PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Myers of NY Daily News on Revis

Saw this and read it with my coffee this morning in Manhattan. What a great way to start the day!

The Jets never should have traded Darrelle Revis last year, but they were very happy with him tucked away in Tampa, where he played in obscurity for a really bad, dysfunctional team.
But now their ultimate nightmare has become reality: Revis Island is relocating to New England.

Read more: Darrelle Revis nightmare has to have*NY Jets coach Rex Ryan turning green - NY Daily News

How did the Revis trade work out?
Year in retrospect: How did the Revis trade work out? | Page 7 | TheGangGreen.com Message Board

Funny GangGreen thread that starts like this on Jan 24th:
If you ask me - this trade showed what kind of defensive guru Jets have in Rex Ryan; my point is simple:

1. If Revis stayed a Jet, he would have been his usual dominating self - which he was anything but as a Buc.

2. That said, emergence of Sheldon Richardson MUST have something to do with Ryan/Dunbar; i.e. he could have done a pretty good job as a rookie coming in, but would he have had the kind of impact he had as a Jet? I doubt that.

==================================

Showed the world who was running the show - and it wasn't Revis. [Take that, you lousy money whore.] And Jets came away with extra 3rd round pick this season. Good deal all around, if you ask me.

And ends like this today:
1. **** Darrelle Revis.

2.**** Darrelle Revis.

3.**** Darrelle Revis.
yeah... I liked him until this **** happened. I'll never downplay his ability but to go to the Pats...

**** that guy
Today.

amusd.gif

Decker has 28 TD catches the past two years...

4 from Tebow

24 from Manning...

and now he's going to catch passes from THIS "thing"....

original.gif

there must be a special "stupid" test all the new Rat players have to take and fail....what else can it be??...Manning to THAT thing...at a loss for words...

Decker has 28 TD catches the past two years...

4 from Tebow

24 from Manning...

and now he's going to catch passes from THIS "thing"....

original.gif

there must be a special "stupid" test all the new Rat players have to take and fail....what else can it be??...Manning to THAT thing...at a loss for words...
With his fat new contract Decker will be able to afford first-class psychotherapy in New York. He'll certainly need it.

Jets fans are too funny. They think we are delusional because we don't see how Revis is already tearing apart the Patriots locker room and Vince would have taken a pay cut or restructure if it wasn't for Revis.

Their proof? Ron Borges' article. LOL!

Yes, Wilfork would have gladly taken a pay cut or restructure if they didn't sign Revis.

I love how butt hurt Jets fans are over the Revis deal. Yes, the guy you traded away to a terrible team with a scumbag coach and hilariously garbage roster didn't feel loyal to your 'organization' afterwards. What a surprise.

Correctomundo!

As I have said out here many times, the Jests' problems begin with the owner: a guy who spent his granddaddy's hard-earned money to buy an NFL franchise when he got tired of his gold-plated choo-choo trains but really has no idea how to run it (unless you count "running it into the ground"). I have no way of knowing this for sure, but it sure seems that the "grownup" management of Johnson & Johnson was smart enough decades ago not to let "Woody" anywhere near the C-suite.

Another Green Beans brainiac speaks up:

New Jets lineman and Malden native: Pats fans can kick rocks after we win - Extra Points - Boston.com

Giacomini, who told reporters on a conference call that he grew up a Drew Bledsoe fan, said the Jets are pointed in the right direction despite the moves the Patriots have made in the AFC East this offseason.

"They went 8-8 last year, so they're a few games out," he said. "The main goal would be to win the division first and get a playoff game at home. The defense is pretty good. If you can play defense and run the ball, you can make the playoffs."

Another Green Beans brainiac speaks up:

New Jets lineman and Malden native: Pats fans can kick rocks after we win - Extra Points - Boston.com

Giacomini, who told reporters on a conference call that he grew up a Drew Bledsoe fan, said the Jets are pointed in the right direction despite the moves the Patriots have made in the AFC East this offseason.

"They went 8-8 last year, so they're a few games out," he said. "The main goal would be to win the division first and get a playoff game at home. The defense is pretty good. If you can play defense and run the ball, you can make the playoffs."

I guess since he is an O-lineman saying that all they need to do is play good D and not do what good O-linemen get paid for in today's nfl (passing); that he is not planning on contributing much. .... hmmmm, Only took him one day to get in synch with the jester corporate mission statement: 'talk a lot and do little'.

There you go again -- another logical post. Thanks for this. As Tammy gets older and the realization sets in, the fraud, aka Belicheat, will fvk his own mother to win a SB knowing his legacy is tainted 3 SBs from cheating. He is doing his best to try and wash that stain from his legacy. So after years of "the Patriot Way" and winning with only players of a certain character, not over paying for FAs, etc, throw that playbook out the window. A clear admission that his way, "the Patriot Way" is a HUGE failure. Nothing but bull*****.

You can't make this up...You just can't.

So we are spending for FAs...sucks the patriot way is a failure :(

Going to any place with Jets fans is first like this:
tumblr_lkms0kj0Qw1qhc137o1_500.gif

Then like this:
tumblr_m8gfne9fp21qf96jro1_r1_500.gif

The Jets have a varied menu for their players, befitting the gustatory habits of their fat slob head coach...here's a special dish first served up to Mark Sanchez after a certain Patriots loss at the Meadowlands...Browneye Pie....

ass-pie.jpg

The clown car is being readied. The chauffeur awaits.

Attachments

• rexclown.jpg
    rexclown.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 106
Jet fan meltdown over recent media disrespect
Media continues to pour it on the Jets; Decker to NY one of the WORST FA signings

3 stars. Would read again
The report makes no mention of the Patriots other than Decker, as No. 1 WR, drawing coverage from the likes of Revis and other top CBs. But the thread immediately detours into a Patriots hatefest. I'll bet most threads in that forum are more anti-Patriots than pro-Green Beans. They need to rename the website Green With Envy.

Found this elsewhere on the innertubes, caption was
"Where Jets receivers disappear"

Attachments

• grins.jpg
    grins.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 105
The report makes no mention of the Patriots other than Decker, as No. 1 WR, drawing coverage from the likes of Revis and other top CBs. But the thread immediately detours into a Patriots hatefest. I'll bet most threads in that forum are more anti-Patriots than pro-Green Beans. They need to rename the website Green With Envy.

I post on JI quite often. The funny thing is, I only post in threads that relate to the Pats, but all of the threads end up that way anyway.

I feel sympathy for the good fans, and there are a few.

In honor of this thread and what has taken place over the last few years with the Jets, Ryan taking over, Buttfumble and now Revis Island being sold to the Pats, I decided to come up with a new name for their team...

The New Joke Jets (sorry if it isn't new, but I don't recall seeing it before)

I feel sympathy for the good fans, and there are a few.
No, both those guys died years ago.

The New Joke Jets (sorry if it isn't new, but I don't recall seeing it before)
Not bad, especially since they keep reinventing themselves as a laughingstock, like a stand-up comedian coming out with new material. For me, they always will be the New Jersey Green Beans. (Because they reside in New Jersey and not New York, and whenever they wear all-green unis they look like green beans.)

It's like these guys ignore reality or are divorced from it.

Over the last decade+, the Patriots have brought in questionable characters (Dillon, Bryan Cox, Ted Washington, etc) and paid top dollar for FAs (Adalius Thomas, OchoCinco) all in attempts to build the best team possible. Some worked out, some didn't but the approach was hardly a failure when you look at the records over the last 12 years.

It's like these guys ignore reality or are divorced from it.
How else can anyone be a fan of that franchise?

No, both those guys died years ago.

Not bad, especially since they keep reinventing themselves as a laughingstock, like a stand-up comedian coming out with new material. For me, they always will be the New Jersey Green Beans. (Because they reside in New Jersey and not New York, and whenever they wear all-green unis they look like green beans.)
JI used to be a very good site, but your are right its devolved into misogynistic nightmare of Pats Hate, Jets Hate, and boob pictures.

I have been posting since 2001 there, at Soothes' invitation, and over the last 5 years watched that board continually shrink in size and viewership. Too bad actually. Maybe its to be expected. Its logical to think that 45 years of abject failure would tend to traumatize a fan base that starts every season playing 2nd fiddle in their own market. By this point all they have to hold on to is hate, envy, anger and jealousy.

Even "close but no cigar" seasons are few and far between. These aren't the Red Sox, who broke our hearts for so long, but also gave us many entertaining seasons of close calls. These are the Cubs, who not only have had an epic Championship drought, but have completely sucked for nearly all of it.

Jet fans dump on teams like the Bills and Vikes, and claim that at least "we've won a championship", but those teams at least have at least made it to the game multiple times and fought for a championship. Jet fans have NOTHING to feel proud of since 1969. In fact he best moment in Jet fan history in the last 45 years, is the playoff win over the Pats in 2010. Pretty sad when your best win in 45 years came in the divisional round. :rolleyes:

But here's the truth. While Jet fans still are among the worst in the league, I think their team is on the upswing. They have an awesome and young DL. They have a HC good enough to manage an 8-8 record with some of the worst personnel in recent memory. They have a GM who seems to have the right idea of how to build a team, and most of all, they have 12 draft picks in a year where there is a VERY deep draft.

The Jets will have a better and more talented team this season. But as often happens, while the team gets better, I think their record will be worse. They are slowly but surely cleaning up their cap situation. The Decker deal was a decent one IMHO for the Jets. They didn't overpay for one of the best #2 WR's in the league.

On the other hand, it was a horrible move for Decker. Whoever advised him that he'd be better off in NJ catch passes from Geno Smith, with an aging and declining OL and no other weapons; than just about any other team in the league, should be fired.:eek: I think most of the negativity that this deal gets is less about it being a bad move by the Jets, and more about how its a bad move for Decker.

One final point before I leave this thread forever - The thread itself has jumped the shark. There should be no need to lower ourselves to the Jetfan level of having a thread like this. Its negative, sophomoric, and lacks the class I would hope we'd all aspire to. For this year, they really shouldn't be the focus of our attention to the point where they need their own thread. It was fun for a couple of years, but now its time to let it go. Grow up and expand our horizons, to be better than Hitman Harris' and their ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes