PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE official Patriots trade deadline thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf cool let's just disregard the defense, don't believe it considering our defensive issues Hightower shouldn't even be a thought.

It's almost definitely pure speculation.

Not trading HT for Tate. I'll give draft picks but not HT. We are razor thin and need both him and KVN even if he has looked underwhelming early on.

Let's not fly off the handle shouting "WHAT ARE THEY DOOOOOOIIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!!" based on random speculation from every Twitter feed this side of the Milky Way Galaxy, eh?

You almost NEVER see player for player trades in the NFL anyway. They're super rare.

It's almost definitely pure speculation.

And by the looks of Tate’s tweet, he is going somewhere, but not necessarily NE.

I hope not but I’m trying to get into the mindframe of a shocking transaction that’s “justified” by moving on a year early over a year late. They tend to have one of those every so often.

Maybe not Edelaman.

But Gronkowski? Hightower? I could see that.

I wonder why HT is being rumored to get traded. Has his play fell off that much?

people drawing conclusions to someone who was inactive and somehow ignoring that he was on the injury report and him being inactive could have been simply been a maintenance given his history and no his play hasn't fallen off that much. He's pretty much the difference in the Pats beating the Chiefs with his INT and then his pressure that caused an INT in the end zone

Last edited:
I’d still go with Gilmore. Devin as well if they start playing him back at his comfortable role.
There's a better chance they trade Brady than one of the the best CBs in the league.

Call me simple, but I like the idea of Demaryius Thomas here, even at his price tag, assuming they can make room. Thomas can beat you in a lot of ways, and at 6'3" is another big target like Gordon. .

I live in Denver, they cant wait for DT to leave here. There is a reason, first off the word is he is a bit lazy, second he has a decent cap hit, third he isnt special anymore.

Just repeating what everyone here in Denver is talking about.

I’d laugh my ass off if they pull a trade for OBJ

I'd be shocked. I'm not advocating for it, but I'd be thrilled. If Bill thinks we need him, who am I to argue. He would be fun to watch and make the offense lethal. I do see the argument for him... age and health of our receivers including Gronk.

I live in Denver, they cant wait for DT to leave here. There is a reason, first off the word is he is a bit lazy, second he has a decent cap hit, third he isnt special anymore.

Just repeating what everyone here in Denver is talking about.

They are certainly generous in their assessment.

Also, he's soft as ****.

Maybe not Edelaman.

So the conspiracy theory is High was held out from last night's game because he might be traded today?

Thats pretty thin.

I'd be shocked. I'm not advocating for it, but I'd be thrilled. If Bill thinks we need him, who am I to argue. He would be fun to watch and make the offense lethal. I do see the argument for him... age and health of our receivers including Gronk.

I think the contract would be too big of a pill to swallow.

I would love that trade but we’d have to trade a pick for a higher end LB.

I think it’s worth the locket room ripple. Going to need even next level of offense to win it this year

So the conspiracy theory is High was held out from last night's game because he might be traded today?

Thats pretty thin.
It's speculation and rumors. "Pretty thin" is far more substantial than, say, "**** Ben Volin Tweeted".

Maybe not Edelaman.

Gronk not going anywhere but retirement from here.... he already made it very clear. He's effectively un-tradable.

short of a LT becoming available I don't think we will see any major moves by the patriots.

dorsett to the browns for jamie collins is my shocker of the year.

trading Hightower would actually increase his cap number, I can only hope that this is an internet troll.

If there's any truth to the Hightower rumor could Bentley be close be close to returning off of the DL
I don't live anywhere close to the area so I don't know much about his injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back