PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE official Patriots trade deadline thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this thread just for the rumors? what if the pats make a big acquisition? someone is going to start a new thread...
This thread is a whore. Use it for anything you’d like regarding the team and trade deadline.

If they’re targeting a wideout, would anyone be surprised at Edelman being offered as trade bait? Just asking that makes me sad.

I don't think that will happen more for the locker room culture than anything else. He is a tone setter in practice and games alike and is one of the few that can create a spark without making it seem forced. Also he still has enough quickness and route running skills to be an impactful part of the offense.

Also it is not like his contract makes him a Logan Mankins.

In terms of WR I would not be surprised about them moving on from Hogan, Dorsett or even CP if a chance presents itself. That being said the first two are on so small contracts that there would not be any major gain except a roster spot.

Everything else would be shocking to me but after the moves BB made in the last years (Cooks, Gordon..) anything is possible I suppose.

I hope not but I’m trying to get into the mindframe of a shocking transaction that’s “justified” by moving on a year early over a year late. They tend to have one of those every so often.

Makes sense.. I could possibly be on board with a Edelman trade if they traded for a true young #1 receiver. The names being thrown out their are Meh to me, other than OBJ which comes with baggage.

Could the shocking transaction also be trading Hightower or Flowers?

I hope not but I’m trying to get into the mindframe of a shocking transaction that’s “justified” by moving on a year early over a year late. They tend to have one of those every so often.

I’d be bummed beyond belief if they did that

Makes sense.. I could possibly be on board with a Edelman trade if they traded for a true young #1 receiver. The names being thrown out their are Meh to me, other than OBJ which comes with baggage.

Could the shocking transaction also be trading Hightower or Flowers?
I don’t think Flowers but Hightower is another one I could see.

By that logic it could be Brady. Jules is back to his normal self and his contract is good there is literally zero reason to think Jules would be traded.

Anything is possible with Crazy Bill -- "The trading away of players will continue until team spirit improves!"

Outside of the acknowledged
Anything is possible with Crazy... Bill

Edelman's not going anywhere, and we're almost certainly not going to get news about any Patriots trade until after 3 pm (coaches' conferences with the media end around then).

...would anyone be surprised at Edelman being offered as trade bait?

Angry-Face-Funny-Squirrel.jpg

By that logic it could be Brady. Jules is back to his normal self and his contract is good there is literally zero reason to think Jules would be traded.
Except the team totally falls apart without Brady where that may not be the case with Edelman. Again, I’m not advocating that they do it at all. I’m just asking if anyone wouldn’t be shocked by it.

The name I am circling for a potential "shocking" trade would be Duron Harmon but only if there is a corresponding move that frees up DMac to be a full time FS again.

How many 1sts would dallas give us for hoyer?? Did you see those kneels last night:eek:

Anybody speculating that Edelman could go anywhere should be ashamed

I'm embarrassed for you

If they’re targeting a wideout, would anyone be surprised at Edelman being offered as trade bait? Just asking that makes me sad.

Unless the question is:
"How can BB make a dumber decision than benching Malcolm Butler in the SB"
or
"How can BB assure James White breaks the record for most receptions by a RB in a season".

Then yes it would be a surprise.

I wonder how many ex Patriots BB will try to get? These guys would know the system, making it easier to get them up to speed. Blount might be a relatively inexpensive choice at RB. There has also been a lot of talk about Jamie Collins, although his price tag is higher and he has underperformed in Cleveland. There has been some mention of Chandler Jones. Good pass rusher, which the Pats need, but another big salary.

Except the team totally falls apart without Brady where that may not be the case with Edelman. Again, I’m not advocating that they do it at all. I’m just asking if anyone wouldn’t be shocked by it.
I'd be extremely shocked.

I don’t think Flowers but Hightower is another one I could see.
I’d be infuriated if we cut bait with Flowers. Clearly showed last night that he’s our best defensive lineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back