PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The SEAN PAYTON IS AWESOME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only * I put on the Saints is the dome. I cannot stand dome football teams. It overinflates offenses and have always wondered what noodle arm would have been had he played outdoors and not in the RCA dome. That and the Saints play 9 games indoors every season. Over half.

Outside of that, Payton is in my mind a top tier coach and Brees is a very good QB.

The only * I put on the Saints is the dome. I cannot stand dome football teams. It overinflates offenses and have always wondered what noodle arm would have been had he played outdoors and not in the RCA dome. That and the Saints play 9 games indoors every season. Over half.

Outside of that, Payton is in my mind a top tier coach and Brees is a very good QB.
I tend to agree. Its unfornuate that we have a Dome, but it is manditory for NO, unlike other places. Saints used to Play outside but the heat, which is equivalent to the Philippines, and humility caused alot fans to get heat stoke visiting, and the Dome was commissioned to be a hurrican shelter as well. Thats the reason for the shape and its all Steel/iron. A few storms a year off the coast would make it impossible to have games because they get pretty violent, but really pretty . So, unfortunately we have to be a Dome team to have regular games and keep visiting fans comfortable. We even have an indoor Training center because at times it would not be possible to practice in the weather. New orleans is an estuary swamp land where millions of birds, fish, mamals around the world come to breed. Like Tuna. If I remember correctly because of the stable heat environment for that to happen it also opens things up for bad weather. From the weather Ive seen some seasons youd probably have to call 3-5 games a year if there wasnt a dome. But I agree with the Dome team thing. Its just not possible to not have a Dome in NO.

saintsindoor3-438x316.jpg

Its one reason that fake sudders in Washington DC bother me when Im there lol. They Dont Do anything grrr.
P1010044.jpg

In NO we have to have real Storm sudders to protect the windows from breaking in storms. Can get a freak storm gust up to 40-50 mph off the coast. Only really expensive windows can take that.
cfb28e4090ad4ce56da64ee9507d3503.jpg

But Brees has been supporting Brady for some time in different commnets or talk shows
Drew Brees Defends Brady

Last edited:
I tend to agree. Its unfornuate that we have a Dome, but it is manditory for NO, unlike other places. Saints used to Play outside but the heat, which is equivalent to the Philippines, and humility caused alot fans to get heat stoke visiting, and the Dome was commissioned to be a hurrican shelter as well. Thats the reason for the shape and its all Steel/iron. A few storms a year off the coast would make it impossible to have games because they get pretty violent, but really pretty . So, unfortunately we have to be a Dome team to have regular games and keep visiting fans comfortable. We even have an indoor Training center because at times it would not be possible to practice in the weather. New orleans is an estuary swamp land where millions of birds, fish, mamals around the world come to breed. Like Tuna. If I remember correctly because of the stable heat environment for that to happen it also opens things up for bad weather. From the weather Ive seen some seasons youd probably have to call 3-5 games a year if there wasnt a dome. But I agree with the Dome team thing. Its just not possible to not have a Dome in NO.

saintsindoor3-438x316.jpg

Its one reason that fake sudders in Washington DC bother me when Im there lol. They Dont Do anything grrr.
P1010044.jpg

In NO we have to have real Storm sudders to protect the windows from breaking in storms. Can get a freak storm gust up to 40-50 mph off the coast. Only really expensive windows can take that.
cfb28e4090ad4ce56da64ee9507d3503.jpg

Very informative. I understand the weather aspects for sure. I flew missions to deal with the Katrina devastation. One of the few things that stick out for me of all time was this. Flying into the New Orleans AO around 2 am once the storm cleared, and it was completely black once we hit basically western Bama. I mean completely dark, and it felt like being overseas. Where there should have been light it was nothing. No navaids. No air traffic control. All we had was some airborne ATC at that point. We had to fly a NVG aided approach into Jackson MS because they were on basic backup power and the runway lights weren't lit. It was one of the most sobering feelings I've had (outside of overseas stuff) I have ever seen/felt. I/we knew that night it was bad. Real bad. And we were right come daylight.

Very informative. I understand the weather aspects for sure. I flew missions to deal with the Katrina devastation. One of the few things that stick out for me of all time was this. Flying into the New Orleans AO around 2 am once the storm cleared, and it was completely black once we hit basically western Bama. I mean completely dark, and it felt like being overseas. Where there should have been light it was nothing. No navaids. No air traffic control. All we had was some airborne ATC at that point. We had to fly a NVG aided approach into Jackson MS because they were on basic backup power and the runway lights weren't lit. It was one of the most sobering feelings I've had (outside of overseas stuff) I have ever seen/felt. I/we knew that night it was bad. Real bad. And we were right come daylight.
OMG you were there ViperGTS , your a hero and maybe some here dont know that . Those regions were hit hard it was 7 am and still remberber seeing the sky almost black past 2 pm. Thanks for what you did.

Last edited:

Wow. Thank you for the help. What you guys did was very risky. Thanks again.

Wow. Thank you for the help. What you guys did was very risky. Thanks again.

The helo guys did the heavy lifting. We just gave them gas so they could stay up and get more poeple out. 24/7 for a week and half. I forget the actual number but it was thousands that were airlifted/rescued. It was a major effort by all services.

The helo guys did the heavy lifting. We just gave them gas so they could stay up and get more poeple out. 24/7 for a week and half. I forget the actual number but it was thousands that were airlifted/rescued. It was a major effort by all services.

The helo guys may have done the heavy lifting, but as fans of NFL teams, we know it takes a team working as a unit to succeed. All members are important for success.

Personally, I don't feel so "awesome" now for not standing up for Payton when he was getting ****ed over by Goodell and the League...it had to happen to one of our own before my eyes opened.

Apologies to Payton and props to him for standing up for Brady now.

Personally, I don't feel so "awesome" now for not standing up for Payton when he was getting ****ed over by Goodell and the League...it had to happen to one of our own before my eyes opened.

Apologies to Payton and props to him for standing up for Brady now.
Hey, It took us getting our team wrecked by the NFL with lost drafts and destroying our coaches confidence, reorganizing the team, and Brees losing 2-3 years rebuilding from what he could have done in his career in that time to get from 60% support to Id say almost 80-90% support for the Pats being wrongly accused for all of the gates. I remember fans here telling me that when your on top you better be careful because the NFL and Goodell will target you. Didn't listen and was naive. Then they destroyed my team.
I didn't ever believe that the Patriots cheated, but also did not get involved and I think alot of Saints fans defending the Pats now wish they had before, so sorry for that to. We just did not know how bad it was and what your fans had to put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe