ego transformation or heel turn. A 43-year old does not WANT to leave a city after establishing roots there for 20+ years and uproot his family and kids. The Boston fan club is vilifying him just like they do to every athlete who leaves town. The stuff about Gisele, Tom’s ego, etc is all just anxious speculation.

At 42 going year to year is the only contract that is safe for yourself and the team. That is the real point. He may think he is 30 but he is not, and BB agrees. And yes ego drives that mentality.

To report; I had a meeting at Gillette today and kept my eyes peeled. I did NOT see Brady and Belichick holding hands and skipping around the complex. It’s over, they hate each other. Belichick is going to be coaching peewee in Fort Kent and Brady’s headed to Pakistan to start the new PFL. Consider all bubbles burst. (Two of these statements I can guarantee as I have first hand knowledge, the others I just know a guy).

I haven't posted in 19 or so days because everytime I load Patsfans, i see a new rumor popping up about Brady's future. However, three days ago I finally went to post... until i saw an Andy Dalton thread?

Is it safe yet?

I haven't posted in 19 or so days because everytime I load Patsfans, i see a new rumor popping up about Brady's future. However, three days ago I finally went to post... until i saw an Andy Dalton thread?

Is it safe yet?
Nope. Check back in a couple of weeks. On second thought, you might want to stay away until the summertime.

Nope. Check back in a couple of weeks. On second thought, you might want to stay away until the summertime.
Maybe ill post my own rumor thread.

"Brady to XFL? Gaining stream". Or, "Chiefs signing Brady? Reid potentially considering stunning trade!"

Is it safe yet?
NOTHING is safe! Don't you watch the news? :eek:

NOTHING is safe! Don't you watch the news? :eek:
I feel safer in Boston than New Jersey at least. I hear in New Jersey, you cant watch your local team on TV without somebody throwing their TV out the window after a brutal loss.

I feel safer in Boston than New Jersey at least. I hear in New Jersey, you cant watch your local team on TV without somebody throwing their TV out the window after a brutal loss.
New Jersey is where brain cells go to die.

Thats because the frequency of brutal losses is so much greater there than in Boston. You know how many tv sets must be destroyed there?

Somebody on the Brady side of things is feeding doom and gloom quotes to the media that don’t match the other reports of how there will be another pitch from Belichick once things like the CBA and potential trades are figured out.
One can hope that Belichick is smart enough to know that there might be a point where he’s “losing” him, too. I don’t know if it’s something that can wait until mid-March.

Hornetfb85 QB thoughts

- I 100% want to see TB12 back with the Pats this year and to finish out his career.

- Have I prepared myself for TB12 to move on and for the Pats to begin the next chapter...Yes. Would I be happy, no, but I can handle it.

- If Andy Dalton is in a Pats uniform in 2020, I’m throwing my fata$$ in front of a bus.

3XiKMch.gif

This is a good example of the logic that I don’t understand. If Brady is gone unless Belichick convinces him to come back but Belichick is currently taking steps toward convincing him to come back, then it would seem that we can’t make any conclusion about what Brady will do.

Agree 100% about this. The patriots do not talk or leak.....period. News about this is understandably coming from Brady's side to increase his leverage and bargaining position with the Patriots when the negotiations reach their boiling point.
Nothing coming from the media can be trusted, any leaks are being fed to them.

It will truly be sad if Brady does not return next year, because the Pats will instantly become relatively irrelevant in the NFL landscape until they can field a competitive team again. NE will no longer be a destination where free agents actively seek to come.

But if anyone can judge whether from a pure football standpoint (taking emotion out of it) if Brady is worth pursuing for another 1-2 more years, it is Josh McDaniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3