PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting nauseating.
Now we are all lip reading experts.
Is there a vomit emoji

I don't know how they managed to win championships with such a crappy QB.
He has had so many shortfalls all of these years. Just let him leave.

This is not at all what Brewskies said. If you want to argue that Brady possesses the same skillset in 2020 as he did in 2007 or 2014, that certainly is your right. But, your hyperbole is unwarranted and is in no way an accurate representation of what he actually said.

I don't know how they managed to win championships with such a crappy QB.
He has had so many shortfalls all of these years. Just let him leave.
]

He won championships when he was younger and up to last season, he had other talent to assist him with his wins. He is aging that limits his abilities and requires additional talent to help him. This is nothing new with QBs. The Pats are very lean WRs position, don't have any TEs the backfield needs players that can catch the ball except White who didn't use that much last season.

So Tom’s pretty much guaranteed gone right? I haven’t been paying attention

I agree with Shaughnessy (OMG). I go back to the Miami game in Foxboro. I know the defense could have won the came, but he was an inaccurate as I've ever seen him. Now that may have been because of injury and not age but that is really the basis of my concern. He has had nagging injuries for that past couple years. He will be more susceptible in the future. Next year's schedule is brutal. We might win more games with Tom but that's not a guarantee. Let Tom see what he can do elsewhere and Bill get on with sustaining the franchise. Not an easy task but the past couple years have been tough. Let's reset the table and see what Bill can do.

What did you find to be misfiring about the documentary?

I believe that the intended denouement was to be a SB trophy, not the sad misfire vs the Iggles.
Tommy Boy played a fine game but coaching decisions and lack of D...
Apologies. My bad if thread derails into a SB critique. Not intended. Just responding.

I believe that the intended denouement was to be a SB trophy, not the sad misfire vs the Iggles.
Tommy Boy played a fine game but coaching decisions and lack of D...

500+ yards. Talk about shouldering the load. I’ll blame coaching for that loss every time. Nobodies perfect but BB is so close he get’s a pass. Can’t win them all.

Now that may have been because of injury and not age but that is really the basis of my concern. He has had nagging injuries for that past couple years. He will be more susceptible in the future. Next year's schedule is brutal. We might win more games with Tom but that's not a guarantee. Let Tom see what he can do elsewhere and Bill get on with sustaining the franchise. Not an easy task but the past couple years have been tough. Let's reset the table and see what Bill can do.

That should have immediately told you not to push the "post reply" button.

I've got a news flash for you: QBs get hurt. The QB's age is all but meaningless.

See:

JAG
Roethlisberger
Wentz
RGIII

etc...

I love the definitive takes one way or the other. No one knows so the declarations are just stupid.
I agree, but I do think that there are some hints that suggest that he’s leaving. Of course, that could be the pessimist in me.

I agree, but I do think that there are some hints that suggest that he’s leaving. Of course, that could be the pessimist in me.

The Patriots played hardball with him. He’s playing hardball with them. He really gave them good deals throughout his career and wanted a relatively small commitment in return. I think he’s ticked off and rightfully so.

Who knows if he’s coming back. I don’t think he knows for sure. I don’t see any no-brainer great options elsewhere.

It seems silly the Patriots wouldn’t just extend him in August. So what if he declines and he’s on the books one more year. That’s a better scenario than the greatest player ever walking away while there’s no feasible backup plan. It’s not like he demanded a 4-year extension for $35M per season.

Treating him like any other player in negotiations is the worst thing they can do. They have only themselves to blame if he walks away and they were playing some stupid game of chicken.

I went from thinking it was 75/25 he stays to now 25/75. At this point I assume he’s likely to go but but I don’t know how anyone can pretend to know.

I have no reason behind this. I thought Brady was coming back.

now confident he won’t. Again, just a gut feeling with no substantial evidence. I hope I wrong

I feel like even Brady doesn't know where he's going to go. He wants to experience FA. I'm sure his preference is to stay in NE, but he wants to be courted and listen to all opportunities.

Edelman saying this means nothing to me. These guys are close friends. It's like in middle school when your mom calls to check in on you, and your friends in the background make drug references and sex sounds to embarrass you. Edelman is just putting Brady on blast to troll him imo.

I can’t wait to see what unfolds with TB. The rumors will explode the hours leading up to FA. I think he picked a bad time to be a free agent at the age of 42 soon to be 43, but I think he’s got a little gas left in the tank with the right team. I don’t think NE is the best spot for him because they have two many questions on the OL, WR, and TE. In addition, it would be too difficult to fill those holes because there’s not much talent available at FA. And the odds aren’t in their favor for the draft.

As Ben Affleck has said recently, he’s talked to Brady about taking less money and not having much talent around him in return throughout the years. He’s also asked him whether he wants to go elsewhere and prove he’s the reason for the success and not BB.

If TB truly wants to play for the 49ers, he’ll have to make the call to Lynch as it would only cause problems if it were the other way around. If the 9ers knew Brady is a lock, they will drop/trade Jimmy in a heartbeat.

Jerry Jones being a smart businessman he is, will probably have someone leak a rumor of courting Brady forcing Dak’s hand. Jerry should just kick Dak to the curb and go after Brady. You can find another Dak.

If TB truly wants to play for the 49ers, he’ll have to make the call to Lynch as it would only cause problems if it were the other way around. If the 9ers knew Brady is a lock, they will drop/trade Jimmy in a heartbeat.

Jerry Jones being a smart businessman he is, will probably have someone leak a rumor of courting Brady forcing Dak’s hand. Jerry should just kick Dak to the curb and go after Brady. You can find another Dak.
You may be jumping the gun a bit with the idea that these teams are going to throw their young, star, franchise QBs out of the window to sign ANY other player for only two years, let alone one that’s coming off a down year where he battled some nagging injuries and would be playing at the age of 43 or potentially 44.

Prescott is NBC Sports’ #1 ranked free agent on its top 100 list, and Garoppolo is coming off a game where he was ten minutes away from being the MVP of the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back