PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The quintessential Felger and Mazz moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I found this scrolling down the social media section. But I felt that it was important enough to deserve it's own thread, since it would disappear in about 15 minutes.

In this clip form 2011, Felger describes Julian Edelman as "Mr. August". Mazz as usual just jumped on the coaster for the ride. This was Felger at his 'foot in his mouth' best. It will make you cringe. Get you angry. And in the end make you smile.

Enjoy.

I found this scrolling down the social media section. But I felt that it was important enough to deserve it's own thread, since it would disappear in about 15 minutes.

In this clip form 2011, Felger describes Julian Edelman as "Mr. August". Mazz as usual just jumped on the coaster for the ride. This was Felger at his 'foot in his mouth' best. It will make you cringe. Get you angry. And in the end make you smile.

Enjoy.

“Maybe somewhere down the road he will fill a role for you”. Try one as big as the empty space inside their heads.

Enjoy.

Michael Hurley re-tweeted it and I shared it with my buddies down here who are Pats fans (tons down here in NC) but who aren't familiar with Boston Sports radio.

They can't comprehend how the two biggest names in Boston Sports radio, on the flagship station for the Pats, are as troll-y as they are towards the team and it's fans.

I told them its the Howard Stern Phenomena (as described by Pig Vomit in Private Parts); people hate F&M but tune in to see what they will say next.

wow... a new low, right down there with Borges ripping the Richard Seymour & Matt Light draft picks

I've pretty much sworn off watching these fools because as you point out, their shtick never changes. Pick a player, bash him. Then bash the fans for being so stupid for liking him. Then bash the fans for being stupid for believing in the team. Rinse repeat. I only tune in to hear what the guests like Bedard or Reese etc. are saying. Otherwise FK them.

Mr. August .... no wonder Edelman always looks like he is ready to eat nails.

The take is ridiculous, granted. But on a separate note I feel like Troy was a little better than Jules. Is that crazy? Definitely one of the most underrated WRs, even by a lot of Pat's fans.

What do you guys think? You are playing the SuperBowl tomorrow and you have your pick of Brown or Edleman, both in their prime, who do you take? Tough call, no?

I don’t like the sports media at all. Very few of them have ever played professional ball, coached, or was a scout/GM on a team. Yet they talk like experts. Why do they get a platform?

I remember this one and his also saying Brad Marchand's upside was PJ Stock. How's that working out for you Felgie?

The Patriots have won the Super Bowl, very troubling

The take is ridiculous, granted. But on a separate note I feel like Troy was a little better than Jules. Is that crazy? Definitely one of the most underrated WRs, even by a lot of Pat's fans.

What do you guys think? You are playing the SuperBowl tomorrow and you have your pick of Brown or Edleman, both in their prime, who do you take? Tough call, no?
Love Troy Brown, but Edelman all day long. Edelman is one of the most clutch athletes ever.

I remember this one and his also saying Brad Marchand's upside was PJ Stock. How's that working out for you Felgie?

Can someone be more wrong?

I mean, from a professional standpoint, he covered football....so basically he is a meteorologist with his professional takes

In a personal context, isn't he a "hockey first" fan? Been a fan since his youth.

Yet has the sack to call fans dumb.

Anyone who ever says that the Patriot player bashing is not worth paying attention to, that it doesn't motivate the payers, can forever shut up because it is obvious to players use it to fuel their anger before games.

I just hope the haters continue.

And you know what? They certainly will.

I hate doing this, because I hate those two and their take was obviously over the top (by design, don't forget that). But in 2011, Julian Edelman SHOULDN'T have been compared to Troy Brown. And anyone who's looking at it now and says they saw then exactly what he would become is full of it.

Would love to be there one day if Felcher or Mazz run into Van Noy out and about town.

I hate doing this, because I hate those two and their take was obviously over the top (by design, don't forget that). But in 2011, Julian Edelman SHOULDN'T have been compared to Troy Brown. And anyone who's looking at it now and says they saw then exactly what he would become is full of it.

yes......we should all put on our 20/20 hindsight goggles and spend our days stating the obvious.

screw that........kudos to the person who saw it

I have no issue with talking heads making proclamations, judgements and predictions but have the stones to publicly announce when you are and were wrong and don't wait for one of your co-hosts to call you in one it because they rarely do. Take ownership of it and admit when you are wrong.

Dilfer did this back in 2014 after the KC game and he still gets bashed about it but he doesn't hide from his remark. I respect him for that.

Mazz is such a dope, first thing monday he said he hated, hated the snoozer bowl. Felger and the other moron liked it, yesterday with Bedard Mazz was saying he loved the defensive game. Hes such a phony tool.

Mazz is such a dope, first thing monday he said he hated, hated the snoozer bowl. Felger and the other moron liked it, yesterday with Bedard Mazz was saying he loved the defensive game. Hes such a phony tool.
I disagree. He is 100% "tool".

You think that’s funny? Go back and read this forum from the same time. 99% of the people here had him cut in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back