PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we need now is Jeremy Shockey. - Jets Insider.com Forums

Then the circus is complete. We'll have jesus, a snitch, a corner who can't remember his childrens names, a former drug dealer, & etc. Hard Knocks 2012. Make it happen Tanny.
tongue.gif

Tebow's going to the Jets after all, as the Jets have agreed to pay half of the $5 million giveback.

Sanchez is now on borrowed time.

Tebow's going to the Jets after all, as the Jets have agreed to pay half of the $5 million giveback.

Sanchez is now on borrowed time.

Getting rid of Sanchez ASAP would make the most sense for Jersey both on and off the field. Have Tebow run the wildcat as the base offense, run the ball a lot, and get the defense back up to snuff. Those would be the smartest choices.

Getting rid of Sanchez ASAP would make the most sense for Jersey both on and off the field. Have Tebow run the wildcat as the base offense, run the ball a lot, and get the defense back up to snuff. Those would be the smartest choices.

Even a locker room filled with clowns like Holmes is going to start looking to Tebow for leadership, because that's the kind of guy Tebow is. Sanchez, on the other hand, will be screaming "I'm the leader! I got an extension!".

I'm hoping that the schedule gives the Jets 3 tough games out of the gate. That locker room could explode if Tebow does well in his limited role but the team still starts out 0-3 or a really bad looking 1-2.

Last edited:
Even a locker room filled with clowns like Holmes is going to start looking to Tebow for leadership, because that's the kind of guy Tebow is. Sanchez, on the other hand, will be screaming "I'm the leader! I got an extension!".

I'm hoping that the schedule gives the Jets 3 tough games out of the gate. That locker room could explode if Tebow does well in his limited role but the team still starts out 0-3 or a really bad looking 1-2.

What's even better going forward: Tebow's contract calls for $6 million-plus in 2013 and $7 million-plus in 2014. That puts him more or less on equal footing salary-wise with Sanchez.

The absolute BEST thing about this has YET to happen...and that is the inevitable Ray Ray 19 flip flop flippin' floppin' flounder post that will top what was thought to be the untoppable "Coles!!..no, Moss!!!...Coles back?..Coles!!!...Moss again? Moss!!! Coles!!...Moss!!!.... from years back..

"Sanchez ELITE!!!! Ceiling UNLIMITED!!!...huh?...they pulled Sanchez for Tebow??...TEBOW TIME!!!! Sanchez is a little b!tch!!!!"

believe me, this WILL HAPPEN...and I cannot wait....what a tremendous gift to all loyal, long time Patriots fans....

Last edited:
The mighty tandem to come:

Attachments

• Tebow:Sanchez.jpg
    Tebow:Sanchez.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 471
Interesting observation from JI

To the poster above who said "from a football standpoint, it makes sense".

This is 100% correct. It makes the offense infinitely better if he does everything EXCEPT PLAY QB. You can't deny this.

The drama continues....

The Daily News has learned that Stanton would prefer to be released or traded after the team acquired Tim Tebow on Wednesday. Stanton, who spent four seasons with the Lions, signed a one-year, $1.25 million deal that included a $500,000 signing bonus last week. He would also be amenable to a trade, according to a source.

Quarterback Drew Stanton prefers to be released after Jets trade for Tim Tebow | New York Daily News

They promised this kid that he'd be the #2 QB, gave him a $500k signing bonus, and now they've screwed him over in the Tebow deal.

Long live the Jets! :D

What's lost in all this nonsense is the fact that Greg McElroy probably is the best quarterback on their roster. He's definitely their best leader (aside from possibly Tebow).

I agree. He reminds me of Hoyer a little bit.

Tim tebow will unintentionally destroy what is still left of the jets locker room.
New york will beg for tebow After sanchez first bad game
5 games in the locker will be split tebow/sanchez
By the end of next year sanchez will want out and rex will get fired for creating this mess.

The rex ryan era is finally coming to a end
tumblr_lzarqfhTXL1qg63qpo1_250.gif

Tim tebow will unintentionally destroy what is still left of the jets locker room.
New york will beg for tebow After sanchez first bad game
5 games in the locker will be split tebow/sanchez
By the end of next year sanchez will want out and rex will get fired for creating this mess.

The rex ryan era is finally coming to a end
tumblr_lzarqfhTXL1qg63qpo1_250.gif
An extremely plausible scenario.

They've just made a number of individually poor decision that collectively look even worse.

(1) Paying Sanchez like a top-10 QB. He's not in my top 20. Maybe not even top 25.

(2) Promising Stanton the #2 gig (maybe that's not individually bad).

(3) Trading for Tebow who makes a few million per year. To play max what, 8 snaps per game?

Now they have a handsomely-paid, mentally fragile starting QB. One backup who is clearly (and rightfully) angry. Another backup who carries with him more media coverage than probably any other player in the NFL. And as soon as Sanchez starts to play poorly, the fans will be calling for Tebow.

What is the best case scenario? Sanchez plays at a mediocre level, Tebow plays a few snaps per game and helps their running game a bit and Stanton deals with it for a year? That's not a high upside.

Worst case scenario? Sanchez has some bad games (likely) and Tebow's snaps increase as a result. Sanchez, already lacking confidance, plays worse and worse. And your backup is still Tebow, who can't do more than run an option offense. All while spending a substantial portion of your cap space at the QB position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back