PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but can he rush the passer???

Enough with these epic reaches. The Pats need a legitimate GM.

ried-troll.gif

That really was a head scratcher!!! Highest I have seen Wilson on any mock draft was Round 4.

Last edited:
BB just wasted a 2nd round pick on a GUNNER ????

WTF :eek:

(edit) If he's an improvement over Sergio Brown it's a plus move

NEM at Safety at 70 years old would be an improvement over Brown :eek:

Tavon Wilson visited the chargers, who picked after pats, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Would someone ban that Jets fan already?

Why, Oh, Why didnt BB just consult the draftniks here before passing on all the can't miss players and picking this project? If only he was as smart as you guys!:D

Strengths

Wilson has an excellent athletic ability and can fly around the field. He also has an ideal build for a safety at 6’0”, 205 pounds and can attack a player and create fumbles with his hits. He’s a smart leader as well and is known as a hard-working player.

His best part of his game is his special teams' abilities. He is an instant gunner for whoever drafts him and can still contribute as a depth safety. Also, he has an excellent blitz ability.

Weaknesses

He isn’t the most fluid athlete and has issues with coverage. He doesn’t have the best hips and isn’t the most instinctive player, either. He also has issues wrapping up his tackles and doesn’t always take the best angles.

Overview

He’s a true project at safety. He is not likely to contribute past special teams early on and is a likely role player.

2012 Possible Atlanta Falcons Draft Pick Profile: S Tavon Wilson | Bleacher Report

In other words, should be an UDFA

I thought Zimmerman killed Tavon......

Let's give this kid a chance. Belichick's "reaches" according to these BSPN and NFLN mediots usually turn out pretty good.. Logan Makins WHO? Sebastian Vollmer WHO?. Bill is all about value if this guy did not have a second round grade or something close to it according to the PATRIOTS grading then he would not have been taken. Just because some losers at NFLN say he's not going to be drafted doesn't mean jack...if it did they'd be in front offices actually you know evaluating players for their job.

Even in a crap year for safeties, this kid was rated nowhere near the top of the heap. Now, that doesn't guarantee that the kid's going to suck like a Dyson, as Brady/Patriots fans know very well, but it's certainly not a good sign.

They never opened up the chests of Brady, A Foster etc. to see what they're like deep down and maybe this is another one. He could also be roster fodder.

Roster fodder at #48? ffs...take him at 62 if you think you see something in him. No way in hell this guy would've been gone by then.

its sad when your fan base knows more about DBs and WRs than your teams personnel department. thank goodness for getting lucky with brady bc BB would be DC for the Bucs or something right now

I really think BB made this pick just to piss us off. We were all getting to smug after yesterday. CBS he's him going in the 6-7th rounds. He's a 6' 200lb FS with decent speed and mediocre measurables. Nothing that stands out and could explain this pick. This is BEYOND a reach. We won't ever be able to explain it, we can only hope that somehow it works out.

Meanwhile Josh Robinson, Devon Still, Kendall Reyes, Brandon Boykins, were all there.

If I knew this would be the pick I would have hoped they would have traded it for a 2nd next year and a 7th and THEN picked Tayvon Wilson. :rolleyes;

Why, Oh, Why didnt BB just consult the draftniks here before passing on all the can't miss players and picking this project? If only he was as smart as you guys!:D

You're really going with the appeal to authority after this pick? Whether the pick works out or not, this is an Al Davis pick, for crying out loud.

Last edited:
maybe no ones wants to trade

Chicago just traded up to #45 from #50, and Green Bay traded up to #51 from #59, so I find it difficult to believe that was the case.

Obviously the coaching staff sees something in Tavon Wilson that they like; I'm not going to doubt their judgement on that.

What I do question is why they didn't believe Wilson would still be available later.

Even if they plan on trading #62 down in order to acquire an extra draft pick Wilson most likely would have still been available in the third round or later.

This Board is hilarious when it comes to the WTF picks. Seriously the secondary was not as bad as people thought and we seriously upgraded the pass rush which helps the secondary. The Draft is a crap shoot how many "can't miss" 1st rounders bomb out in 2 years and how many late rounders make it great in the league.

BB usually finds the players he needs to make the team better and he gets paid good money to do it and we don't

It will be BB's downfall.. lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft