PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The importance of winning this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
that period was filled by miscues, what ifs, complete f...ups and almosts.
Some happened at the top with ownership, some were coaching blunders, some were on field mistakes...and some were out and out robbery/tragedy that no franchise should have to endure.

Those simply do not erase the many huge wins it took to be at the brink of the top...in thirteen seasons (1976-1988) exactly one losing season, the only one in which we were not in playoff contention.
It was difficult being a Pats fan, particularly in an area saturated by Giants, Jets and Dolphins fans..
And with help from local media, I got laughed at and denigrated for being a Pats fan right here. The fact that those and all the other teams in the league suck, made it easier to be a Pats fan. It didn't matter if we lost every game.
in an area where a blackout was more common than the game being on TV.
Not easy or simple to make the trek down Route One, and not the fanciest stadium and amenities...but most of the time, a very good team that won.
You need to give Kraft credit
Kraft bought the team, kept it here, built the new stadium and hired Bill Belichick.
Mr, Kraft walked away from trying to micromanaging this team and gave that power to BB
Kraft was virtually forced to, as he knew the sudden success with Brady would be in jeopardy if he didn't lay off.

Your remembrance of those years prior to BB is much different than mine

There's also the fact that denying Kraft the credit for hiring BB is as stupid as saying the roommate who dragged my dad to the party where he met my mom deserves all the credit for them getting together.

Those simply do not erase the many huge wins it took to be at the brink of the top...in thirteen seasons (1976-1988) exactly one losing season, the only one in which we were not in playoff contention.

And with help from local media, I got laughed at and denigrated for being a Pats fan right here. The fact that those and all the other teams in the league suck, made it easier to be a Pats fan. It didn't matter if we lost every game.

Kraft bought the team, kept it here, built the new stadium and hired Bill Belichick.

Kraft was virtually forced to, as he knew the sudden success with Brady would be in jeopardy if he didn't lay off.

Playoff contention is something the Pats aspire to and fans could accept?? The bar was set quite low during those days... I watched (many times listened to Gil Santos) the same games during the same seasons and most years came away very disappointed...

Kraft knew what he had and backed off, is a good administrative move.. not every owner can do this., setting aside his ego is a good thing.

Cannot comprehend why there seems to be an underlying tone of resentment toward Mr. Kraft, he allowed all of this to happen in an atmosphere that supported this level of excellence.. I know he was really pissed over the Jet filming incident, and could have handled that differently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes