PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets suck (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, was eagerly awaiting the battle cry of Gunnails, our resident Jets fan. Mere words? Very disappointing. :)

He turned up to a barroom brawl with a carnation in his buttonhole and drinking a dry martini. Got to give the man respect. :youtheman:

Just because I'm not ready to declare the Pats a 9-7 team in APRIL does not make me a Kool-Aid drinker. I actually prefer to see who's even going to be on the roster before I make predictions.
You know what happens when you attempt to communicate with a horse's hind end?

1. You present a reasoned statement.
2. The horse responds by opening its bunghole and letting a loose with a major dump of horse poop.

repeat from 1. until you get tired of the horse poop piling up.

Been there, done that, realized the horse has a LOT of poop.

obsession beats depression, NYC....

:) maybe for the those Red Sox fans who can't stomach the Yankee's success.

can't believe you and most of the respondents on this thread now envy the Jets. :bricks:

;)

Last edited:
lol, must be slow day at patsfans.com.

I fully respect the NE patriots and their dominance over the past decade.

that is all, can't wait for some football...

Let's see...

1. Lost their best offensive lineman from last year in Alan Faneca and now D'Bust has to rely on help from a rookie, making the left side of their offensive line wide open to opposing blitzes.

2. Will be without their prized free agent acquisition for the first few games of the season, meaning that he will miss important division games vs. the Pats and @ the Dolphins. It's not far fetched for the Jesters to start the season with an 0-2 mark in the division.

3. Though I personally think that Shonn Greene will pick up where he left off a year ago, they still lost the most dangerous back in the division in Leon Washingon and managed to replace him with Joe McKnight who never impressed me at USC. On top of that, as mentioned, the Jets lost their best run blocker.

4. They still have Mark Sanchez at quarterback.

5. While Holmes and Cotchery are solid, Braylon Edwards is still looking for where his hands disappeared to after the 2007 season. He should be a waste of space again this season on the Jets' WR depth chart.

6. They have lost a good DE in Ellis while Kris Jenkins is another year older and another injury slower.

7. Who is the starting at SS next to Jim Leonhard? Rhodes was extremely overrated but he was better than nothing.

There are seven issues with this Jets team that I can think of off the top of my head. IMO, this team does have talent, but it has just as many issues (if not more) than the rest of the teams in this division. Well, maybe not the Bills. But you get my drift...

1) Faneca was the weak link on the line last year and was a liability in pass protection.
2) Not having Holmes will suck, this is true.
3) Washington wasn't dangerous since 2008 and was bad on kickoffs last year. McKnight is at least fresh legs and didn't have a major injury last year.
4) Hopefully Mark steps it up this year.
5) The threat of Braylon going deep opened up the run game last year and he still does catch the occasional bomb.
6) Ellis is still on the team, Jenkins is healthy.
7) Poole was rated as one of the top safetys last year and if he can stay healthy they should be fine.

The team has issues but you are making up a few of your own.

One last thing, here's hoping that Rex can't handle starving himself anymore and after one of his humiliating losses at home to a division rival he starts a feeding binge that begins with eating Fireman Ed.:D

article-0-05CEDCE2000005DC-538_468x361.jpg

ctpatsfan77 said:
Someone on ESPN radio in New York said that the JEST's offseason could make them SB contenders. . . . or it could blow up in Rex Ryan's face.

Needless to say, I think I know which possibility most of us are rooting for. :)

Boom goes the dynamite............

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1) Faneca was the weak link on the line last year and was a liability in pass protection.

As a Jets fan, surely you had to have seen how he was blocking his own man as well as picking up D'Bust's slack as well.

3) Washington wasn't dangerous since 2008 and was bad on kickoffs last year. McKnight is at least fresh legs and didn't have a major injury last year.

Washington was abolutely dangerous with the ball in his hand last year. No suprise that you'd be in denial about that fact after losing him. Also, compound fractures are easier to recover from than ligament tears.

4) Hopefully Mark steps it up this year.

Guy's in his second year and already has two bad knees. For their sake, I hope he doesn't "step it up" too much.

6) Ellis is still on the team, Jenkins is healthy.

Wasn't aware Gholston restructured his contract and Ellis stayed on the team. Regardless, Jenkins is never healthy. It's only a matter of time before his fat ass is limping out of a game again.

7) Poole was rated as one of the top safetys last year and if he can stay healthy they should be fine.

We shall see.

Two words:

alg_jets_fireman_ed.jpg

instead of jumping on some dudes back pumping his fist over basically nothing.... shouldn't this a@@hole be putting out fires?

And I know the Jets haven't done ANYTHING in 40 years.....but is that Ronnie Lotts jersey this clown wears???

Last edited:
As a Jets fan, surely you had to have seen how he was blocking his own man as well as picking up D'Bust's slack as well.

Washington was abolutely dangerous with the ball in his hand last year. No suprise that you'd be in denial about that fact after losing him. Also, compound fractures are easier to recover from than ligament tears.

Guy's in his second year and already has two bad knees. For their sake, I hope he doesn't "step it up" too much.

Wasn't aware Gholston restructured his contract and Ellis stayed on the team. Regardless, Jenkins is never healthy. It's only a matter of time before his fat ass is limping out of a game again.

We shall see.

1. D'Bust, as you so put it, was a pro-bowl left tackle last season. I don't know how that qualifies him as a bust. Faneca wasn't picking up any slack for him because he was too worried about his own man as he let up the most sacks for an interior lineman. Clearly the only times you watch the Jets is when they play the Pats.

2. have you had a compound fracture and ligament tear so you may compare the recovery time or did you just go to webmd? I've torn ligaments in my ankle and shoulder and generally speaking the recovery is 6 mos. Leon has been out longer than that and is still not near 100%. However, he was very dangerous before he was hurt and we will miss him.

3. Sanchez had a minor surgery on 1 knee, how does he have 2 bad knees? if you wanna worry about bad wheels, look no further than brady and welker. worry about your own.

4. Jenkins health does worry me...

1. D'Bust, as you so put it, was a pro-bowl left tackle last season. I don't know how that qualifies him as a bust. Faneca wasn't picking up any slack for him because he was too worried about his own man as he let up the most sacks for an interior lineman. Clearly the only times you watch the Jets is when they play the Pats.

Well first of all, the Pro Bowl has little to do with how good you are and is more or less a popularity contest. Example - Jason Peters made the Pro Bowl in the 2008 season despite allowing 11.5 sacks in 13 starts. Second of all, it's no coincidence that Ferguson's sack totals went down starting in 2008 when Alan Faneca joined the team. In the two years prior to that, Ferguson was extremely underwhelming. The true test for him will be this season. If his sack totals go back up I'm going to laugh. Hard.

2. have you had a compound fracture and ligament tear so you may compare the recovery time or did you just go to webmd? I've torn ligaments in my ankle and shoulder and generally speaking the recovery is 6 mos. Leon has been out longer than that and is still not near 100%. However, he was very dangerous before he was hurt and we will miss him.

Yeah. I've torn ligaments in my ankle and shoulder a couple of times. It's extremely hard to recover from. Especially if you play football. Besides that, though, it's generally agreed by those who have studied medicine that that a compound fracture is easier to come back from than torn ligaments in a spot like football.

3. Sanchez had a minor surgery on 1 knee, how does he have 2 bad knees? if you wanna worry about bad wheels, look no further than brady and welker. worry about your own.

Sanchez had to have surgery on his left knee this offseason and had issues with his right knee during his time at USC (and also sprained it this season, I believe). As for Brady, I'm not worried about him. He looked rusty at the beginning of last season but looked better as time went on. He should be even better in 2010. Welker I am worried about. Unlike so many on here, I'm not expecting him to return to 100% this season. But, such is the way things go when your coach makes a terrible decision and elects to play the starters in what was and ended up being a useless game anyway.

4. Jenkins health does worry me...

It should. The guy has been hurt in his career more than he hasn't. On top of that, he's over 30 and suffered an ACL injury and now has to go out and regularly fight off two blockers at the point of attack with that ACL injury. Add in the weight he has to carry around and I'm not sure why it WOULDN'T worry you.

Last edited:
nice rebuttal, Kontra...but let's get back on track here...the Jets...suck??...not suck? I say they suck...your turn

You know.....

I tried to have lunch today with Rex Ryan. We both ordered cheese burger with fries. I barely had one bite out of my burger when I noticed he not only had eaten his burger AND fries but he also ate the plate it was on.... AND WAS ALREADY INTO MY FRIES without asking me.

Needless to say all I had for lunch was that one small bite of that burger... and he made me pay the bill too. Classless jerk I'm telling you.

Oh, and the Jets do indeed suck.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but there are different ways to "suck." The Green Beans don't totally suck on the field; in fact, they look to be sucking less these days performance-wise. Where the Beans TOTALLY suck is as people and an organization, from their owner down to the fan base. They are obnoxious folks pretty much through and through, and some are just twisted (Angry Elf the elderly fireboy, the Gate 4 flash gauntlet, etc.). Jabba Wrecks is a fat, bloviating prick with a serious persecution complex. He brought in low-life "name" players and the front office campaigned to be on HBO's "Hard Knocks" in transparently desperate attempts to boost the team's profile (translation: sell PSLs). The Beans always have been and always will be the New York Giants' dysfunctional little cousin who misbehaves hoping to get noticed.

nice rebuttal, Kontra...but let's get back on track here...the Jets...suck??...not suck? I say they suck...your turn

They suck pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back