PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"The Patriots lost to a backup QB in the Super Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defense made Foles look great. He was too comfortable throughout the game. No blitz...
They did blitz sometimes, but those blitzes were poorly designed and/or executed.
For example, I would've overload-blitzed the crap out of their LT Vitai until he proved that he could physically and mentally handle the challenges. Never happened that way, unfortunately.

I think they're referring to me, when I said that BB is the greatest coach I've ever seen but IMO, he had a Grady Little moment with Butler (based soolely on what we can actually know about the situation).

So plenty of caveats there, and I'll add: unless there's more to the story, benching Butler and then not putting him in as they got torched repeatedly, wasn't really BB's shining moment as an NFL coach.

Disagree and name-call all you want, bub, but the Eagles were salivating when they (unexpectedly) realized tha tRowe was on an island with Alshon...and tore Chung (who was out of his strength) and Richards apart, repeatedly.

While Malcolm Butler, the guy who had gone 1-on-1 repeatedly with Antonio Brown and had proven that the Superb Owl wasn't too big a stage for him, stood one th sidelines.

In a word, duh.

Butler never went 1:1 with Brown. McCourty or Harmon were always helping with bracket coverage in man.

I agree that postulating what Bill did being similar to what Grady Little did is an unfair comparison...

...to Grady Little.

Because what Bill did is far, far worse.

To not put him in when the Eagles were roaring was repeatedly a spur of the moment choice, bub.

ps. Bub, you called me an idiot, so if you take offense at "bub," reevaluate your life.
Wow,... I didn't specifically call you an idiot, because at the time I wrote my reply to the post I didn't know exactly whose opinion I was evaluating. Frankly, after reading the above defensive, nonsensical bulls###, I'm more certain than ever that my original analysis was spot-on.

BS! He kept Butler on the bench when he was needed on the game. You don’t leave your #2 CB on the bench in the biggest game of the year

#2 indeed. He's played like Number Two this year.

Watching the replay of the SB right now. Doesn't hurt that much. Shows how inept our defensive potential was all season. We will fix it this off-season. Going to be good next year.

Yes, the Patriots lost to a back up QB. Who will be under center for the Eagles when they open up Thursday night in September? Here's a hint, it won't be Foles. They almost lost to Blake Bortles two weeks earlier, and they did lose to Jay Cutler and Cam Newton!!!

The Pat's defense is just plain awful, the Falcons held Foles in check, and the Vikings were missing half of their secondary by the time the second quarter of the NFC championship rolled around.

They Pat's offense did not punt in the SB, they played an entire game and didn't punt, AND STILL LOST! Has that every happened before?

If Tom Brady lost a game of Hide and Seek to his daughter, the headline would be "Brady loses to five year old."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes