PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. Still, Worthy, and Broyles in the next four picks. And we get Trashvon Wilson.

he ate it instead

Steelers beefing up their line. They've drafted well for need.

Last edited:
Hopefully Wilson is a WTF who? pick like Vollmer rather than a WTF who? like Cunningham

even tho i like cunningham alot dont

This is a good talking point as most will say " BB saw something that nobody else did with this kid" .... Just....like....cunningham.

Fail pick X10

...Having said that, its hard imagining that Wilson wouldn't have been available later on. Personally, I was hoping to trade down ten slots or so and pick up a third rounder in the process and then trade that 3rd rounder for a 2013 2nd rounder. Apparently I'm one of the few fans of the "value" approach. Having multiple early picks every year is a winning strategy in my eyes.

I hope Wilson pans out but even if he does, it's hard to like him at #48.

Couldn't agree more. HATE the pick even if he turns into a Pro Bowler. Trade down few, grab a pick, pick SOMEONE ELSE, and then get this guy at 62. The last pick I hated in this particular way is MATTHEW SLATER and that worked out so I suppose there's hope. Still, overall I despise this pick.

Steelers are going to overhaul their O-line in one draft at this pace.

meh.ro3106.jpg

Last edited:
So excited for the next BB pick lol. Might as well draft Vontaze Burfict at this point.

I hope Tavon tears **** up and you guys stop calling him trash.

I haven't been so disappointed with a Patriots pick since McCourty. Hopefully it'll be a similar result...

Bethel Johnson was a similar reach. But so was Deion Branch. As I recall, he carried a 5th round grade from Mel Kiper and ESPN.

And 2002 -- the Branch/Givens year -- was the last time this organization has drafted and developed a WR successfully.

Better to poach finished products from other teams through FA/trade/waivers. It's not always ideal but it's worked to some degree. BB and Co. do a lot of things well. Almost everything, But evaluating, drafting and developing WR talent is not one of them.

That being said they could take one with the next pick and we'd all get sucked into the vortex again.....:biggrin2:

Couldn't agree more. HATE the pick even if he turns into a Pro Bowler. Trade down few, grab a pick, pick SOMEONE ELSE, and then get this guy at 62. The last pick I hated in this particular way is MATTHEW SLATER and that worked out so I suppose there's hope. Still, overall I despise this pick.

I totally disagree. I'm not saying I like the pick but if you as an organization feel strongly that he is a pro bowler you pick him regardless.

So excited for the next BB pick lol. Might as well draft Vontaze Burfict at this point.

When does your favorite team draft next, and why aren't you on that team's board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST