PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The importance of winning this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well assuming we win one this year, I’m thinking 8. One more as the best team in the league, in 18 or 19 then one as a gutty underdog, genius coaching job, brady no longer brady but makes the clutch play against the odds kind of season.

If I get that I would be fine with 30 years of mediocrity following it.
The average team should make the playoffs 3/8 of the time, won the division 1/4, a conf championship 1/8 a Sb 1/16 and win in 1/32.

If the 32 years that follow brady are 12 playoff trips, 8 division wins, get to conf championship 4 times win it twice and win 1 SB between Brady’s last season and about 2052, we are still way way ahead of the games as fans. At least the ones who stick around.

I like this because, by that math, we've already gotten 2 lifetimes worth of Super Bowl joy out of this team, which is exactly how it feels to me.

I’ve been thinking seven is the number when this ends.

7 is such a magical number in our culture that it might be biasing your thinking. On the other hand, it might subconsciously also bias any of the participants in the scenario.

Examples, corrected where appropriate for how they will be remembered after the historic Win Number 7:

The Seven Days of the Week
Braday, Braday, Braday, Braday, Braday, Braday, and Braday

Snow White and the Seven GOATs (Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, and Brady).

In the bible, Seven fat cows and seven lean cows, symbolizing the seven-times-seven year SB drought in NY (lean cows) and the seven SB rings (fat cows)

Also from the Bible, "Observe the seventh [ring] and keep it holy"

Any slot machine (which will be corrected for jackpots to display Patriots SB rings)

The Magnificent 7, played respectively by Tom Brady at various ages

When the moon is in the 7th house... whose house? Our house...

7 colors of the rainbow: Silver, Navy, White, Red, Royal Blue, and two more variations from various unis...

And of course,

number-11.jpg

Regarding which, it's a pity that Josh McDaniels wasn't here the whole time, because that brand would be pure gold.

The league was exceedingly weak this year with so many superstar injuries. The league will be much stronger next season making the road to the Super Bowl for the Patriots tougher. Gotta take advantage of the easy opportunities.
it cant be too easy as we will get an asterisk :rolleyes:

Exactly. He already shoved spygate and defamegate up their asses. He's got more rings than any QB in the history of the NFL. It's gravy time. I'm good.
I wrote back after SB51 that we're in gravy time and I still feel this way. That being said, it's real hard not to look at the remaining QBs and think, "They really ought to win this one."

Regards,
Chris

The league was exceedingly weak this year with so many superstar injuries. The league will be much stronger next season making the road to the Super Bowl for the Patriots tougher. Gotta take advantage of the easy opportunities.
Meh. To be fair, we were missing quite a few superstars of our own.

There is a fog of war lingering over the NFL after our last 2 highly emotional Super Bowls. No glamorous story lines, no seething revenge narrative, already won 5. But if you truly understand the nature of how this team operates to achieve success, then you would know nothing would ever be sweeter. Defense peaking, exemplary special teams, methodical offense. It’s time unleash.

^ Unleash hell please. Starting with the Jags first. I am sick of Ramsey's big mouth. Either be humble or get humbled as Alan Branch has said. So lets take care of business

7 is such a magical number in our culture that it might be biasing your thinking. On the other hand, it might subconsciously also bias any of the participants in the scenario.

Examples, corrected where appropriate for how they will be remembered after the historic Win Number 7:

The Seven Days of the Week
Braday, Braday, Braday, Braday, Braday, Braday, and Braday

Snow White and the Seven GOATs (Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, and Brady).

In the bible, Seven fat cows and seven lean cows, symbolizing the seven-times-seven year SB drought in NY (lean cows) and the seven SB rings (fat cows)

Also from the Bible, "Observe the seventh [ring] and keep it holy"

Any slot machine (which will be corrected for jackpots to display Patriots SB rings)

The Magnificent 7, played respectively by Tom Brady at various ages

When the moon is in the 7th house... whose house? Our house...

7 colors of the rainbow: Silver, Navy, White, Red, Royal Blue, and two more variations from various unis...

And of course,

number-11.jpg

Regarding which, it's a pity that Josh McDaniels wasn't here the whole time, because that brand would be pure gold.

One like for that post?????

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who understands your brilliance.

Anyways at least you know I know. Don't let it ruin the rest of your Braday.

Exactly. He already shoved spygate and defamegate up their asses. He's got more rings than any QB in the history of the NFL. It's gravy time. I'm good.

Not quite gravy time for me. I want to make sure no future QB will ever catch up to him the way Brady overtook Montana.

I like this because, by that math, we've already gotten 2 lifetimes worth of Super Bowl joy out of this team, which is exactly how it feels to me.

I enjoyed the first 3 Super Bowls with my friends and my brother and the last two with my friends, my brother and my kids who weren't even born during the first couple. That is two lifetimes.

I guess we miss out on the Terry Bradshaw vs Ben Sloplisburger type arguments though. :D

Hopefully Brady will retire before my future grandson is born so I can have one of those arguments with him.

Not quite gravy time for me. I want to make sure no future QB will ever catch up to him the way Brady overtook Montana.

That's never going to happen. It would require another GOAT QB and GOAT HC combo for that to be a possibility.

I don't mean just the AFCCG but the Super Bowl. I think we are underestimating how important winning this year is.

An odd thing to say after just winning our 5th I know. I think the importance of this year isn't about breaking records but about how much harder it's going to get to win after this year. We will still have Brady/BB I think but the Patriots will take a step back next year in the coaching department.

BB is the best coach but he needs people to help him do the work and can't be everywhere at once. You just don't lose guys like Patricia and McDaniels as well as others and have it have no effect.

A lot of us remember after 2004 that 2005 and 2006 were good years but they just couldn't make it work. Close, but more "in the mix" than "the favorite. It isn't until 2 years ago I felt we FINALLY were as well coached as back then. It was a tall order but we finally found an OC/DC combo worthy of being in the same breath as the duo of Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel.

After they left the Patriots had some good years but weren't able to close the deal. I don't think it's coincidence that the Patriots have 5 wins with a great duo and 0 without. Not to say maybe they shouldn't have won a few of those other years too... but clearly it made it harder.

This will be the last year the Patriots will have a great duo of coordinators in the BB/Brady era. It could be argued going by past history of how important that has been for this franchise this could be their last shot at a SB as "the team that should win."
In 05 and 06 they had injuries and didn't have talent in key areas to go all the way.

With that said you are right. There are only a handful of these runs left with BB and TB12

The pats are going to win this thing.
I looked into the Vegas line very deeply. They took the game off the board at one point but like a couple hours ago it went back up. All the sources people have on the various networks are not as reliable as these guys. The line is still in pats favor anywhere from-7.5 to -8.5 on different books
The point spread and the money line have been getting chipped away all week. Glad your confident about that.

In 05 and 06 they had injuries and didn't have talent in key areas to go all the way.
???
If they didn’t catch norovirus they easily hold on to beat IND and then roll over CHI.

And even with the illness, if one or two plays go the other way they beat IND and then roll over CHI. (Like the phantom DPI).

Yes, more talent would have made it easier, but they had all they needed to win it all in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes