PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The quintessential Felger and Mazz moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like the sports media at all. Very few of them have ever played professional ball, coached, or was a scout/GM on a team. Yet they talk like experts. Why do they get a platform?

Because experts aren't generally entertainers. Generally speaking, they are either barely coherent former athletes or droning experts.

The blame lies with us. We don't demand information we demand entertainment and emotional appeals (good or bad)

I'm using demand rather loosely here, but here we are talking about them.

I got a Edelman jersey that year but that was just all just binkie hope on my part.

I'd call myself an expert but Bam Childress.

These guys are ridiculous, but in hindsight, look at our last bunch of slot receivers. Brown, drafted in a round they don’t use anymore, so ostensibly udfa, Welker, traded a 5th for him, but he had already been cut by one team, and Edelman, a 7th round qb. None of these looked like the right stuff coming out of college. But what did they have.? Smarts, drive, commitment to the team. These mediots can’t be expected to see any of that from behind a microphone. Their opinion and $5 might get me a Starbucks

Squeaky and the Douche .....aka.....George and Lenny abused Kyle van Noy in identical fashion early this season.

I found this scrolling down the social media section. But I felt that it was important enough to deserve it's own thread, since it would disappear in about 15 minutes.

In this clip form 2011, Felger describes Julian Edelman as "Mr. August". Mazz as usual just jumped on the coaster for the ride. This was Felger at his 'foot in his mouth' best. It will make you cringe. Get you angry. And in the end make you smile.

Enjoy.

giphy.gif

Edelman has been in so many playoff games that it’s just stupid. Probably can’t motiv himself into mowing grass in august

To me the 'best' Felger moments were watching him make an idiot out of himself on the B's desk with Amonte. Although it was to the point where I was getting concerned that at some point Amonte was going to roll his eyes back so far they would get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back