Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

2018-2019

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
13-3 (14-2 was tempting) for no reason other than Tom Brady is being told he's too old and the cliff is here.

13-3

Houston W
@ Jacksonville W
@ Detroit L
Miami W
Indianapolis W
Kansas City L
@ Chicago W
@ Buffalo W
Green Bay W (But somehow people will act like they won because Rodgers will make a few flashy plays)
@ Tennessee W
@ New Jersey W
Minnesota L
@ Miami W
@ Pittsburgh W
Buffalo W
New Jersey W

That 4th WR that we never use is missing for 4 weeks

Don't have any idea why because of the system the Patriots run don't usually have this happen (Jonas Gray aside) but the 4th receiver (Patterson) who will be elevated to 2 or 3 going off in weeks 1 and 2 just seems eminently plausible to me.

Last edited:
I voted 12-4 because on paper this is not the strongest team of the BB era, but it’s not the weakest either. On top of that the way the first four weeks without Eldeman and the extended preaseason makes it very difficult to have confidence they will come out of the gate firing. 5 tough playoff caliber games in Hou, Jax, Titans, Pitt, and GB. I think 3-2 in those is a solid season and a good indication they will do well in the tourney. Division games are tough every year even when the rest of the division is garbage. The 2004 team had ZERO business losing to that **** dolphin team and yet they put up a stinker. Happens like clock work almost every year so I pencil in at least one division loss though two would not shock me. Then the patriots are human and occasionally just have a ****ty day losing to a team they shouldn’t, Cleveland 2013 comes to mind, so there is the fourth loss. Anywhere from 11-5 to 13-3 wouldn’t surprise me, maybe Rodgers gets hurt and the packers are paper tigers, maybe Matt Patricia’s intimate knowledge of the pats leads to an upset. It’s football and not knowing is why we watch. Let the games begin.

Don't have any idea why because of the system the Patriots run don't usually have this happen (Jonas Gray aside) but the 4th receiver (Patterson) going off in weeks 1 and 2 just seems eminently plausible to me.
He is wr2 or WR3 for the first 4 games, but your point is taken.

11-5 (2-2 without Edelman)
AFCE winners
#3 seed
Wins Wild Card round vs Murderer-Worshippers; R-r-revenge! (kind of)
Wins Divisional round @ Sh!tsdirt
Loses AFCC @ Jacksonville

Last edited:
Start 2-2 (W,L,W,L) ... Media goes nuts "Brady is done" "No Jules, no win" "Gronk is too busy riding motocross" ... Loss to Pitt (they get up early and match scores after that) ... loss @ Jets because the game doesn't matter

#2 Seed, AFCC @ Pitt - big win. Meet Minny in the SB. Finally score in the 1st quarter and win (like they should have several times already) by 10+

10-6.

Belichick sweeps proteges 27-17 vs the Texans, 31-21 vs Lions, 24-23 vs the Titans.

5-1 in the Division

3-1 against NFC Central (L to Vikings)

Patriots lose to Jaguars 21-17, ESPN says the players don't like their coach, Guerrero is banned from the locker room, Belichick says "We're on to Detroit."

Edelman scores five TDs against Colts, the balls are over-inflated, Ted Wells gets work from Goodell, Patriots are called cheaters, Yada Yada Yada. Patriots circle the wagons.

Brady lights up highest paid QB in the NFL ( Rodgers)

Steelers find a way to lose at home.

13-3

Patriots squeak out win over KC in Divisional round, Patriots trounce Ravens in AFCC - Ray Lewis kills a guy on the NFLN set, Patriots beat NY Giants 41-10 in Super Bowl - another Manning retires.

That 4th WR that we never use is missing for 4 weeks. Cancel the season.
Edelman Hogan Mitchell and DA in 2016 is an example of having 4 WRs on the roster being useful.

They'll get by with Hogs, Dorsett and Patterson until Jules returns but to say they never use/need a WR4 is not accurate.

I'm going with 11-5. With no significant injuries and the new players all succeeding, they get 13-3. But I can't be that optimistic.

That WR4 is completely meaningless until either or both of your top 2 targets with injury history go down for the season.

The uncertainty on offense probably revolves around depth, not the perfect world scenario of none of our top players getting injured

That WR4 is completely meaningless until either or both of your top 2 targets with injury history go down for the season.

The uncertainty on offense probably revolves around depth, not the perfect world scenario of none of our top players getting injured
Are we grading all teams by what they will be if their best players get injured?

Edelman Hogan Mitchell and DA in 2016 is an example of having 4 WRs on the roster being useful.

They'll get by with Hogs, Dorsett and Patterson until Jules returns but to say they never use/need a WR4 is not accurate.
2016 was sort of an exception. Even in 2016 Amendola and Mitchell pretty much shared the WR3 role. We wouldn’t have been screwed with my one or the other as we saw last year when Amendola basically replaced both of them.
Perhaps never use was a slight exaggeration but we have never needed to have 4, which we will have in 4 weeks anyway.

Are we grading all teams by what they will be if their best players get injured?
Me? No cause I don't know **** about any other teams. I'm just saying, I get the uncertainty. We've had depth before offensively, I think we're a little thinner this year than we have been since 2013. Not just at WR but at OT too with Cannon's injury history and Wynn being out for the year

It’s not that. It’s the wr position being thin with quality. If this team loses any of edelman, hogan, or gronk they would have some problems. After them they don’t have much. Dorsett is inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore