PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets suck (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets have become the media darlings of 2010, which suits me just fine. But it is all based on a 4 game winning streak they had at the end of the season last year. Well let's examine it...

Colts - They would have lost (and probably handily) if Indy actually tried as proven in the AFCCG

Cincy - Sorry, but Cincy just isn't that great not to mention that, like Indy, they weren't trying

Cincy (again) - Like I said, Cincy just isn't that great - but at least this time they were trying

SD - I give credit where it's due. This was an impressive road win over a darn good team. Of course, it doesn't hurt when the opponent can't kick a FG to save their lives. But still SD was one of the hottest teams in the league by January so I will tip my cap to gang green.

Having said that, I refuse to take 1 good win and turn it into next year's Super Bowl Champion.

nice rebuttal, Kontra...but let's get back on track here...the Jets...suck??...not suck? I say they suck...your turn

Quite right. The truth is that, even if they had Tom Brady at quarterback and Wes Welker catching passes, they'd still suck.

The Jets sucked when Herm Edwards coached them. Herm isn't a great football coach but he's a very decent human being. They sucked when they had Mangini -- who isn't. And they suck with Jabba Rex, whom I suspect may not be a human being at all. It's their nature.

======================================================

I rarely wear underwear, when I do, it's ussally something unusual.:)

Great tactic, make us all vomit so we can't laugh :D

SD - I give credit where it's due. This was an impressive road win over a darn good team. Of course, it doesn't hurt when the opponent can't kick a FG to save their lives. But still SD was one of the hottest teams in the league by January so I will tip my cap to gang green.

It's hard 'not' to give the Jets credit, as they did beat a hot team on the road.......but this one was gift wrapped too. If Turner kicks the ball off after the last SD Choker touchdown, the Jets are forced to punt on 4th. Instead with field position in Choker territory the Jets could go for it on 4th and two and ice the game.

In any event it should be fun this year as all the spotlight and the pressure is all of a sudden on the team from New Jersey.

Well first of all, the Pro Bowl has little to do with how good you are and is more or less a popularity contest. Example - Jason Peters made the Pro Bowl in the 2008 season despite allowing 11.5 sacks in 13 starts. Second of all, it's no coincidence that Ferguson's sack totals went down starting in 2008 when Alan Faneca joined the team. In the two years prior to that, Ferguson was extremely underwhelming. The true test for him will be this season. If his sack totals go back up I'm going to laugh. Hard.

Yeah. I've torn ligaments in my ankle and shoulder a couple of times. It's extremely hard to recover from. Especially if you play football. Besides that, though, it's generally agreed by those who have studied medicine that that a compound fracture is easier to come back from than torn ligaments in a spot like football.

Sanchez had to have surgery on his left knee this offseason and had issues with his right knee during his time at USC (and also sprained it this season, I believe). As for Brady, I'm not worried about him. He looked rusty at the beginning of last season but looked better as time went on. He should be even better in 2010. Welker I am worried about. Unlike so many on here, I'm not expecting him to return to 100% this season. But, such is the way things go when your coach makes a terrible decision and elects to play the starters in what was and ended up being a useless game anyway.

It should. The guy has been hurt in his career more than he hasn't. On top of that, he's over 30 and suffered an ACL injury and now has to go out and regularly fight off two blockers at the point of attack with that ACL injury. Add in the weight he has to carry around and I'm not sure why it WOULDN'T worry you.

terrible rebuttal. so d'brick, who's never been to the pro-bowl, got in because he's the most popular? if you ask anyone who's not biased, they will tell you he's one of the top tackles in the league. how many pro-bowl LTs were on the Pats last year? stop hating and just give the guy his due.

secondly, you've studied medicine? if you're a doctor then my apologies. if not, you should know from experience that the recovery time for a torn ligament is significantly less than that of a compound fracture. personally, my diagnoses was 2 months and i'm on track. A compound fracture is significantly worse. there is high risk of infection and complication due to the bone going through the skin. even if everything goes smoothly, it takes 6-8 weeks for the bones to fuse and heal. after that period, the bone is still weak because its newly healed and you have to take it easy. once again, look at Leon. a world class athlete with the best medical care. its been 6 months and he just said he can only run in a straight line. but yeah, you know what you're talking about...

sanchez sprained one knee which he fully recovered from and had minor surgery to stabilize a dislocation in his left knee suffered in college. that means he's been playing with it all this time. it was considered a minor surgery. stop trying to make it seem like his legs are time bombs.

you may go back to being a homer now...

terrible rebuttal. so d'brick, who's never been to the pro-bowl, got in because he's the most popular? if you ask anyone who's not biased, they will tell you he's one of the top tackles in the league. how many pro-bowl LTs were on the Pats last year? stop hating and just give the guy his due.

secondly, you've studied medicine? if you're a doctor then my apologies. if not, you should know from experience that the recovery time for a torn ligament is significantly less than that of a compound fracture. personally, my diagnoses was 2 months and i'm on track. A compound fracture is significantly worse. there is high risk of infection and complication due to the bone going through the skin. even if everything goes smoothly, it takes 6-8 weeks for the bones to fuse and heal. after that period, the bone is still weak because its newly healed and you have to take it easy. once again, look at Leon. a world class athlete with the best medical care. its been 6 months and he just said he can only run in a straight line. but yeah, you know what you're talking about...

sanchez sprained one knee which he fully recovered from and had minor surgery to stabilize a dislocation in his left knee suffered in college. that means he's been playing with it all this time. it was considered a minor surgery. stop trying to make it seem like his legs are time bombs.

you may go back to being a homer now...
Sanchez's legs aren't the time bombs. His decision making is the time bomb.

sanchez sprained one knee which he fully recovered from and had minor surgery to stabilize a dislocation in his left knee suffered in college.

Sanchez suffered a dislocation in his left knee in August 2008, prior to his final season at USC. It was in a brace for his entire rookie season, but he aggravated the injury Nov. 29 against the Panthers.

Read more: New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez set for surgery on left knee

an injury so minor, his knee was in a brace since 2008.

Jeez....Jet fan is a synonym for delusional.

sanchez sprained one knee which he fully recovered from and had minor surgery to stabilize a dislocation in his left knee suffered in college.

Sanchez suffered a dislocation in his left knee in August 2008, prior to his final season at USC. It was in a brace for his entire rookie season, but he aggravated the injury Nov. 29 against the Panthers.

Read more: New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez set for surgery on left knee

an injury so minor, his knee was in a brace since 2008.

Jeez....Jet fan is a synonym for delusional.

an injury that he played with his senior season and rookie year last year missing only 1 game in those 2 years. whatever, if it makes you guys feel better as he's tossing tds on you, then yes, he's knees are gonna explode tomorrow...

Recovery times vary, both for bone breaks and ligament tears. debating them without specifics is a bit difficult, as a result. However, given that ACL tears require complete replacement and can take more than a year for total rehab, you might want to ease off the snark.

whatever, if it makes you guys feel better as he's tossing tds on you,

heh...love that green selective memory...

November 22, 2009, 3:59 pm
Live Analysis: Patriots Beat Jets, 31-14
By THE (omitted) TIMES

Update | 7:22 p.m. And so it ends. There was no need for any fourth-down decisions this week for Bill Belichick. The Patriots were in command from the start, rattling Mark Sanchez and rolling to a 31-14 victory. The Jets (4-6) are simply reeling. It was a horrendous game for Sanchez and his team has lost three in a row and six out of seven. Will there be calls for Kellen Clemens this week?

never seems to go well for Jet fan in these arguments...

Jets message boards are going to be so much fun when they lose the first 2 games of the season.

I can see the thread titles now

Fire Rex
Should we have kept pennington?
Bench Sanchez
Same old jets
Open letter to the front office

Jets message boards are going to be so much fun when they lose the first 2 games of the season.

I can see the thread titles now

Fire Rex
Should we have kept pennington?
Bench Sanchez
Same old jets
Open letter to the front office

On a serious note, it is possible that the Jets start off 0-3.

Baltimore
NE
@Miami

They then go to Buffalo, which should be a win, but then its:

Minnesota
@Denver

Bye

Green Bay

That's not a cake schedule. While unlikely, it's possible that the Jets could be looking at 1-6 after the first 7 games. If that happened, the fan base meltdown would probably be one for the archives.

Last edited:
On a serious note, it is possible that the Jets start off 0-3.

Baltimore
NE
@Miami

They then go to Buffalo, which should be a win, but then its:

Minnesota
@Denver

Bye

Green Bay

That's not a cake schedule. While unlikely, it's possible that the Jets could be looking at 1-6 after the first 7 games. If that happened, the fan base meltdown would probably be one for the archives.

Buffalo made the Jet defense look pitiful in the Meadowlands towards the end of the year. this was before they got their 2 gifts ;) at the end of the regular season.

The sad thing is any direction the Jets season goes this year is going to be headline news because of NY's media domination. If their winning that's all your going to hear about, if their .500 that's all your going to hear about, and (god willing) if their losing that's all you'll hear about, except you'll actually enjoy hearing about the last outcome.

I think its really important that the Jets get off to a strong start, if they were to start 0 and 3 the wheels could come flying off real quick.

And while we're at it...

Mark Sanchez was arrested for raping a girl in college. She NEVER recanted her statement but the D.A. decided not to prosecute because he felt it was too much of a he said/she said case but went on the record to say that, much like Rothlisberger, Sanchez did not prove his innocence. There just wasn't enough evidence to go forward. For some reason, nobody ever mentions this...so Sanchez AND the Jets suck.

Btw, the girl never changed her story and ended up transferring to a different school the following year because she was constantly being harrassed by Sanchez' buddies at SC.

And while we're at it...

Mark Sanchez was arrested for raping a girl in college. She NEVER recanted her statement but the D.A. decided not to prosecute because he felt it was too much of a he said/she said case but went on the record to say that, much like Rothlisberger, Sanchez did not prove his innocence. There just wasn't enough evidence to go forward. For some reason, nobody ever mentions this...so Sanchez AND the Jets suck.

Btw, the girl never changed her story and ended up transferring to a different school the following year because she was constantly being harrassed by Sanchez' buddies at SC.

Is that a true story?

And while we're at it...

I understand as a pats fan its automatically your job to spin any conceived negative on tbhe Jets as a detriment to society but get a couple facts right. How does Sanchez have to prove his innocence in an investigation? You prove your innocence in trials. Shall we pull up Randy Moss squeaky clean track record also?
Prosecutors Will Not Charge USC Quarterback 6/03/06 | abc7.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing