PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd I hate having to defend the Sanchize in a Rats suck thread, but if the RB (Powell?) doesn't kick the ball, then he probably DOES fall on the ball and maintain possession.

I see what your saying in that he had no chance of recovering it because of Powell but if Sanchez doesn't drop it then Powell doesn't kick it. That was some of the best football(soccer) played all night.

On a side note, It's easy to miss a reply in this thread dew to the abnormally high Jets suckage accumulation rate.

I remain mystified as to why there wasn't a more elaborate "wildcat package" installed for Timmah. Instead, as Trent Dilfer observed, it was a season of "chuck-and-duck spitball-style" offense.

Two simple words answer the mystery

"Tony Sporano"

Mr fist bump at OC. He's demonstrably inept; a one note wonder. What a pathetic hire. They had all summer to install a mobility spread offense for Tebow that at the worst would be a drastic change of pace and possibly disrupt some ill prepared or ill practiced opponents, but no, they did nothing.

This Jets thing with Tebow is classic. Let's hope the Jets trade for Larry Fitzgerald, JJ Watt and Aldon Smith.

That way after a season of ruining those player's perceived value we can pick them up off of the waiver wire for peanuts.

You could also consider that rather than defending the Sanchize, I was just pointing out the elaborate "synchronized suckage" that the Rats were able to flawlessly execute.

:rolleyes:

Taking posts seriously in this thread.

Sideline tenny vs jets

Mark "Coach why'd you take me out I was moving the ball"

Tony "That's why I took you out and put Timmy in"

Tebow "So that means I'm not supposed to move the ball or I'll come out too"

Tony "No your going to move the ball on the ground"

Tebow "Ah I get it, I'll move it on the ground and then you'll take me out so Mark can throw it"

Mark "Coach what if Timmy doesn't get a 1st down?"

Tony "Then he stays in until the series is over"

Mark "So he get's rewarded for incompetence"

Just like you Mark,Welcome to the Jet way!

Last edited:
Lots of rats scurrying. Manish the insider mouthpiece reports that DC Mike Pettine has turned down a contract extension... No word on whether that is because he's had enough of life in the circus or thinks his boss is in jeopardy or just sees the eventual career suicide writing on the wall in the swamp.

QB's 1 and 2 are history. Can't imagine 3 points and a fist pump (boy was whomever coined that description spot on) Sporano surviving. Westoff is retiring. Cap is a hot mess. Would seem to be time to clean house. Although knowing Woody he could settle for a spin dusting...

Felger was babbling yesterday about how BB's football genius was apparently underscored by his ability to decipher a disasterous ownership in the making.
Felger until 2 yrs ago was touting the jets as awesome how they are building a team and not every team needs to do like the pats with trading draft picks and maintaining secrecy and all that. Wonder what he thinks now.

Felger until 2 yrs ago was touting the jets as awesome how they are building a team and not every team needs to do like the pats with trading draft picks and maintaining secrecy and all that. Wonder what he thinks now.

Why bother wondering? It's obvious that he's right. Pittsburgh proves it. The Giants prove it. There's not just one "right" way.

Two simple words answer the mystery

"Tony Sporano"

Mr fist bump at OC. He's demonstrably inept; a one note wonder. What a pathetic hire. They had all summer to install a mobility spread offense for Tebow that at the worst would be a drastic change of pace and possibly disrupt some ill prepared or ill practiced opponents, but no, they did nothing.

I couldn't believe they hired this ape. If you recall, during the offseason the Jets players hailed the release of Schottenheimer, while proclaiming that Sparano would "simplify the offense." Everyone had to see this coming. Sparano reminds me of Mike Tice... that's a bad thing for the Jets.

the poor guy is sensitive to light....therefore he has to wear sunglasses at games...so, he decides to take a job in the brightest,100 billion candle power media arena in the country...NY...way to think it through ,Fistpump...

on a side note...next season starting in preseason, the green drum bangers will be logging on here once again, mindlessly Og Og Og'ing their Jtse's...I wonder just what the tactic will be to skirt an avalanche of "Butt Fumble" gifs? I mean to say, they open their yaps all the time about OUR drafts and get it crammed back down their throats with that "Greatest Draft Blunders Of All Time" you tube....how are they going to defend the "Butt Fumble"? Especially after declaring "elite" and "ceiling unlimited" and "Brady twilight!!"...?

It's like trying to guess what a one celled organism is going to do when faced with a blowtorch....

428884_390387861053277_65247262_n.png

Yup. This was practically all he talked about two years ago; other than a few times by accident, I have not listened to him since. His point that I got was that the jets do it right by trading for impact rather than drafting for depth and potential impact. Breer still beats that drum.

Why bother wondering? It's obvious that he's right. Pittsburgh proves it. The Giants prove it. There's not just one "right" way.

Yup, he was right about the secrecy and stuff, and there certainly is more than one way. Certainly I wouldn't mind if BB could be a little looser on some of that stuff. But the specific comments about drafting policy were what annoyed me from Felger. Their drafting policies left them with zero depth, starting with how the Leonhard injury left them exposed in the 45-3 MNF game.

Last edited:

That's the problem. He doesn't think before he speaks. Raw sewage with the valve left open.

From 215 miles away you could see the writing on the wall, salary cap hell and key departures of aging yet able veterans like Faneca and Woody. Here's an idea? Let's pay a malcontent Diva Wr 50 million and let's just forget about our QBs health and time to throw.

I'm sure Felger has forgotten all his stupid remarks and will pile on like he always does when things are going bad.

Agree, but he was touting what the jets were doing as a different and a better way recently than the pats.

Who said the Jets are having a bad season. This could be a historic season for the Jets. Jeremy Kerley is only two fair catches away from the single season fair catch record. Ot os quite an accomplishment that guys like Edelman and Welker could only dream about.

Most Fair Catches: OK, so we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel here. This isn’t quite up there with the most prestigious records in all of sports, but Jets punt returner Jeremy Kerley has fair caught 31 punt returns this season, putting him only two away from the all-time record of 33, set by Brian Mitchell of the Eagles in 2000. Most fair catches is just the kind of record this Jets team deserves.

Peterson, Megatron aren’t the only ones closing in on NFL records | ProFootballTalk

In fairness to Felger, I don't think anyone were aware how much of an incompetent boob Woody Johnson truly is. He has really dialed up the buffoonery of NY Jets owner. That said, the Ryan's player's coach thing always had a short shelf life (those type of coaches always do) and the Tannenbaum strategy of loading up to win one year usually fails too.

BTW, Felger addressed this yesterday. He said the plan wasn't bad, but the Jets were stupid to hitch their wagons to Sanchez. I can't remember if it was him or someone else who said the Colts were successful with the same strategy as the Jets, but ignore the facts that the Colts built through the draft and never were active in free agents and they never traded up to get players.

He also said it is far better to be the Jets (legitimately compete for a Super Bowl for one or two years and then go into mediocrity) than be the Dolphins or Bills and lavish in mediocrity for a decade or two. I don't know if those are the Jets' only two options, but that is his argument.

Last edited:
In fairness to Felger, I don't think anyone were aware how much of an incompetent boob Woody Johnson truly is. He has really dialed up the buffoonery of NY Jets owner. That said, the Ryan's player's coach thing always had a short shelf life (those type of coaches always do) and the Tannenbaum strategy of loading up to win one year usually fails too.

BTW, Felger addressed this yesterday. He said the plan wasn't bad, but the Jets were stupid to hitch their wagons to Sanchez. I can't remember if it was him or someone else who said the Colts were successful with the same strategy as the Jets, but ignore the facts that the Colts built through the draft and never were active in free agents and they never traded up to get players.

He also said it is far better to be the Jets (legitimately compete for a Super Bowl for one or two years and then go into mediocrity) than be the Dolphins or Bills and lavish in mediocrity for a decade or two. I don't know if those are the Jets' only two options, but that is his argument.

You must have my posts on Ignore

Why anyone would listen to someone who knows as little as Felger and his lapdog toady befuddles me

Last edited:
You must have my posts on Ignore

Why anyone would listen to someone who knows as little as Felger and his lapdog toady befuddles me

There is a reason Bill Belichick and Tom Brady do interviews on WEEI and not on the flagship station that carries Patriots games. There are no serious football analysts during drive time on 98.5 - I don't understand why Scott Zolak hitched his wagon that bunch of clowns.

In any event, just to stay on topic, the Jets suck.

Every hand in the Jets passing game is to blame

check out the part on matt cavanaugh. What a pick by rex.

Would an elite or above average QB do any better in Marks situation?

I was listening to RG III speaking to his team mates on the sidelines(sound FX) "Every play has to be executed perfectly even if we hate the play, we need to make it work and show support"(something to that effect)In short, no excuses make it work. Great players find a way even if it's not statistically pretty.

SAR I is convinced Montana, Brady, Manning etc would'd be atrocious QB's with the current jets personnel. You'd think he's related to Sanchez with his nonstop 24/7 defense.

lil Marky fumbling the ball via sticking his head up #65's arse had nothing to do with wr talent...:cool:

Last edited:
Would an elite or above average QB do any better in Marks situation?

I was listening to RG III speaking to his team mates on the sidelines(sound FX) "Every play has to be executed perfectly even if we hate the play, we need to make it work and show support"(something to that effect)In short, no excuses make it work. Great players find a way even if it's not statistically pretty.

SAR I is convinced Montana, Brady, Manning etc would'd be atrocious QB's with the current jets personnel. You'd think he's related to Sanchez with his nonstop 24/7 defense.

lil Marky fumbling the ball via sticking his head up #65's arse had nothing to do with wr talent...:cool:

SAR wants to take long showers with Sanchez. From reading JI, he's apparently notoriously bad at judging QB talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes