PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy Trolls Felger and Mazz Following Ron Burton Award Acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness that’s not really the case. I don’t think he cares about football/Patriots getting more attention. Whatever works for their shtick is all that matters.

Also Felger has been pumping up the 2019 Patriots so knock on wood.

I disagree. He's a former beat writer for the Sox who's passionate about baseball. His shtick is slam the Pats when a team "conflict" arrises. These are the times when he looks less foolish mocking the juggernaut. On top of that his football knowledge is minimal at best.

They crossed the line though. Van Noy said he didn't care that they think he's not good but they attacked his character in a hostile way. Who wrote the rule anyway that you can never respond to a public personal attack?
I hear ya & I'm sure it would bother me to an extent as well. That said I absolutely hate, hate when people complain abt these losers or the Parker's or SAS or whoever of the world.

They are WWE characters. They get together, go over topics or invent some. Practice lines, usually interns & others will chime in w takes. Pick a side & exhale dogshฯt for an hour.

Its not informative at all, quite the opposite actually. I remember this lol

I can honestly say I haven't watched any of that garbage in forever. I dont miss it at all.

I disagree. He's a former beat writer for the Sox who's passionate about baseball. His shtick is slam the Pats when a team "conflict" arrises. These are the times when he looks less foolish mocking the juggernaut. On top of that his football knowledge is minimal at best.
Yeah he’s passionate about baseball but if you ever listen to the show they spend a decent amount of time ****ting on the product, Mazz included.

Yes they are annoying at times but whatever, generally they make it entertaining. Unpopular opinion, I know.

But what is far more annoying is the new radio runts who try to mimic their shtick and fail badly. Felger and Mazz are good at what they do, obviously and the fact that so many people here take them seriously and get their panties in a bunch over it is proof.

If you understand what they are doing the show can sometimes be entertaining to listen to. In some ways I appreciate them as the media antagonists that need to be made fools of by the Pats. Otherwise it is all sunshine and lollipops and what fun is that?

Last edited:
Yeah he’s passionate about baseball but if you ever listen to the show they spend a decent amount of time ****ting on the product, Mazz included.

Yes they are annoying at times but whatever, generally they make it entertaining. Unpopular opinion, I know.

But what is far more annoying is the new radio runts who try to mimic their shtick and fail badly. Felger and Mazz are good at what they do, obviously and the fact that so many people here take them seriously and get their panties in a bunch over it is proof.

If you understand what they are doing the show can sometimes be entertaining to listen to. In some ways I appreciate them as the media antagonists that need to be made fools of by the Pats. Otherwise it is all sunshine and lollipops and what fun is that?
Both extremes are terrible lol. I don't judge when it comes to entertainment so I get what you're saying. It's when the slow ones take these §hit birds seriously. Then come here drooling abt Rob Parker or Skip like we're supposed to take them seriously.

Both extremes are terrible lol. I don't judge when it comes to entertainment so I get what you're saying. It's when the slow ones take these §hit birds seriously. Then come here drooling abt Rob Parker or Skip like we're supposed to take them seriously.
Oh for sure. I admit listening to Felger and Mazz because I find it entertaining. I think their football knowledge is quite limited and they scour for takes to troll Patriots fans, and basically admit it.

The whole deflate gate stuff? They were insufferable to listen to but in general I find it entertaining so long as you don’t take any of it seriously. But a lot of people do on both sides of the spectrum.

Oh for sure. I admit listening to Felger and Mazz because I find it entertaining. I think their football knowledge is quite limited and they scour for takes to troll Patriots fans, and basically admit it.

The whole deflate gate stuff? They were insufferable to listen to but in general I find it entertaining so long as you don’t take any of it seriously. But a lot of people do on both sides of the spectrum.
Everyone has their gulity pleasures or w/e so I definitely hear you. I have to get into more podcast when I have time. Bunch of good ones (former coaches/players etc) that are actually worth it.

I'm not questioning the "good cop...bad cop" radio schtick. There's nothing mysterious about that. It's a ploy that's been in place for years in the sports entertainment business and other media broadcast outlets.

What I'm saying is Squeaky Macaroni is a hard core baseball fan. When he puts down the RS its from a passion perspective. He's a Red Sox fanboy with a mcrofone who is wounded inside by say an upper management decision, a field manager decision, a pink hat fan, whatever the baseball and RS related topic may be. His love of the game of baseball is a thousand times stronger than that of football. And that's fine (hard to fathom but whatever). He has a great knowledge of the game of baseball to go along with that passion. With football the passion is disconnected. He's out of his comfort zone. The Pats negativity can be baseless in his attempts to bring the buzz and the relevancy back to baseball. So he throws sarcastic barbs up against the microphone in an attempt to see what sticks. His is football knowledge is minimal at best. For these reasons, with football topics there's not much that comes out of his mouth that I take seriously (positive or negative).

Anyway, enough about Mazz. Maybe subconsciously its all in my head. After all I'm a self admitting Pats fanboy :D and with the exception of TE this team seems stacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes