PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so funny. These guys do this a lot with Pittsburgh fans and their Yinzish Facebook comments. You can tell fans are serious. Lol

We disagree by a lot, ill leave it at that.

Fair enough. For the record, I hope you're right and it's a blowout. I enjoy watching playoff games that aren't competitive for the Pats.

Sorry champ, I've never made a single bet in my life, and I'm not about to start.
At least you have come out of hiding, so that’s a baby step toward being a man. Now you just need to pay up your bet.

This is so funny. These guys do this a lot with Pittsburgh fans and their Yinzish Facebook comments. You can tell fans are serious. Lol

OMG....thanks for sharing....

I'm interested why you'd think that? What are the parallels? Denver had a similar, but not the same defense perhaps, but they also had a good QB in Manning, a solid running game and two very good WRs to compliment.

Add in a NE team literally decimated in an entire aspect of the game (offense, defense, and ST) playing AWAY in a stadium they didn't have a good record in, and I'm struggling to see where these are similar at all?

The Jags, like the 2015 Broncos are a team with a good front 4 and great CB play. I actually don't think they are as good as the 2015 Broncos and I actually think Bortles is better than the 2015 version of Manning. With a gimpy Jules, no running game, and really only Gronk, they came a missed XP from tying it and maybe even winning it. I think this Pats team is in a much better position and should play to win the game in a manner similar to the 2016 Bronco's game. I see something like 20-0 or 20-3 or 21-7. Something like that.

The Jags, like the 2015 Broncos are a team with a good front 4 and great CB play. I actually don't think they are as good as the 2015 Broncos and I actually think Bortles is better than the 2015 version of Manning. With a gimpy Jules, no running game, and really only Gronk, they came a missed XP from tying it and maybe even winning it. I think this Pats team is in a much better position and should play to win the game in a manner similar to the 2016 Bronco's game. I see something like 20-0 or 20-3 or 21-7. Something like that.
We essentially played that game with an OL that combined was at about 65% strength and had players playing injury and out of position

This will get the Steelers boards going:

Tomlin: on coaching staff: "I don't know where these roads are going to lead. Not ready to discuss that. Some contracts up

Tomlin on Ben and Haley's relationship: "I'm gathering info on all relationships . . . I'm not ready to say anything on any of our relationships"

Tomlin on how offense developed under Haley: Again, not going to have a lot of answers for you guys

Add that to this

Plenty of Steelers fans currently are upset with the performance of coach Mike Tomlin, given the team’s inability to get back to the Super Bowl or, more specifically, to get past the Patriots. (And now the Jaguars.) A small group of Steelers fans who own pieces of the franchise’s equity are particularly miffed with Tomlin — sufficiently miffed that they want to see a change get made.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, some of the team’s limited partners intend to lobby owner Art Rooney to fire of Tomlin and to hire a new coach.

Source: Some Steelers limited partners want a coaching change

and the Steelers fan base will be jumping.

Tomlin on Ben and Haley's relationship: "I'm gathering info on all relationships . . . I'm not ready to say anything on any of our relationships"

Oh, man. Tomlin. Are you STILL going to gather information on two individuals who have been together in your building and in your office almost everyday for the last 4 (?) years? Are you that clueless or you did not have the presence of mind to say something like "that's an internal team matter"!

We essentially played that game with an OL that combined was at about 65% strength and had players playing injury and out of position

I honestly think that was one of Brady's and Gronk best games ever. I have never seen QB hit so many times and get back up. And Gronk was an absolute beast. Some of his catches were just outrageous.

I honestly think that was one of Brady's and Gronk best games ever. I have never seen QB hit so many times and get back up. And Gronk was an absolute beast. Some of his catches were just outrageous.
We were doomed by the OL though.

I remember going back and reviewing the 18-1 SB. Brady was hit WHILE THROWING on more than half the passes he threw. There is nothing a win can do when he is hit in the throwing motion because the ball just isn’t going where you intend it to.
That game was similar.

That sounds like horse ****. The QB is typically given multiple plays to work with by the OC and will usually check in to the one that works best based upon how he reads the defense at the LOS. Sounds like he’s simply tossing Haley under the bus.

Well, if there is one area in which Ben is truly All-World, it's throwing everyone else under the bus.

My take is that outrage and deep disappointment aside, demonstrably incompetent Tomlin continues to be untouchable.

It's good to be the black head coach of the organization behind the Rooney rule. But, sooner or later, even that is going to have a shelf life.

Nah. Pittsburgh would have a chance to score enough to have a chance. Jacksonville has already lost. Blake bortles isn’t beating belichick.

Now you talkin' crazy. I know you don't literally think Jville has already lost, but when you start writing like Dan Shaugnessy you should reconsider your thinking. This could be a close game, or worse. I expect us to win, but I ain't ****y about it.

Now you talkin' crazy. I know you don't literally think Jville has already lost, but when you start writing like Dan Shaugnessy you should reconsider your thinking. This could be a close game, or worse. I expect us to win, but I ain't ****y about it.
I’m more confident about this game than almost any other one we have played all season.

Yes, they already lost was an exaggeration and the 17 browns could beat the 85 bears on the perfect day but I see almost zero chance Jacksonville comes in here and beats the patriots. Let’s say about 2-3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back