PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even a locker room filled with clowns like Holmes is going to start looking to Tebow for leadership, because that's the kind of guy Tebow is. Sanchez, on the other hand, will be screaming "I'm the leader! I got an extension!".

I'm hoping that the schedule gives the Jets 3 tough games out of the gate. That locker room could explode if Tebow does well in his limited role but the team still starts out 0-3 or a really bad looking 1-2.

lol- great point, leadership will rise. That locker room is gonna go ballistic to have Tebow play.

Today's back cover of the NYP is a must see:

710170.jpg

After the Jest loss to the Broncos in Denver

Afterwards, an emergency medical service (EMS) unit from the Denver Fire Department was sent to Harry B. Combs Parkway near the Denver International Airport where the Jets' charter plane was preparing to take off.
Turns out Ryan was suffering from indigestion brought on by a postgame meal which, combined with the lap-band surgery he had in March, 2010, didn't sit well.
His stomach hurting on the team bus ride to the airport, paramedics were called to meet the team at the airport as a precaution.
When paramedics arrived, one of them asked Ryan how he was doing.
"I was doing fine until (bleep-bleep) Tebow had that (bleeping) 95 yard drive," Ryan said, according to sources.
Tim Tebow traded to New York Jets; Broncos get two draft picks - The Denver Post

Mike Tannenbaum offers more about Tim Tebow’s role with Jets | ProFootballTalk

when you have to offer more and more explanations..means you dont believe it yourself.

The Giants won the Super Bowl so the Green Beans had to do something splashy to get noticed again. They got their headlines, now they have to figure out what's next.

It's like the Underpants Gnomes from "South Park." They steal underpants and expect to turn a profit. But they haven't figured out what to DO with the underpants to make the profit happen.

this has been bugging me for a while:

In the BB documentary, is anyone else dying to know what Belichick said to Bon Jovi right before the clearly edited clip begins with him saying "...but I think he'll get them to play for him" (or something like that)? I can only imagine that it was very astute and prophetic (as usual).

So guys...which team are we more afraid of at the start of the new season?

The Jest or Bills?

Personally...a healthy Bills team seems more threatening on paper...better offense and they should do a good job of pass rushing.

I have tyo point out that when i read the link whoever posted it also said that Mike Ditka was one of the greatest head coaches of all time, up there with V Lombardy. So i have to take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

So guys...which team are we more afraid of at the start of the new season?

The Jest or Bills?

Personally...a healthy Bills team seems more threatening on paper...better offense and they should do a good job of pass rushing.

The Bills by a mile. They have no depth, but their frontline players are good enough to make them a playoff contender.

The Jets are worse right now than they were last year and they weren't good last year. They have a realistic chance of going sub-500 this year. Their defense is a shell of what it was with an old and bad LB corp outside of Harris. They have no receivers and their o-line is still a mess. The whole Tebow thing could kill Sanchez's psyche.

Drew Stanton is one lucky guy. He got out of there alive.

Drew Stanton is one lucky guy. He got out of there alive.

His only inconvenience was having to be quarantined for a few hours, then fumigated before entering the airport. His shoes were confiscated because of toxic green sludge stuck to the soles. Lingering residue from a few open bags of moldy pork rinds festering since 2009 in Wrecks' office locker was removed easily enough by laundering. But all this was quite minor compared to the emotional anguish and mental turmoil Stanton would've faced had he remained a Green Bean even a few days longer.

The jets forums are hilarious..so many people signed up when tebow was signed to say they are now jets fans because of him..and die hard jets fans was to kill themselves over this..awesome

The jets forums are hilarious..so many people signed up when tebow was signed to say they are now jets fans because of him..and die hard jets fans was to kill themselves over this..awesome

What's even funnier is that many of those so-called "new" Jets fans are actually Bronco fans who have endured Tebow trolls all year and have decided to troll the Jets boards. There was a thread on the Bronco's board of some guy crowing about this, and asking fellow Bronco fans to join in the 'fun". He even showed a screen shot of his signing up for Jet Nation. What's really funny is the stupid Jets fans don't even realize they're being laughed at and jerked around. Priceless.

Tebow will be starting at some point. He can take a hit and keep coming back for more. Sanchez can't. He can't even step up and throw a good ball when he knows a lick is coming, he flings it up for grabs and protects himself.

The Jets offensive line has to improve a lot for them to have success with Sanchez. Tebow can make it work with whatever running Sparano's wildcat. Just draft a couple of running backs and you are good to go.

As hamstrung as they are against the cap to the point that they couldn't release Santonio Holmes because of the guarantee and they re-upped with Wayne Hunter and extended Mark Sanchez and can't cut David Harris even though they don't want him either... all symptoms of bad contracts and previous restructures.

It's going to suck to be Sanchez. The Jets won't be able to trade hime with that contract and won't be able to cut him due to all the future guaranteed money and he is going to lose his job on the merits and eventually be cut in two years.

what's hilarious to me is how they are always calling out "SOJF" and yet the SOJFs are always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes