PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2020 Super Bowl pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Chiefs open as 3.5 favorites. Super Bowl 55's matchup of Chiefs and Buccaneers now set, 32 things we learned from championship games

Excellent, excellent. Keep not believing in Tom Brady.

tenor.gif

If I have learned anything about football in the last 20 years, it's to not bet against Thomas Brady. My Brain tells me Mahomes and his cast is better than Brady and his. Ried is a better coach. KC has rolled all year. Hill is unbelievable. Kelce is Gronk 6 years ago. All the tangibles say KC.

Brady finds a way.

If I have learned anything about football in the last 20 years, it's to not bet against Thomas Brady. My Brain tells me Mahomes and his cast is better than Brady and his. Ried is a better coach. KC has rolled all year. Hill is unbelievable. Kelce is Gronk 6 years ago. All the tangibles say KC.

Brady finds a way.

Yep, Hill and Kelce over Godwin and Evans every day and twice on Sunday.

Tyreek Hill put up 269 yards and 3 touchdowns in the meeting earlier in the season, they will surely do better than that but they're beat up in the secondary and he's a nightmare matchup.

Yep, Hill and Kelce over Godwin and Evans every day and twice on Sunday.

Tyreek Hill put up 269 yards and 3 touchdowns in the meeting earlier in the season, they will surely do better than that but they're beat up in the secondary and he's a nightmare matchup.
TB secondary has 2 weeks to get healthy. Hill is a unique player. He's a very fast man among fast men. It's crazy how he makes them look slow. I have zero faith in Arians to stop Hill, which will put more pressure on Brady to keep up. If he has another 3 pick game, they lose. He won't have another three pick game.

Brady will find a way.
ocean biology GIF

TB is going to have to play better than he did against the Packers. I really hate the Chiefs, but it's going to be a tall task to ask the Bucs to win that game. Going to need to generate a huge pass rush with 4 rushers and not let Hill get big chunks of yardage.

I really just don't trust Arien and Bowles to come up with a game plan good enough to beat the Chiefs.

While Brady isn't blameless for those three picks why the F are you calling plays to chuck it up 18? And Evans is a complete dog. Physical freak with no brain or balls. They have to stop forcing it to him.

I will give credit on the play call that allowed them to run out the clock and not punt. The Bucs hadn't shown anything like that all day and were obviously saving it. Also kudos to Godwin for having a monster day. I was doubting his toughness like I am Evans.

I like that Tampa was left for dead at 7-5 and things looked bleak against the Saints (down 20-13 late in 3rd quarter and Saints driving) and they should have, by all means lost with Brady throwing 3 INTs in crunch time yesterday.

The team must have an overwhelming sense of resiliency and confidence.

Mahomes is so goddamned good though.

I think this game comes down what seems obvious with Eric Fisher’s injury: can Tampa‘s pass rush cause major havoc on Mahomes? He is great at adapting and avoiding sacks, but his offensive line is really in shambles.

I dunno. My brain says KC. I thought the Bills had a fair chance to upset them . The eye test of yesterday's game says what was I thinking? Bills were manhandled. Then again though I wanted the Bucs yesterday I thought it wasn't to be. I like being wrong I guess. Go Tom.

Barrett and JPP have to wreck the backup tackles then. Vea was so huge yesterday. Barrett and JPP combined for 5 sacks just with his presence after not doing that much most of the year

Yeah vea is great. Bucs better lock him up long term. He’s almost like a Wilfork. He’s a lot to handle on the inside. He clearly was the difference maker yesterday. This Bucs defense is just different when he plays.

I just cannot see Brady choking.

He was absolutely devastated when the Pats lost to the Eagles. Brady is 60 minutes away from achieving his goal on a journey that began when he walked off the field in Foxborough, Massachusetts more than 12 months ago. I know that he will keep playing even if he wins the 7th. He admitting knows that his NFL days are numbered and this is probably his last Super Bowl.

KC should absolutely be the favorites.

They are the better team. They have the better QB. They have the better coaches. They have two guys the Bucs likely won't be able to stop.

Everything is against the Bucs... and that's usually when TB12 shocks the World and wins anyway.

So I am picking the Bucs even though it makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots