Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

2018-2019

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be lots of Cliffies out there. Many prediction for the patriots to be the worst team that have fielded in 9 years.

images

Live look at the future from the GDT All Stars after the first incomplete pass sunday.

FMIA: On The Mack Mistake And Why Super Bowl 53 Will Be Rams-Patriots

As for New England: Man, the receiver position is an abject disaster. How they’ll beat defensively stout Houston and Jacksonville in the first two weeks with Chris Hogan and Phillip Dorsett as the lone vet receivers on the roster is beyond me. (More about that in a moment.) But this comes down to my faith that the Patriots—who got embarrassed to open the season a year ago this week—will, as usual, figure out their weaknesses and act on them. Bill Belichick always does. Tom Brady always does.

You might think of this as a lazy pick because I don’t see the future. You might say if Doug Marrone hadn’t lost his nerve inside of two minutes in the AFC Championship Game last January against a beatable Patriots team I wouldn’t be picking them now. Maybe. But this pick comes down to the fact I’ve got more questions about every other contender in the AFC than I do about the Patriots.

FMIA: On The Mack Mistake And Why Super Bowl 53 Will Be Rams-Patriots

As for New England: Man, the receiver position is an abject disaster. How they’ll beat defensively stout Houston and Jacksonville in the first two weeks with Chris Hogan and Phillip Dorsett as the lone vet receivers on the roster is beyond me. (More about that in a moment.) But this comes down to my faith that the Patriots—who got embarrassed to open the season a year ago this week—will, as usual, figure out their weaknesses and act on them. Bill Belichick always does. Tom Brady always does.

You might think of this as a lazy pick because I don’t see the future. You might say if Doug Marrone hadn’t lost his nerve inside of two minutes in the AFC Championship Game last January against a beatable Patriots team I wouldn’t be picking them now. Maybe. But this pick comes down to the fact I’ve got more questions about every other contender in the AFC than I do about the Patriots.
I read that too. I think the only people that don’t think the Pats have issues at WR are some people on this board.

Pats start 2-2 and everyone here panics. Media says the cliff is finally here, as Brady's numbers are, in fact, down, largely due to the WR issue and a defense that hasn't gotten itself together yet.

But they settle in, as they always do, and go on a tear. Finish 12-4, secure a top-2 seed in the AFC, and reach the AFCCG at a minimum.

I haven’t seen anything less than 10-6 this year. How is that a “cliffie”? To think there are no concerns is pretty bizarre.
10-6 is the cliff when you have been no worse than 12-4 for 8 years.

i'm thinking 12-4 so i went with 12-4 so i can be wrong and undersell them a little

10-6.

I think we struggle out the gate, but manage to win our division and get a home game on wild card weekend.

10-6.

I think we struggle out the gate, but manage to win our division and get a home game on wild card weekend.
So you have them at a 3 seed at best?

As much as I think they could struggle, I have a hard imagining what teams will do better.

So you have them at a 3 seed at best?

As much as I think they could struggle, I have a hard imagining what teams will do better.

Yeah, it is hard to imagine. Just not feeling it this year....but a caveat...I feel the same way every year....

No worse than 12-4. Need to see how the OL plays against the Texans.

11-5 and a shot at a bye week. GOAT coach and QB will overcome the talent deficiencies in the front 7 and WR group. If Gronk or Hightower goes down, the team is screwed on that player's side of the ball.

It's a really good starting unit on paper but the depth is worse than usual at most positions (except CB, receiving back and rotational DE). I expect a lot of inconsistency in moving the ball in the first 4 games (tough schedule, no Edelman) and once injuries inevitably hit. The D could go either way. Will badly struggle on 3rd down against fast RB and TE, not really buying Danny Shelton quite yet given how mediocre he looked last year and the inconsistency in camp.

If they stay unusually healthy (Gronk, Hightower, OL, Gilmore, and obviously Brady) and Edelman is in 2016 form, the Pats should be a top 2 seed and AFC Super Bowl favorite. However, I just don't trust the health of their best non-Brady's and I think age is going to catch up to Edelman more than many are expecting. Easy to see the team moving the ball well at times and then having multiple ugly games like the Miami one last year.

The uncertainty on offense in the 4 games to start and likely people still don’t believe the defense has improved. I expect the run defense to be much better than last year.

What uncertainty on offense ? Seriously what the hell are people smoking ?

Pats have their flaws, but who doesn’t?

The Steelers have been skull F’d by Brady in almost every meaningful game. They also have a QB who doesn’t take care of his body, is mentally fragile, and has teetered with the idea of retirement because of his self doubt. They also have a RB who is holding out and merely focused on his big payday, and his camp has already stated this should be his last year in Pittsburgh.

The Jaguars still have Blake F’ing Bortles.

Things aren’t perfect, but there are no perfect teams. There is however only one team with Brady and Bill at the helm.

W - Week 1 Houston Texans (Home)
L - Week 2 at Jacksonville Jaguars
W - Week 3 at Detroit Lions
W - Week 4 Miami Dolphins (Home)
W - Week 5 Indianapolis Colts (Home)
W - Week 6 Kansas City Chiefs (Home)
W - Week 7 at Chicago Bears
W - Week 8 at Buffalo Bills
W - Week 9 Green Bay Packers (Home)
L - Week 10 at Tennessee Titans
Week 11 Bye
W - Week 12 at New York Jets
W - Week 13 Minnesota Vikings (Home)
L - Week 14 at Miami Dolphins
W - Week 15 at Pittsburgh Steelers
W - Week 16 Buffalo Bills (Home)
W - Week 17 New York Jets (Home)

I've got 13-3, though I'm tempted to call the Bears game a loss because it has "quintessential head-scratcher" loss written all over it, but I'll go homer and say the Pats don't have one of those this season.

AFC Wild Card
Titans def. Jaguars
Texans def. Chargers

NFC Wild Card
Saints def. Eagles
Vikings def. 49ers

AFC Divisional
Pats def. Titans
Texans def. Steelers

NFC Divisional
Rams def. Saints
Falcons def. Vikings

AFC Championship
Pats def. Texans

NFC Championship
Rams def. Falcons

Super Bowl
Pats def. Rams

Yeah, I went homer. So sue me.

12-4 first seed. I think we will be fine but the team does have a few questions so ill go with the ‘conservative ‘ pick.

First 4 games with hogan/dorsett/Patterson your wr corps. Not good but with a healthy gronk and james white we shall suffice.

Cb is a little shaky but alot of promise as well. Luckily the safety position looks strong again.

The front seven was a weakness last year and we haven’t made ginormous additions but a few nice ones + some injured guys returning. if they pan out , a stronger front 7 means more to us than the downgrade at Wr/cb.

All in all its a solid team possibly a great team. Not the kind of roster like 2007 or 2017 pre Edelman and ht injuries where you’re thinking 14-2 right off the bat but definitely potential to be 14-2.

Just realized, the only nfcn team brady has ever lost to is the packers. Undefeated against the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back