PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the Pats doing? The other top teams in the AFC have significantly improved themselves, at positions that the Pats have a need at. Chiefs, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, and Dolphins come to mind

is that really the standard you want the Pats to aspire to? Happy to be in contention? What are they now, the Bruins??

Yes. We won three superbowls with that dumb Belichick guy, remember?

Unless you think rolling all the dice on a make or break season then, collapsing and counting on draft classes is the way to go.

Hard to win when you aren't in the playoffs, and most teams that bet the farm on flashy draft picks usually aren't .

can't wait until they run the ultra-slow stretch play on 3rd and 1 that get's stopped for a 3 yard loss 9 times out of 10 with this kid.

(i'm kidding. I don't mind the draft. And i think it's funny you people get pissed)
My thinking was we dont run that stretch play anymore because we have this guy to run a straight dive up the middle successfully.

On Kendrick Ellis
Josh Buchanan tweets
"And there he goes. Ellis to Jets. Big time pick. I can say what the deal was. There was concerns over some legal stuff still pending."

How the hell is Ridley drafted and Taiwan/Jacquizz still available?

What are the Pats doing? The other top teams in the AFC have significantly improved themselves, at positions that the Pats have a need at. Chiefs, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, and Dolphins come to mind
While we have improved our team at positions those teams have needs at.

Meh. Would have liked to see what he could do next to big VW.

Me too. The Jets defensive line got better and we have done nothing so far to improve ours. I'm speechless. Add Dowling, Warren and Bodden and certainly our defense improves. But can't help but be dissapointed with not adding to it.

Didn't we say this last year? Oh, and during free agency weren't people freaking out over Marshall, Boldin, etc? That seemed to work out ok to the tune of 14-2.

Like Solder and Dowling..but that's it

Didn't we say this last year? Oh, and during free agency weren't people freaking out over Marshall, Boldin, etc? That seemed to work out ok to the tune of 14-2.

it's going to be a lot harder to stay at 14-2 once again if we are last on 3rd down again

and knocked out by the jets -- how'd that work out?

BB on NFL-N

"There wasn't a player to draft this year that was comparable to what we could get in the second round next year."

Yeah, I call bull**** on that. That was supposed to be this year. It's just about economics.

hahaha...somebody posted a link and said we need to read it to appreciate mallet..

Compares to: Derek Anderson, Cardinals -- No one questions Mallett's ability to throw a football; he's the most talented pure passer in this draft. But he's tall and lanky and lacks any real mobility. If protected by a strong offensive line, he could turn out to be more like Drew Bledsoe or Joe Flacco

great -- the next derek anderson.

Whoever write that is just stupid. Derek Anderson does not have a strong arm. Stoopid.

How the hell is Ridley drafted and Taiwan/Jacquizz still available?

Vereen is our new explosion back and Ridley apparently is the new power back. Different roles for different types of RBs. I don't think either Taiwan or Jacquizz would do what Vereen can do better.

Yes it is debatable whether we needed to draft 2 RBs. However this signals a change of the guard. Morris, Faulk, and Taylor I think are likely on the way out now. The Pats get really YOUNG on offense. I was actually calling for new RBs more ardently last season before the emergence of BJGE and Woodhead. But apparently BB finally decided this was a serious need to address.

When the Pats couldn't run in the playoffs, their offense became predictably one dimensional. The Pats inability to kill out clock with a lead to finish off games has also haunted them. Strengthening the running game is maybe BB's way of getting back to old school Pats football.

Do we still have some defense needs to address? Yes. But the draft is only part of the offseason. There's still free agency and BB generally prefers veteran LBers vs rookies. This is a historic pattern that should surprise nobody by now.

Last edited:
Me too. The Jets defensive line got better and we have done nothing so far to improve ours. I'm speechless. Add Dowling, Warren and Bodden and certainly our defense improves. But can't help but be dissapointed with not adding to it.

Well compared to last year we have improved when you consider that we have picked up Dowling in the draft and we have Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Ron Brace, Leight Bodden and Brandon McGowan coming back to full health.

Last edited:
For all 8 people whining about not getting a WR, give Price a chance. He looked decent in that Miami game. Sky's the limit for this kid.

Yes. We won three superbowls with that dumb Belichick guy, remember?

Unless you think rolling all the dice on a make or break season then, collapsing and counting on draft classes is the way to go.

Hard to win when you aren't in the playoffs, and most teams that bet the farm on flashy draft picks usually aren't .

That's it? They won 3 Superbowls 6+ years ago so what ever he does in the draft is perfect?? They haven't won a playoff game in three years. BB did an amazing job last year with what I think is a middle of the road team in terms of talent. They had a golden opportunity to add a couple of impact players and they whiffed. All the past wins in the world doesn't change that.

For all 8 people whining about not getting a WR, give Price a chance. He looked decent in that Miami game. Sky's the limit for this kid.

my god, that's not a ton of wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Well compared to last year we have improved when you consider that we have picked up Dowling in the draft and we have Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Ron Brace, Leight Bodden and Brandon McGowan coming back to full health.

Those are the players who you are counting on to make the difference?? When did any of those players count as game changers? The best is Bodden and the Pats thought so much of him they drafted snot her cornerback at he top of he second round.

I find it hard to believe that people are here telling us that 4.6X is slow for a RB, especially a 230 pounder.

That's crazy talk.

4.6X RBs frequently go in the top 10.

That's not a slow time for an inside back. People here are talking like this kid is slow. He's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back