PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2020 Super Bowl pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means the Bucs will have played against a backup left tackle in three of their four playoff games.

Even in that first game when they where healthy the Bucs got pressure on mahomes. The Bucs started that game by spotting them 17 early points. A nice start would help them. Also their offense at that time was not clicking. They will score KC. It’s just a matter of containing hill. Doubt Hill goes for 200 again.

We will see. For some reason I have the feeling the Bucs will win. i haven't looked at the game at all but here are the first thoughts with popped into my mind

1 - No Eric Fisher against that outside pass rush is deadly.
2 - The Bucs ability to stop the run is real and will be a factor. While I don't value the run much, it isn't entirely not valuable.
3 - Brady was on such a hot streak going into the NFCCG, and finally it ended. He got the mistakes he was due for out of the way. That's good.
4 - People underestimated the Bucs D all playoffs. They should know now that it is substantially better than KC. And that difference will matter.
5 - Mahomes hasn't thrown a pick or had a fumble in the last 2 playoff games, and they played subpar to average Ds in both. He is due to make a turnover or two, and the jump in opponent ability may help that happen.
6 - You can talk about Hill and KC's speed and watch the tape all you want, but you need to experience it first hand. The Bucs did and that will help them be more ready this time.
7 - The Bucs will be healthy and the WRs still haven't had close to a clean game all playoffs. Which is odd cause they had them before. They are now way over due for a non-multiple drop game. I very much believe in the 'due' factor when it comes to betting propositions involving people.
8 - KC just had their best game of the year. It is unlikely they rise to that level again.
9 - Arians appears to be stepping back and letting Brady cook. There was too much of the run-run-pass early but they got away from, which did them well to end the half. That is a good thing. They won't beat KC running into a brick wall on first down.
10 - The HFA for the Bucs will be real. Not so much by the elements or crowd noise, but mentally. They have won 3 road games to get here. They will be home and will finally feel some of that pressure and tension that popped up on the road leave, and feel like they can play their best. KC has played at home twice and now the feeling of going on the road might be odd for them. I see this as more a mental than physical thing. The Bucs will come into this game feeling good, but not arrogant, and looking for revenge for that last home loss, Which is the last game they lost this year before their run. I believe in the 'revenge factor' IF you have a team with the proper make up. The Bucs have it. GB didn't. The Bills didn't. I think it is a very human X factor sports people underestimate. The old 'we got the superbowl in OUR HOUSE'. We are not going to let this team BEAT US TWICE IN OUR HOUSE!. I think there is something to that with this team.

Last edited:
is Schwartz confirmed out for the super bowl? 2 backup tackles would be huge

ESPN's experts are 10-2 in favor of picking the Chiefs. LOL. They never learn.

If the Bucs win the Super Bowl I wonder if they'd put Brady vs Belichick and the hopefully new-look Pats at Foxboro in the Thursday opener. I can't think of many games that would generate higher ratings than that.

I know it's in Foxboro but exceptions have been made before. Defending champ Ravens opened on the road in Denver in 2013.

ESPN's experts are 10-2 in favor of picking the Chiefs. LOL. They never learn.

It’s a joke. Tampa won’t spot them 17 first quarter points. This stuff is reminding me of 2007 again. When it was us. A high powered offense that can’t be stop.

The Packers showed so much lethargy. They were out coached in every way. The team didn't seem ready to face the pressure or big moment - at home even. The TD before half showed that those guys don't know what it means to keep mentally strong for 60 min. Brady had his guys prepared. And I say Brady, because it's clear Arians is riding those coat tails.
HOWEVER!
The Chiefs showed why they are back in the SB. They won't be afraid of the Brady-Bucs. Mahomes won last year, but didn't beat Brady to get there. I think that matters to him. The Chiefs are so much more explosive than the Packers. So much more well-rounded with the run. I can see it being a great back and forth, a lot of points and ultimately a Chiefs win 38 - 34

The Packers showed so much lethargy. They were out coached in every way. The team didn't seem ready to face the pressure or big moment - at home even. The TD before half showed that those guys don't know what it means to keep mentally strong for 60 min. Brady had his guys prepared. And I say Brady, because it's clear Arians is riding those coat tails.
HOWEVER!
The Chiefs showed why they are back in the SB. They won't be afraid of the Brady-Bucs. Mahomes won last year, but didn't beat Brady to get there. I think that matters to him. The Chiefs are so much more explosive than the Packers. So much more well-rounded with the run. I can see it being a great back and forth, a lot of points and ultimately a Chiefs win 38 - 34
Yeah if the Chiefs get those turnovers they won't squander them like the Packers did.

HOWEVER!

Everyone will say how explosive the chiefs are for two weeks. How they can’t be stopped. 2007 alll over again. The Bucs have the D line to slow the chiefs. I feel they will keep the chiefs under 30.

HOWEVER!
what? the packers running game is a lot better than the chiefs running game

A different week and the turnovers are talked about in a totally different way than last week. Last week TB was 'lucky' to get them and score TDs. This week Arod gets 3 and has 2 3 and outs on them. Nothing is his fault. Those long throws under pressure are stupid by TB but they were all essentially punts.

Everyone will say how explosive the chiefs are for two weeks. How they can’t be stopped. 2007 alll over again. The Bucs have the D line to slow the chiefs. I feel they will keep the chiefs under 30.

Except Mahomes can run and does run more in big games, it's not as easy to get to him as it was Brady in 2007.

He can kill you with the unscripted plays.

Except Mahomes can run and does run more in big games, it's not as easy to get to him as it was Brady in 2007.

He can kill you with the unscripted plays.

True but we have seen high powered teams be stopped before. They’re a great offense but i know hill won’t get 200 yards receiving like the first game.

Will there be any version of a Media Day this year?

This time the Chiefs have to go through a Hall of Famer.

Jimmy Baby last Super Bowl prior to the half, kneel down and run the clock out.

Brady prior to the half vs Green Bay, swings for the fences with a bomb for the TD.

It's debatable if KC has ever beaten a HOF QB or HC in the post season. Watson I guess has a good chance, but he's not there today.

Not Luck or Riech
Not BOB
Not Tannehill or Vrabel
Not Jimmy or Shanahan Jr.
Not Mayfield or Stefanski
Not Allen or McDermott

Mr HOF Brady awaits.

KC Offense > TB Offense
TB Defense > KC Defense
KC Coaching > TB Coaching

On paper, KC wins by 10. But in what universe should anyone on this board count out TFB? After being down 10 to the "Legion of Boom"? After 28-3?

Fisher going down is huge. If Bowles is smart he would use JPP and Barrett to knock the living crap out of Kelce at the line then do a delayed rush while doubling Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft