PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bills are who we thought they were

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
That Bills bandwagon crashed hard today. We could even hear it in Toronto.

I think the Bills are building up a good franchise. I think Beane and McDermott are doing the right things and focusing on the culture of the program. But they should never have been considered a viable playoff contender this season.

I think they will be a tough out, and they're building something solid for the future unless the Pegulas **** it up again (and you can't rule that out). But first they need to figure out how to not get blown out by lowly franchises like the Jets before they even start thinking about playoffs.

I watched the whole game (only NFL game available at 1 pm in Toronto) and the Bills got their asses handed to them in every phase of the game. Their QB Tyrod Taylor threw for 56 yards before he was benched. The middle of their D line had a horrible game. They trade Darius to Jax and did not replace him with anyone.
Pats should be able to run it on the Buffalo D, which should nicely set up play action.
Buffalo laid a real stinker in their home stadium and now face the Rams and Chiefs. They should be under .500 in two weeks. I LOVE IT!!!

This can’t be. I was told in the Week 3 game thread that they were the most complete team in the East.

I called this when they were 5-2.
People were still saying this week 10 wind would be cake for them so they are NOT what a lot of “we” thought they were.

This can’t be. I was told in the Week 3 game thread that they were the most complete team in the East.

At the time they were. But I guess that's why you play 16 games.

I think the Bills are going to make the playoffs but its mostly because of how bad the AFC is right now. That 6th seed might be a 9-7 team

The Bills simply waste talent. Look at the Rams. They are a prolific offense now that they took both of the Bills starting receivers in Watkins and Woods. They didn't know what they had in Hogan etc. They have been putting together talented roster since 2008 imo and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Trading Darues smh.

I love it. I hope our divisional rivals never get their act together but I do somewhat pity the Bills. C'mon, no fan base should have to suffer 4 super bowl losses like that. That is probably why the current Bills are afraid of success lol.

I called this when they were 5-2.
People were still saying this week 10 wind would be cake for them so they are NOT what a lot of “we” thought they were.

Andy you've called a lot of good stuff lately.

Except for the Malcolm Butler thing you've been pretty much on the money. :D

That's two November games in a row the Bills have been throttled, embarrassed. You want to be considered playoff caliber (for a team not in the playoffs in over a decade) then this can't happen.
However, there is a positive the Bills can walk away with. This week they got throttled by a much better team. This suggests their next game against a bad team could be a more competitive loss :)...

At the time they were. But I guess that's why you play 16 games.
No, they weren’t. They were never the most complete team in the East. They were simply playing above their talent level.

Andy you've called a lot of good stuff lately.

Except for the Malcolm Butler thing you've been pretty much on the money. :D
Sorry for being honest about butlers play last night. I know that’s frowned upon.

I think the Bills are going to make the playoffs but its mostly because of how bad the AFC is right now. That 6th seed might be a 9-7 team
9-7 will be a chore for a team that will be 5-7 in 3 weeks.

their fan forum is imploding today. They want Peterman to replace Taylor at QB.
They are calling Tyrod a running back who takes snaps from centre. LOL

They are calling Tyrod a running back who takes snaps from centre. LOL

Comforting to know they are dealing with the same kind of genius we have around here.

@Kdo5 are they still making the playoffs?
They were playing well at the time under a new coach and system which were working decently. So no. And you presented zero arguments for why the Bills still sucked at the time. You could have argued that Tyrod Taylor is simply too inconsistent and incapable of carrying his team to victories. You could have said that the Bills fire sale of talent would backfire eventually. If you had then maybe I would lend you a bit of credit for 'calling it'.

You weren't doing that, merely trolling like a little prick.

Comforting to know they are dealing with the same kind of genius we have around here.

well, to be fair, I don't think much of Tyrod either, yeah sure he can scramble but ....

One play from the Jets game sums him up. He notices Jets have 12 men on the field, so he pulls the Rogers (or Brady), and calls for the snap. Now bear in mind it's a free play. So what does he do, instead of throwing it deep, or forcing it into coverage (who cares if it gets picked), he throws it 20 yards out of bounds. He is scared ****less to throw into tight coverage.

They were playing well at the time under a new coach and system which were working decently. So no.

Glad to see you've finally come to your senses, champ. I was worried about you.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back