PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that must they're trying to dump #62 into 2013, because surely they can't be targeting another guy MORE likely to last to 62 than Wilson?
I think they were trying with both and just had to pick someone. Teams probably are not taking trade down calls from the Pats.

Even in a crap year for safeties, this kid was rated nowhere near the top of the heap. Now, that doesn't guarantee that the kid's going to suck like a Dyson, as Brady/Patriots fans know very well, but it's certainly not a good sign.

Maybe BB read the quote under your posts.

Wilson isn't even listed on NFP's list of safeties for the draft. And that's like 20 SS and 15 FS - not a mention of Wilson. Curry, Reyes, Still, Worthy, all better than Ron Brace were still on the board. Let alone WR Randle from LSU, the CB Boydkin. Man, this is a bomb of a pick. No one else would have touched him until the Pats picked again - that's almost for certain.

And if BB wanted a safety what about Iloka from Boise St?

I don't complain about BB picks - check out my history - I'm inclined to give BB and the player the benefit of the doubt. But this pick is out of whack, smells desperate.

Last edited:
Let's give this kid a chance. Belichick's "reaches" according to these BSPN and NFLN mediots usually turn out pretty good.. Logan Makins WHO? Sebastian Vollmer WHO?. Bill is all about value if this guy did not have a second round grade or something close to it according to the PATRIOTS grading then he would not have been taken. Just because some losers at NFLN say he's not going to be drafted doesn't mean jack...if it did they'd be in front offices actually you know evaluating players for their job.

For every Mankins and Vollmer, there are 5 unknowns who

Ronnie busted big time YEAH - YouTube

Greg Berdard of the Globe just tweeted that he asked 2 separate NFL scouts about Tavon Wilson and neither scout had heard of him.

Troy Brown got booed big time when he came out to announce the Pats pick
On Twitter Pete "the Prick" Prisco had this to say about it..
"Some of these players making the picks were non-media friendly when they played. Now they want back in the spotlight."

GFY Pete

I really think BB made this pick just to piss us off. We were all getting to smug after yesterday. CBS he's him going in the 6-7th rounds. He's a 6' 200lb FS with decent speed and mediocre measurables. Nothing that stands out and could explain this pick. This is BEYOND a reach. We won't ever be able to explain it, we can only hope that somehow it works out.

Meanwhile Josh Robinson, Devon Still, Kendall Reyes, Brandon Boykins, were all there.

If I knew this would be the pick I would have hoped they would have traded it for a 2nd next year and a 7th and THEN picked Tayvon Wilson. :rolleyes;

While I agree with you on many points, he is versatile and did play a lot of corner back as well as safety. At the end of the day we will have to wait and see how the kid does.

Just a theory.

If Pats were aiming to go s/CB with their last two picks and they had Wilson as their top rated safety. Wouldn't it make more sense to draft him first and then get a CB from the deeper class of CB's. Will see what they do at 62

Bethel Johnson was a similar reach. But so was Deion Branch. As I recall, he carried a 5th round grade from Mel Kiper and ESPN.

Wilson isn't even listed on NFP's list of safeties for the draft. And that's like 20 SS and 15 FS - not a mention of Wilson. Curry, Reyes, Still, Worthy, all better than Ron Brace were still on the board. Let alone WR Randle from LSU, the CB Boydkin. Man, this is a bomb of a pick. No one else would have touched him until the Pats picked again - I'm sure of that.

And if BB wanted a safety what about Iloka from Boise St?

Kiper had him as the #26 safety in this draft class. Undrafted F/A

Greg Berdard of the Globe just tweeted that he asked 2 separate NFL scouts about Tavon Wilson and neither scout had heard of him.

if the scouts didn't see him then how the hell can they judge him?

Whoa, thats a shocker. Well I guess this wouldnt be the first time. Ridley seemed like a reach last year, Mankins seemed like a HUGE reach at his time. I'd give this a C- ONLY because it does fill a need.

the chargers had him in and picked after pats, maybe they just liked him that much and didn't want to loose him

Pats to draft the best long snapper available with their next pick ;)

Last edited:
i have a theory: is it possible that the Pats' gopher/runner at Radio City Music Hall wrote down the wrong name? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft