PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's what they have in LaCosse. Watched a lot of his games from last season and he's a decent pass catcher. Good hands and decent speed.

Personally I'd rather have a blocking TE with, hopefully, pass catching upside. I think it's important for the run game and helping out Wynn as he starts his first season on the line.
I've read conflicting reports on his run blocking. Some say hes passable others say he sucks.

I've read conflicting reports on his run blocking. Some say hes passable others say he sucks.

I think that it is it reasonable that he is competing for our #3 TE position; and yes, for me, that is the pass-catching TE, who may or not be a top blocker.

LaCosse is basically a poor man's Kelce imo, but definitely a decent pass catcher from what I've seen. His blocking is subpar but maybe with a little Scar input it'll improve.

I think that it is it reasonable that he is competing for our #3 TE position; and yes, for me, that is the pass-catching TE, who may or not be a top blocker.
who? Izzo or LaCosse?

who? Izzo or LaCosse?

LeCosse is in competition for the #3, pass catching TE. He competes with Hollister.

Izzo is the blocking TE, the TE that is always active, and has a very minor role in the pass offense, certainly no more than the #8-#10 target for Brady after 4-5 WR's, 2-3 RB's and the #1 TE.

IMO, if everyone is healthy, the #3 TE won't even be active, unless he is active as a special teamer.

The problem with Allan was NOT his lacking of receptions as the #8 target. He was an excellent blocker and a good #2 TE. His problem was that Belichick didn't think his role was worth $5M a year. I suppose that if he a receiving threat he could have been worth the money.

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers move up, Chargers trade out for Josh Rosen, Bucs nab Round 1 pick in Gerald McCoy deal

Has us trading 32 for Gerald McCoy and 39

That’s a home run we could still get a TE like Smith at 39

Nice
I like the McCoy part but you would have to chat with him to extend him. He's only 31. The

Bucs are in CAP hell. I am sure he would be reasonable to play for a ring. The only definite maybe I see is they are still negotiating with Alan Bailey.Ironically Bailey is only one year younger.

I could see a Edge guy at #32, but he will trade down to get one. I am thinking JAX at #38 and #98 (658) to the Patriots for #32 (590). Now we have three second rounders and 4 third rounders.

2nd Round
At #38 Patriots select DT Jeffrey Simmons Mississippi State
At #56 Patriots select: TRADE with AZ + 6th Round #205 for QB Josh Rosen
At #64 Patriots select:TE Jace Sternberger Texas A&M

3rd Round
At #73 Patriots: TRADE with Chicago + 7th Round #252 for TE Adam Shaheen (Bears have only 5 Draft picks. Gamble that Shaheen will be a better pro with TB as QB)
At #97 Patriots: TRADE with Tampa Bay for DT Gerald McCoy (extend please)
At #98 Patriots select: WR Debo Samuel South Carolina
At #101 Patriots select: Edge Anthony Nelson Iowa

4th Round

At #134 Patriots: TRADE with Cleveland for WR Rishard Higgins and Cleveland pick #144 5th Round (no brainer)

5th Round
At #144 Patriots select: LB Drue Tranquil ND

7th Round
At #239 Patriots TRADE with AZ for picks #248 + #249 in 7th Round
At #243 Patriots select: OLB Andrew Van Ginkel Wisconsin
At #246 Patriots select: WR Hunter Renfrow Clemson
At #248 Patriots select: OT Trey Pipkins Sioux Falls
At #249 Patriots select: S Andrew Wingard Wyoming

Just a fun "food for thought" mock Draft with Trades
DW Toys

Last edited:
I sure hope he'll be TE3....

Nice
I like the McCoy part but you would have to chat with him to extend him. He's only 31. The

Bucs are in CAP hell. I am sure he would be reasonable to play for a ring. The only definite maybe I see is they are still negotiating with Alan Bailey.Ironically Bailey is only one year younger.

I could see a Edge guy at #32, but he will trade down to get one. I am thinking JAX at #38 and #98 (658) to the Patriots for #32 (590). Now we have three second rounders and 4 third rounders.

2nd Round
At #38 Patriots select DT Jeffrey Simmons Mississippi State
At #56 Patriots select: TRADE with AZ + 6th Round #205 for QB Josh Rosen
At #64 Patriots select:TE Jace Sternberger Texas A&M

3rd Round
At #73 Patriots: TRADE with Chicago + 7th Round #252 for TE Alan Shaheen (Bears have only 5 Draft picks. Gamble that Shaheen will be a better pro with TB as QB)
At #97 Patriots: TRADE with Tampa Bay for DT Gerald McCoy
At #98 Patriots select:WR Debo Samuel South Carolina

4th Round

At #134 Patriots: Trade with Cleveland for WR Rishard Higgins and Cleveland pick #144 5th Round

5th Round
At #144 Patriots select: LB Drue Tranquil ND

7th Round
At #239 Patriots select: Edge Matt Nelson Iowa
At #243 Patriots select: OT Trey Pipkins Sioux Falls
At #246 Patriots select: S Andrew Wingard Wyoming

OT and S need to be picked earlier

Did we ever replace Vrabel at LB Eligible?

I sure hope he'll be TE3....
He’ll be the TE3, at best, at least in my opinion. I haven’t really checked out the contract details, but a lot of these early season no-name signings never pan out to anything more than camp competition.

Pretty sure some here had Matt Tobin penciled in as our starting LT around this time, last year.

He’ll be the TE3, at best, at least in my opinion. I haven’t really checked out the contract details, but a lot of these early season no-name signings never pan out to anything more than camp competition.

Pretty sure some here had Matt Tobin penciled in as our starting LT around this time, last year.
I just don't want him to be TE1

I just don't him to be TE1
They’d really have to ignore the position for that to happen.

While I am surprised that they didn’t wait a little while before moving on Allen, and the fact that they didn’t really address it in free agency, I do think we’ll see a couple of draft choices at the end of the month, and that they’ll be incorporated rather quickly.

They’d really have to ignore the position for that to happen.

While I am surprised that they didn’t wait a little while before moving on Allen, and the fact that they didn’t really address it in free agency, I do think we’ll see a couple of draft choices at the end of the month, and that they’ll be incorporated rather quickly.
I'm not surprised with Allen. Zero value in the passing game.

Thought this might be of interest:
Seahawks forced to be “selective,” want to add picks
Schneider said he’d like to add picks if possible, making a trade-down a possibility.

“It’s safe to say [the team will look to trade down],” he said. “But it’s a darn good draft, so I could see a very good player being there for us at 21. . . .

“You have to find a partner, you have to negotiate within a specific amount of time. So it’s not like an easy thing just to move back. So yeah, we’d like to pick more than four times. It’s just how you do it. It’s going to be a challenge this year because like I said, the depth [of the draft] the way we see it is pretty good.”
In 2002 the Pats traded up from 32 to 21 to select Daniel Graham, and it cost #96 and a 7th rounder. Sounds like there could be a willing trade partner in Seattle if the draft falls the right way.

WR and TE are the only major needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back