PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can only image what would happen to them if Revis got a INT vs them this year....and with Geno...75% chance

Ken, I love you Man, but you are all WET.

You are a great analyst and a great read every week (part one of your post is more evidence of that)

But then you go and jump the shark in your last para.

Leave the thread forever...... PUHHH LEASE. you only said that for artistic attention-getting. You know you will be back. ... sooner or later someone is going to post the joke, video, modified-still that tops the butt-fumble video (hard to believe, but yes this will happen some day- my money is on Joker) and you know you will want to experience it when it does!!!

And you are clearly forgetting the whole point of why the thread started in the first place. The mods got tired of every third thread going into a jester-rage thread; so they merged them up. To my recollection it wasnt an intentional long-term idea; but just a reaction to the moment of lets clean up the board... and HEY IT WORKED. the rest of the threads became a lot more respectful, cooperative, and tolerant of outsiders. And because it worked, it was repeated YEAR FOR YEAR.
So now you want to blow that up and try to make the whole board into some lily-white oxford-English polite tea society. clue here: you cant change human nature. You need to give a place for that venting (vegas show-girls) if you want the tea-society (opera house) to thrive elsewhere.
Plus ... I ENJOY IT. so dont take it away from me.
so get off the high horse and come back to play in the mud with the rest of us every once in a while.
I fear that spending so much time over at JI has addled Ken a bit. He's become a Green Beans sympathizer. :eek:

With all due respect, I don't know if it was brilliance or just cold hard experience that led to the creation of this thread and its predecessors, but it is the magnet for all the things you speak of and as such keeps it out of the rest of the forum.

It was brilliance on the part of our mods due in part to admitted psychopaths like myself that just can't stop overreacting to every moronic,disgusting, deviant, despicable, outlandish and criminal act this green rat fanbase and the players they worship commit. If I may be so bold, I believe it was about when I posted the first Frank Moga JR. "manifesto" here and JI board regulars Rob0729 and Patsfans Ken chimed in...then Tunescribe caught a whiff of the comedic gold...and the rest became the Jets Suck yearly thread.

Do yourselves a favor and search "Frank Moga" in the archives, if that is still possible. It is utterly addictive.

It was brilliance on the part of our mods due in part to admitted psychopaths like myself that just can't stop overreacting to every moronic,disgusting, deviant, despicable, outlandish and criminal act this green rat fanbase and the players they worship commit. If I may be so bold, I believe it was about when I posted the first Frank Moga JR. "manifesto" here and JI board regulars Rob0729 and Patsfans Ken chimed in...then Tunescribe caught a whiff of the comedic gold...and the rest became the Jets Suck yearly thread.

Do yourselves a favor and search "Frank Moga" in the archives, if that is still possible. It is utterly addictive.
I'll add that at one point the original Jets Suck thread inadvisedly was moved (banished) by mods (*cough* Patsnutme *cough*) to languish in the NFL forum. It took some campaigning to get it returned to its rightful place here in the main forum. It was heralded as "back by popular demand." :D

right..I remember that. I think it was Shmessy that was behind the reinstitatement in large part because i just wouldn't shut up about the Jets. There'd be a "What about our RB's?" thread rolling along fine and then a Jet fan would say something ridiculous like "we lost because we were OVERTHINKING.." after the Pats beat the bejeezus out of them, and I'd infect that thread with this Jet hysteria.

The mods stayed away from it for the most part at the start but then..well, first the Moga explosion..and then Rayge Rayge went space alien, Gate D, Mangina...it wasn't week to week, it was practically day to day..especially when Sexy Wrecksie came on board.

I understand how Ken feels...but that is right now. Ken is a very level headed sort and it is very reasonable to think "well, they CAN'T top the past few years..". That's natural to think that...the thing is, the Jets are NOT natural. The are supernaturally UNNATURAL.

and they have Wrecks....

Aside from, maybe, the Trade Brady thread, the Jets suck threads are the best on the site. Nowhere else are we able to expose the truth so plainly and honestly as in this thread.

The Jets suck. It's a universal constant.

The 'Ron Borges Exposes The Pats' thread (quoted a couple pages back) on Gang Green is simply priceless. The insanity, neuroses, phobias, the momma-please-tell-me-those-monsters-under-the-bed-aren't-real childish posters raging in that thread are so over the top it appears to be staged! It's like they all read Catcher in The Rye for the first time last night and woke up believing BB is the evil tyrant choking the life from the NFL because he won't be like them and succumb to being a loser. They hate him and all things Pats like a 16 year old hates his dad after being yelled at for setting the the house on fire. Hey, all we were trying do was make a Molotov ****tail like the GI's in Saving Private Ryan, dad!!! I HATE YOU!!!! :rocker:

The 'Ron Borges Exposes The Pats' thread (quoted a couple pages back) on Gang Green is simply priceless. The insanity, neuroses, phobias, the momma-please-tell-me-those-monsters-under-the-bed-aren't-real childish posters raging in that thread are so over the top it appears to be staged! It's like they all read Catcher in The Rye for the first time last night and woke up believing BB is the evil tyrant choking the life from the NFL because he won't be like them and succumb to being a loser. They hate him and all things Pats like a 16 year old hates his dad after being yelled at for setting the the house on fire. Hey, all we were trying do was make a Molotov ****tail like the GI's in Saving Private Ryan, dad!!! I HATE YOU!!!! :rocker:

brilliant post...the imagery is top notch.

..this is WNBC news here at Gate D and we take you now to a live interview with Jet fan, Holden Caulfield...

"Holden...can you tell me a little bit about tonight's game from a fan point of view?"

"hell yeah!! show us them breasteses!!! yeah!..*snortle*..*gack*..."

The mods got tired of every third thread going into a jester-rage thread; so they merged them up. To my recollection it wasnt an intentional long-term idea; but just a reaction to the moment of lets clean up the board... and HEY IT WORKED. the rest of the threads became a lot more respectful, cooperative, and tolerant of outsiders. And because it worked, it was repeated YEAR FOR YEAR.

OK, I was being a little overly dramatic. (what a shock). Plus the points you bring up above do make sense. (I hate it when someone points out something that makes so much sense, I have to change my position. ;) )

My first 15yrs as a Red Sox fan (before 67) we were the epitome of disaster and failure. For the next 36 years from 67-03, we became the epitome of frustration and heartbreak. I've also been a Pats fan from the beginning, and have watched more games at BU, Harvard Stadium and Fenway, than I have at Sullivan or Gillette. So I clearly remember the many years of having to wait for those one or two "glorious" seasons a decade when the Pats fielded a competitive team, which culminated in 4 decades without a superbowl, and only one appearance (which I went to, btw)

So maybe those experiences have made me a bit more empathetic to long suffering fans of that long suffering franchise. Maybe I can understand what drives them to be so delusional, hateful, jealous, angry and ignorant....for the most part.

But in the end, perhaps its the simple fact that they are such easy targets that makes me feel that so often the thread just gets mean. Like kicking someone when they are down, over and over and over and over and over again, just because you can. That unfortunately sometimes over rides the creativity, humor and fun. I'm comfortable laying waste to them twice a year. ;)

OK Joker, you win. Posts like the one above make this thread worthwhile.

I'll bet money we've met ,Ken....

I was a fixture at Bryant back in the day..even had a press pass.

I matriculated at B.U. AND met my inamorata at a Pats game at Harvard stadium.

You know it as well as I do...those lean times were trying but that Ben Dreith tried to break our spirits. He made me an even more passionate Pats fan...may his toe fungus stink out the northern Colorado foothills for a 100 years.

you know how we come out as a team? IN NY this year...we should all come out....then revis coming out with the pats flag waving around....would be grand old fun!

I called up an old friend out in San Diego I grew up with...so we're talking for a while and the convo turns to football and Seattle and Denver and stuff and I swear...I NEVER said a word...he goes "by the way those Jets are a freakin' trainwreck man, they suck"...3000 mil;es away...and the suck is as clear as day.

"Heeeeeyyy everybody! Ya know (hic!), I'm gonna be an NFL head coach someday (buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrp!!!!)."

Attachments

• rob-ryan-st-patricks-day.jpg
    rob-ryan-st-patricks-day.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 63
  • rob ryan 2.jpg
    rob ryan 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 63
There are about 4 men and a school bus completely hidden by his belly
Inside or outside? (If the former, they're submerged in a sea of suds.)

Correctomundo!

As I have said out here many times, the Jests' problems begin with the owner: a guy who spent his granddaddy's hard-earned money to buy an NFL franchise when he got tired of his gold-plated choo-choo trains but really has no idea how to run it (unless you count "running it into the ground"). I have no way of knowing this for sure, but it sure seems that the "grownup" management of Johnson & Johnson was smart enough decades ago not to let "Woody" anywhere near the C-suite.

Exactly what the Kennedy family did with Teddy. Too Bad for us, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back