PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moral of the story (Mr. Wells investigates Richie and Tom) is simple:

When Mr. Wells asks to look at your phone, you tell Mr. Wells to go piss up a rope.

Back at the beginning of this situation, I was a sourpuss (I usually am) and predicted suspensions
for Brady and Belichick , loss of draft picks, and a million dollar fine. There is no definite proof but
I predict a one game suspension for Brady, loss of our 2016 #1 draft pick, and the million
dollar fine.

I haven't read the full report yet, plan to systematically do that when I get home... but I'm confident there won't be any draft picks or suspensions of Belichick involved

The reason I say this is that this entire report appears to be an all out war on Tom Brady. It exonerated Kraft and BB explicitly, which is good news because if they were thrown in with this it would be categorized as an organizational level of cheating, which would have draft picks and other punishments associated with it

By exonerating BB and Kraft, the report clears them and proceeds to put the cross hairs right on to Tom Brady's handsome face.

I can see a significant fine or worst case suspension for Brady, but certainly not more than 1 game. Someone on the chargers got caught using stickum and was given a $20k fine, so anything beyond that would be stupidly excessive

**** all of this BS... totally unreal, I'm so upset and angry right now.. what a nightmare.

Regardless of if the they "cheated" or not, it's time the Pats just owned the villain role and just start doing heelish things. No more interviews with ESPN. Every single answer to every single question posed to any member of the team "We're on too.....". Playing the Eddie Guerrero theme song in the stadium etc. Just embrace it and tell everyone not on their side to F-off

Didnt the official state that the Patriot footballs "started" at around 12.5 and the Colts around 13?

Well, take a look at the Colts chart of PSIs at half-time and take away that .5 starting difference between their starting PSI and the Patriots.

Looks awfully similar to the Patriots numbers.

CEV1N4yWgAAFBve.png:large

According to Wells report:
"
the Ideal Gas
Law predicts that the Patriots balls should have measured between
and
psi at the
end
of the first half, just before they were brought back into the Officials Locker Room."

If you take Prioleau's numbers alone, only 3/10 are below their own stated expectation in drop. Their scientific investigation seemed only to concentrate on temperature and very little (if at all) on effects of cold rain on PSI.

Why only use the higher number? That's the justification why Colts balls were in spec, that their footballs were at least 12.5 on one of the gauges.

@TimCowlishaw: NFL season kicks off on a Thursday night in 4 months. Can't wait to see Jimmy Garoppolo leading the Patriots against the Steelers.

ESPN is in heaven

Wells Report - the kinda stuff that is most damning to Brady (e.g., by insinuating he lied to them):

When asked specifically whether he had spoken with Jastremski about McNally on the night of the Jets game, he stated: “I didn‟t know who Jim McNally was so I find it hard to believe I could bring that up.” On this point, Brady‟s statement is inconsistent with Jastremski‟s statements that Brady knew McNally and made a comment about McNally during the Jets game when complaining about the game balls.

This is essentially Wells arguing a case for civil court. It might win. It might lose. It's not convincing if you think about it from one angle. It's damning if you think about it from another.
I thought the whole point of an independent report is suppose to be to reach a conclusion based on the evidence, not draft an argument on behalf of the league for the court of public opinion.

Perhaps what Brady should do is commission his own report by an investigative agency independent of the NFL to exonerate his name, if it can be exonerated....

If you suspend Brady, Goodell might have poked the sleeping bear one too many times..

CEVupYTUMAAyu0h.jpg:large

McNally and Jastremski

Two things spring to mind from reading the thread (apologies I don't have time to read the whole report yet).

1. The McNally and Jastremski texts indicate that some of the balls prior to the Chicago game were blown up to 16 psi by persons unknown to them (they inferred it was the referees screwing with them). If this happens regularly and before inspection, wouldn't they need to take some of the air out in order to pass. Hence the need for needles and the use of the word deflate. NOWHERE does the text even hint at lowering below the required standard.

2. The scientific argument is dismissed, did I get this correctly, because the Colts balls that were measured were not as low as the Patriots, therefore climate and atmospheric conditions are irrelevant. This is just ridiculous. Without knowing what pressure the Colts submitted their balls at, this is an obvious case of biased judgement by the investigators. The Colts could easily have inflated their balls to 13.5 or even more leading to at least 1psi difference from the get go. There is also no indication of whether the 2 balls were in play and subjected to wear, tear and stress but I need not go on.

A plea to all other 29 teams outside of NY - lobby to move the NFL HQ to the corn belt, where the influence of Meadowlanders is negligible.

I thought the whole point of an independent report is suppose to be to reach a conclusion based on the evidence, not draft an argument on behalf of the league for the court of public opinion.
They were lawyers hired and paid for by the NFL.

That's what lawyers do for paying clients.

If the Patriots hired lawyers their version would be drastically different in tone.

Tom's image is forever tarnished because of this report.
Only if you give it credence. The whole thing is a crock.

@TimCowlishaw: NFL season kicks off on a Thursday night in 4 months. Can't wait to see Jimmy Garoppolo leading the Patriots against the Steelers.

ESPN is in heaven

That would be Jimmy Garoppolo leading 52 angry men out on the field. . . .

And God help the Colts if that happens.

Considering how poorly they handled the ray rice investigation Iam quite sure they are going to overcompensate with brady's suspension.

Detail investigative parameters
Detail investigation
Summarize
Opine

That's pretty standard. What's not up to par is the way Wells manipulates the evidence.

Oh. Haha, that's right. Ok so I get how it implicates McNally but not Brady. If brady was complaining about game balls to the other dude then how does that translate into him ordering them to do this? I mean you can infer it, I guess, but it just as easy to infer that they just did it on their own.

Brady isn't getting suspended for "maybe", you fools lol

If McNally was "the deflator" in May 2014 and January 2015, how did the Patriots balls get to be 16 psi in the Jets game in October? Did McNally just forget how to deflate balls mid-season and re-learn it for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST