PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The importance of winning this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pats are going to win this thing.
I looked into the Vegas line very deeply. They took the game off the board at one point but like a couple hours ago it went back up. All the sources people have on the various networks are not as reliable as these guys. The line is still in pats favor anywhere from-7.5 to -8.5 on different books

Losing in 2011 is an example of blowing an easy road. We had the Tebow Broncos and a 9-7 Giants team with a decent Ravens team stuck between them. Not winning that year was more of a blown opportunity than 2007 tbh. You don't get a smaller ring if the road is easy.

Winning a 6th championship is even more important because we'll be the only franchise to do it with one QB and HC combo. Sure there are other franchises with championships but they haven't done with single HC-QB combo.

That to me beats anything Brady and BB have ever done.

Winning a 6th championship is even more important because we'll be the only franchise to do it with one QB and HC combo. Sure there are other franchises with championships but they haven't done with single HC-QB combo.

I’m thinking these two wind up with 7 rings before sailing off. Number six coming this year.

The variable here is coaching, and when I watch other games notice how piss poor it is across the league.. most coaches do not make the time to prepare for situational football, most coaches deal poorly with clock management, most coaches are not able to keep their players consistently motivated, most coaches and their staff do not develop quarterbacks well...

The Pats have the upper hand in coaching, that is often the difference maker.

The coaching edge we have is rediculously lopsided too. B.B. is the best I’ve ever saw by miles

Losing in 2011 is an example of blowing an easy road. We had the Tebow Broncos and a 9-7 Giants team with a decent Ravens team stuck between them. Not winning that year was more of a blown opportunity than 2007 tbh. You don't get a smaller ring if the road is easy.

The 2011 Patriots had a better record than the Giants. The eye test showed that the Giants were a better team. That D was awful. They were lucky to even be in the big game, thanks to Lee Evans & Cundiff.

To the OP, there's a SB chance as long as TB & BB are here. I've doubted them, and ultimately been proven wrong, on too many occassions to not believe.

Will I be dissapointed if they lose Sunday? Absolutely. But I'll go to bed Sunday night knowing I've been privliged to watching magic and greatness for 17 years. Sometimes, you don't know what you had until it's gone. I am trying to avoid this as much as possible.

What makes Brady the greatest is the following: he's never had a Rice, Craig, Taylor, Lott, and Haley for an extended period of time. There's been no Franco Harris or Emmitt Smith at RB. He's done it with so many different pieces.

Haters like Kellerman and Parker will always exist. Call it a mixed bag of jealousy, hate, or insecurity. We as fans know how great they've been.

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay relaxed this time around.

5 Lombardis. We are playing with house money.

To me, not winning a SB this season would be the equivlant of a parent "only" giving their kids ten extra helpings of ice cream cake instead of twenty. Yes it's all gravy for me. I'll be dissapointed, yet I won't be crushed or anything.

I dunno how I'll feel if it goes south tomorrow, or in the SB, I really don't.

If we think of our emotions as capital, I have no idea of the downside risk LOL.

Now, if we just let it all go, get stupid and fanatic, and all that, I wanna win gimme gimme gimme. Oh I said that already. As the game gets closer I get stupider.

I know here's a plan that will show off my deep football knowledge: I want the Pats to win everything evah all the time. No, I'm not spoiled.

I'm all about more, brotato chip.

We are the only franchise to win 5 with one QB AND/OR one coach.

I think losing both coordinators and brady turning 41 has its advantages. These things are adversity (or at least doubt) to overcome. What this team has always done is when adversity or doubt come in they turn it up a notch.
B.B. will be rejuvenated with new lieutenants to coach up. The closer brady comes to being an injury risk and a guy who realistically could miss a few games a year, the more B.B. knows he needs to win different ways.
At some point brady will be a great qb but no longer a guy who can carry the while team on his back. B.B. will still want to win and will formulate a different means (kind of like the end of elways career).
We may be sitting here in 2020 saying it looks like Brady’s last shot and we are going to have to go on the road for the afccg and maybe play in the wc round, but we gave the horses to do it.

Based on how Brady has looked and what he has said we are likely only looking at 3-5 more chances to win it all before he is done. Hard to imagine many if any situations that would be as well set up as the current one is. (assuming the hand is not a major issue) The Pats clearly have the best offense and a comparable defense to the other 3 teams. They have an extra day rest this week and home field advantage. Great opportunity to hang another banner.

As a fan since about 1975 these truly are the best of times and I realize how fortunate I've been to be able to watch so many important games and to be watching a 7th straight AFC Championship game tomorrow. This dynasty will be revered/dissected /discussed as long as football is played.

I think losing both coordinators and brady turning 41 has its advantages. These things are adversity (or at least doubt) to overcome. What this team has always done is when adversity or doubt come in they turn it up a notch.
B.B. will be rejuvenated with new lieutenants to coach up. The closer brady comes to being an injury risk and a guy who realistically could miss a few games a year, the more B.B. knows he needs to win different ways.
At some point brady will be a great qb but no longer a guy who can carry the while team on his back. B.B. will still want to win and will formulate a different means (kind of like the end of elways career).
We may be sitting here in 2020 saying it looks like Brady’s last shot and we are going to have to go on the road for the afccg and maybe play in the wc round, but we gave the horses to do it.

It will become like that one day. I’ve been thinking seven is the number when this ends. 7 titles and Brady roles out and bill rolls out also. Would be right in line with what you could reasonably expect

The 2011 Patriots had a better record than the Giants. The eye test showed that the Giants were a better team. That D was awful. They were lucky to even be in the big game, thanks to Lee Evans & Cundiff...
The VaGiants were NOT the better team in 2011.
The phony Safety by the zebras on the Pats first play from scrimmage (thanks to a TERRIBLE play-call by Skippy), the recovered fumble by the defense that didn't count (shades of the 1979 Bruins), Brady ignoring an open Edelman on 3rd/short inside the 10 (they settled for a FG) and the Brady-Receiver miscommunication should have, by all rights, made that game a 2-score lead by the time that ShEli threw his Lucky Pass Part 2 to Manningham.
Hell, the VaGiants should not have even made the damn POs if Patrick Chung had not been awful in their regular-season matchup in Foxborough, and if Gronk had caught the late-game TD pass at the one-yard-line, thus giving the Pats the chance to burn some more clock before they punched it in.

And the Pats were NOT lucky to beat the Murderer-Worshippers in the AFCC either. If you can find it, re-watch it. The game really should not have been that close.

Last edited:
It will become like that one day. I’ve been thinking seven is the number when this ends. 7 titles and Brady roles out and bill rolls out also. Would be right in line with what you could reasonably expect
Well assuming we win one this year, I’m thinking 8. One more as the best team in the league, in 18 or 19 then one as a gutty underdog, genius coaching job, brady no longer brady but makes the clutch play against the odds kind of season.

If I get that I would be fine with 30 years of mediocrity following it.
The average team should make the playoffs 3/8 of the time, won the division 1/4, a conf championship 1/8 a Sb 1/16 and win in 1/32.

If the 32 years that follow brady are 12 playoff trips, 8 division wins, get to conf championship 4 times win it twice and win 1 SB between Brady’s last season and about 2052, we are still way way ahead of the games as fans. At least the ones who stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes