PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a cesspool..what do you expect? A coherent thought? LOL

The media and a portion of the Jets fan base act like and treat the New York Jets football franchise as if it is a joke. Nothing can be further from the truth. Mike Tannenbaum is being painted as if he is some clueless GM who doesn't know what he is doing. Even though his track record tells you a different story. Perception becomes reality.

Just three losing seasons in the last 15 years - Jets Insider.com Forums

Top 3 franchise..easy

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242757

One thing Mark has shown during his short career is an ability to step up when everything is against him and when the stakes are highest.

Whether its bouncing back from terrible games or beating tom brady in the playoffs, this kid steps up to the moment.

Mark Sanchez has been a winner and leader his entire life.

Mark stepped up HUGE in those AFC champ games leading to a SB win. I mean it's pretty obvious all he does is win.

Last edited:
I like how they cut it off at 15 so they don't have to include that 1-15 whopper

lifetime record: 371-434....winning

Let's compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges. :D

JEST, regular season: 359-422-8
JEST, playoffs: 12-13

Patriots, regular season: 414-365-9
Patriots, playoffs: 23-15

So the JEST are only trailing by 13 playoff games . . . and 112.5 regular season games. They should make that up in no time. :singing:

well...like everything, if you stick around long enough, you 'll need to get a facelift every now and then to keep things in order...which bring me to the popular Jet abbreviation J-E-T-S...

For decades, since the early 70's it has stood for Just End Their Season..or The Season..

as the horrific losses and dismal seasons piled up, Jet fans turned it into their own badge of despair...Just End The Suffering...

well, here we are in the new millenium still watching the never ending green trainwreck and the millions upon millions of new Jet suckage spectators seem to be looking for something fresh...a new interpretation of the age old acronym..and lo and behold...the newest Jet comes riding in on his mighty white jacka$$, promising changes and urging all Jet fans to hop aboard the Jesus Express to the promised land...in anticipation of the inevitable crash and burn later this season, I give THIS new interpretation to add to the ranksof Just Eat The Sausages and Jerks Earn The Sewer..

JUST END TEBOW'S SERMONIZING

It used to be so simple in Green Bean Land - Sanchez fans vs. non-Sanchez fans...

Now it's Sanchez fans who like Tebow vs. Sanchez fans who hate Tebow vs. Tebow fans who like Sanchez vs. Tebow Fans who hate Sanchez...

It used to be so simple in Green Bean Land - Sanchez fans vs. non-Sanchez fans...

Now it's Sanchez fans who like Tebow vs. Sanchez fans who hate Tebow vs. Tebow fans who like Sanchez vs. Tebow Fans who hate Sanchez...

Versus those who'd wish BOTH of them would go away. . . .

Bill Belichick = 3 Super Bowl Rings :D

Rex Ryan = 3-Ring Circus ;)

Screen%20shot%202010-12-24%20at%205.57.29%20AM.png

Rex Ryan for DC in 2013 guys?

He does want a ring pretty bad so...

Last edited:
Bill Belichick = 3 Super Bowl Rings :D

I'd not put it all on Rex as they've sucked before him as well.

As for 3 ring Circus, is it the following?
  1. Win the preseason ring
  2. Toilet bowl ring
  3. suffer-ring?

Just hoping there's no Karma in all that as I'd hate to see the Pats turn back into Pre-Kraft Patriots. I enjoy the winning :)

Aparently, Antonio Cromartie is already auditioning to be head clown of the Jets' circus. His interview in the NY Daily News is pure comedy:

“I don’t have any regrets,” Cromartie said. “I think a lot of people took what I said the wrong way. People took it as me dissing Tebow. I never dissed Tebow. I just said we don’t need him on our team because Mark is our quarterback. I would never degrade an NFL player because he’s in the NFL for a reason.Tebow’s proven over the past couple years why he’s in the NFL. I would never take a shot at any NFL player. He’s been a winner all his life. He’s pulled his teams out of predicaments. I’m not the kind of person that would degrade or belittle someone in the NFL.”

So calling Brady an A-hole wasn't a shot?!?

“He’s a guy that brings a different atmosphere to the locker room and the huddle,” Cromartie said. “We were missing that last year — a guy that can take control and do the things that we need to. (Tannenbaum and Ryan) feel like he can come in and bring us that spark on offense when he’s in certain packages.”

So the Jets don't need Tebow, but they really need him?

Read more: NY Jets' Antonio Cromartie now a Tim Tebow follower after tweet saying Gang Green didn't need him - NY Daily News

the Jets are a mess right now. they likely are going to be even worse this year than last year...their free agency has been a bust so far....I think the bills could surpass them this year.

their only WR is holmes, who is the #2 guy?? last year with was burress which was bad enough. this year they have no one so far.

their O-line is a mess, and their defense is aging....yet they go out and spend picks/$$ for a backup qb who is going to torpedoe their starter who is insecure as it is.

Evil thought: The Pats should offer the Jets a round 4 and 6 pick in next year's draft for Sanchez, and let it leak that they did so.

Last edited:
The Tebowites are taking over the Jets' boards, and according to one over at TGG, the Jets are going to revolutionize the QB position and the way we think about offense in the NFL:

The NFL is changing. If they can pull it off, then they will be the innovators, and the first team in the NFL to change the way we approach the QB position as we know it, subbing QB's out no different than we sub in and out every other position on offense. They will be a step ahead of even teams that are trying to get the "new age" QB's like RG 3, Newton and Luck. You will no longer have to live and die by one guy. I hope it works because I think it's great. And the Texans last year, proved, you don't need a freaking franchise QB. You're just as great with 3 on your roster that can take over and be carried by the team as a whole rather than the other way around. So did Miami, back in 1972, the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL and they did it with subbing QB's mid season.

Frankly if you ask me, what John Elway and Fox are doing is going back to old school. They're going to be left behind.

Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times) - Page 193 - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

The Pats are living in the Stone Age! Tebow is the wave of the future!

The Tebowites are taking over the Jets' boards, and according to one over at TGG, the Jets are going to revolutionize the QB position and the way we think about offense in the NFL:

Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times) - Page 193 - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

The Pats are living in the Stone Age! Tebow is the wave of the future!

He's got a point. Look at the NFC and AFC Championship games and the Super Bowl earlier this year. There wasn't a single "traditional" drop back passer in the bunch. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, and Alex Smith are all new age QBs who are just as likely to beat you running the ball than passing.

If we learned anything last year, passing offenses are a dying breed. Teams just cannot win anymore passing for 4,000-5,000 yards in season. In today's run happy NFL you need a QB who may not be able pass the ball well, but can run it 15-20 times a game. Ever since the Broncos invented this hot new formation tred - the option - it has been spreading like wildfire.

BTW, I love the poster in that thread who argues the Pats figured out how to stop the Broncos' option offense because they run the spread OPTION offense. Yeah, the Pats are so effective on offense because opposing defenses are so concerned about Brady keeping the ball and running it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore