PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is that outrage and deep disappointment aside, demonstrably incompetent Tomlin continues to be untouchable.
I love all the 'but look at his record!' rejoinders.
Fine, if you like his record and are OK with being bounced out after a playoff game or so.
I thought the goal was to contend for or win the Super Bowl?

Seems the blind squirrel Terry Bradshaw found the acorn: Tomlin is a great cheerleader, not a great coach:

I love all the 'but look at his record!' rejoinders.
Fine, if you like his record and are OK with being bounced out after a playoff game or so.
I thought the goal was to contend for or win the Super Bowl?

Seems the blind squirrel Terry Bradshaw found the acorn: Tomlin is a great cheerleader, not a great coach:

Yep. TB12 v1.0 is no fan of Tomlin.

It's kind of funny to see Mike Triplin clamming up now when he's being asked questions. Too late Mikey.

I wonder if he and Tony Dungheap are yukking it up about the Pats now. Probably not.

Steelers fans have the Rooney Rule to thank for having that Tomlin asshat as their head coach. Tomlin and his culture would have been long gone had he been a white coach. But by all means, please keep him coaching that **** organization.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

I'm curious why two of you, @PatsGirl2011 and @Bill Lee , disliked this post. I think it's worth discussing.

I'm curious why two of you, @PatsGirl2011 and @Bill Lee , disliked this post. I think it's worth discussing.
Being black didn't save lots of other coaches jobs and it's not saving Tomlin's job. PIT was loyal to Cowher too long as well and he's white. Tomlin is an average to good coach coaching a team with great talent. The reason I think he should be gone is that the player talent level deserves a better coach. Of course I'm glad PIT doesn't realize this. The PIT organization has a certain kind of blind loyalty that prevents them from honestly evaluating their organization. And of course great coaches don't grow on trees. It just seems PIT doesn't want to face the fact that they need a better coaching staff if they want to get this talented core a shot at a SB win.

It's kind of funny to see Mike Triplin clamming up now when he's being asked questions. Too late Mikey.

I wonder if he and Tony Dungheap are yukking it up about the Pats now. Probably not.
Dungheap.....LMAO

I'm using that one...

Being black didn't save lots of other coaches jobs and it's not saving Tomlin's job. Tomlin is an average to good coach coaching a team with great talent. The reason I think he should be gone is that the player talent level deserves a better coach. Of course I'm glad PIT doesn't realize this. The PIT organization has a certain kind of blind loyalty that prevents them from honestly evaluating their organization.

Yea I don't think the color of his skin is saving his job either. The Steelers just have faith in the guy and they like stability.

Why they do is a different question.

Yea I don't think the color of his skin is saving his job either. The Steelers just have faith in the guy and they like stability.

Why they do is a different question.
Agree. IMHO the Rooneys seem to let loyalty get in the way of taking a good hard look at what they should be doing next.

PS: I added a few things to my post after you quoted it. I tend to do that. You would think the preview function is good enough, but for some reason I almost always look at it in the main thread and then want to change it. Strange, eh?

Agree. IMHO the Rooneys seem to let loyalty get in the way of taking a good hard look at what they should be doing next.

Agree.

PS: I added a few things to my post after you quoted it. I tend to do that. You would think the preview function is good enough, but for some reason I almost always look at it in the main thread and then want to change it. Strange, eh?

Yea I do the same thing.

Being black didn't save lots of other coaches jobs and it's not saving Tomlin's job. PIT was loyal to Cowher too long as well and he's white. Tomlin is an average to good coach coaching a team with great talent. The reason I think he should be gone is that the player talent level deserves a better coach. Of course I'm glad PIT doesn't realize this. The PIT organization has a certain kind of blind loyalty that prevents them from honestly evaluating their organization. And of course great coaches don't grow on trees. It just seems PIT doesn't want to face the fact that they need a better coaching staff if they want to get this talented core a shot at a SB win.

I haven't followed the coaching moves. I hardly ever do. I was just interested in why you disliked the post. Thanks for the followup.

And now we can get back to laughing at the Steelers, one of the least likable teams in the entire NYFL.

The big problem if you're Pittsburgh is who do you bring in that you know is better if you get rid of Tomlin? I don't disagree with your point in general about needing a better coach for such talent -- just look at the upgrade the 2004 Red Sox had on the 2003 team simply by moving from Grady Little to Terry Francona, and that's baseball where coaching generally has the least impact of all major team sports.

The danger is what someone brought up earlier in the thread -- how the Patriots broke the Chargers 10 years ago, causing them to move on from a similarly good-but-tragically-flawed coach in Marty Schottenheimer and replacing him with Norv freaking Turner. It's the same issue Chiefs fans are currently facing with Andy Reid as their coach. Who can you bring in that you can guarantee will move your organization forward, and not set it back by mistake? Pittsburgh's already won with Tomlin. I can understand why they would think just staying the course would continue to work.

Love the turmoil in Steelers land. My next big hope is to hear that they signed Bell to a 6/90 type contract with tons of guaranteed money. As good as Bell is individually I really think the 1 expensive back model is a big detriment for a team. I love what the Pats do with the committee approach. Much cheaper, mostly insulates the team from injury concerns and the cumulative effect is equal if not better production (Pats RB's out rushed Pitt with a better YPC and had more receiving yards as well)

But their defense has beaten up on a slew of crappy offenses and appears pretty overrated.
The offenses on whom they have beaten-up may or may not be crappy, but the Jags have All-Pro (not just the popularity-contest "pro-bowl") -calibre talent on all 3 levels, inside and outside, and will be By Far the best defense we will have faced all year. They are most certainly not over-rated.

the danger is what someone brought up earlier in the thread -- how the Patriots broke the Chargers 10 years ago, causing them to move on from a similarly good-but-tragically-flawed coach in Marty Schottenheimer and replacing him with Norv freaking Turner. It's the same issue Chiefs fans are currently facing with Andy Reid as their coach. Who can you bring in that you can guarantee will move your organization forward, and not set it back by mistake? Pittsburgh's already won with Tomlin. I can understand why they would think just staying the course would continue to work.

Tomlin succeeded because the Steelers didn't wait until they were in a 3-13 death spiral before moving on from Cowher, to a first time coach in Tomlin. There was no guarantee with Tomlin, but he was put in a position that with a change in philosphy it was possible to win right away without a rebuild.

If I were Rooney2, at the very least I would have a conversation with Mike Vrabel.

The offenses on whom they have beaten-up may or may not be crappy, but the Jags have All-Pro (not just the popularity-contest "pro-bowl") -calibre talent on all 3 levels, inside and outside, and will be By Far the best defense we will have faced all year. They are most certainly not over-rated.
Of course they are overrated, you just overrated them yourself.

All pro caliber on all 3 levels inside and out?
No!
Campbell is all pro caliber, no one else is
No one on the second level is all pro caliber
No one inside on the 3rd level is all pro caliber. Ramsey is, bouye, some may argue, I think he’s a few notches below but it’s an opinion thing.

So that’s not even close to all pros inside and out of every level.

People are geeked over their sack total. I’m not that impressed by a team that plays like a 112 sacks team against the 2 worst ols in the nfk and a 36 sack team against everyone else.

If they were in a different division and didn’t face 3 crap offense in 38% of their games, (throw in the browns and bengals to make it 50%) that defense wouldn’t be considered what people are making it out to be.
It would be considered a good d that got torched for 40+ twice in a month.

By the way the offenses they beat up on are absolutely crappy there is no may or may not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it's offensive to say Tomlin's race is the reason why he still has a job.
Why is that offensive?
We see many crackpot ideas on this board every day. It’s just another one of them. It’s not racist, it’s just the basic level of ignorance we see.

Because it's offensive to say Tomlin's race is the reason why he still has a job.

You should learn what "offensive" is really all about. It's toddler-level naivete to think that race can't possibly play a factor with the team behind the Rooney rule. In fact, Pittsburgh would be foolish not to take it into account during internal discussions, even if only to be prepared for any PR repercussions.

As far as best defense we will face all year BY FAR, you overrated them again.

In reg season plus post season, Atlanta allowed 18.5 ppg vs a schedule that averaged scoring 21.6 (-3.1) abd Jacksonville allowed 17.4 to a schedule that averaged 20.9 (-3.5) and although it’s a small sample size they had 4 common opponents and each allowed exactly 87 points.

So by far is completely wrong.

It’s also wrong to ignore that Jacksonville allowed 0 and 10 to brisset 7 to savage 7 to Yates 7 to Kiser 7 to flacco 7 to dalton and 3 to tyrod and 26.5 per game to everyone else.

Everyone else also includes Blaine gabbaet, Marcus mariotax2 And josh McCown who
Combined to our up 25.5 while going 4-0 against the JAGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes