PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh...only in NY...the FRONT PAGE of Patriot Hater Central....

front122012.jpg

The kicker at the bottom of the page identifies this story as an "exclusive." I'm surprised Fox News and CNN haven't picked up on it ... Ohhhh, I get it! Fantasy fodder for those legions of basement-dwelling Jets fans.

I'm sorry but I don't believe a word of any of this.
I'll bet anyone a large coffee that Sanchez is starting for the Jets next year.
Their only hopes are:
  • they find someone stupid and desperate enough to trade him to
  • cut him, and hope they find enough desperate FA's that they can fill out their roster on the super-cheapo (oh, and don't forget a QB or three!)
  • they get their sugar daddy Goodell to raise the cap for 2013 or give them some sort of sweetheart exemption
Guess which one is the most likely. :bricks:

But yeah, outside of those possibilities, they're stuck with Sanchez like a case of herpes.

Last edited:
Great news for fans around the league:

Everything that I’ve learned at this position in this league has been from Mark,” McElroy said, in comments distributed by the Jets’ PR staff. “He’s the guy that I’ve seen every day. Every day that I’ve been an NFL player, I’ve been looking up to him. I’ve been observing him and trying to follow after his lead. I’ve been watching him. I understand how to play this game because of him.”

McElroy: Everything I know about playing QB I learned from Sanchez | ProFootballTalk

This gif on JI was supposed to be indisputable evidence that Sanchez was a victim of a bad snap casting blame for the turnover on Mangold.

sanchez.gif

All I see is a low manageable snap that Sanchez catches and then drops on the ground as if it were a giant hot potato...:confused2:

They might have to throw in Revis if they want any team to even remotely consider a trade for Sanchez. Sanchez has some clipboard holding skills and Revis would be an asset for many teams.

Revis plus a year's supply of NY's best bagels, pizza and canolis. Seriously, I don't see any team other than Sanchez' alma mata USC picking him up to help them as an assistant coach/scout. The guy is damaged goods much like Ryan Leaf and will soon be out of the NFL. I don't think he's good enough to be a back up let alone a starter. At least Tebow has some size and speed and can possibly be converted to a FB/TE for a team in the NFL.

Butt Fumble has ruined Mark Sanchez

He's always been bad.

But the butt fumble. The dreaded butt fumble. Sanchez must still be having nightmares about that play. His confidence is completely GONE. I think he has post-traumatic stress disorder after the butt fumble. Every time he drops back now, he's worried about a big green ass hitting him in the face.

He's more nervous in the pocket than ever before. Threw 4 INT's against the lowly Titans, and is now being benched and talked about being traded to a team that needs a back up.

11923946-large.jpg

elite-daily-mark-sanchez-fumble.jpg

Chalk up another Jets Top 10 pick that turned out to be a bust. Chalk up another USC QB bust. Sanchez is done. He will be forever remembered for the butt fumble. It was the DEFINING play of his career. NFL Network keeps showing the butt fumble when they talk about Jets QB problems.

There is "The Catch".... "The Immaculate Reception"... and now Jet fans have there very own legendary play. The Butt Fumble.

Last edited:
Re: Butt Fumble has ruined Mark Sanchez

No, his work ethic and inability to comprehend did all that on its own.

Re: Butt Fumble has ruined Mark Sanchez

No, his work ethic and inability to comprehend did all that on its own.

Yes. I think it's more accurate to say the buttfumble was a defining moment summing up his body of work. it wasn't a fluke so much as an result of accumulated bad habits.

That said you can almost — and I emphasize almost — feel bad for the guy. Hard to imagine a more embarrassing play, even worse than a pick six in the Super Bowl. But if he had enough focus to remember what play HE HAD JUST CALLED it never would have happened.

Last edited:
Ruined Can't-chise and Firemen Ed's careers on the same night. Oh what a joyous Thanksgiving this year was:)

So the Jets are either going to start McElroy in 2013 or trade low (hopefully high :D ) for Vick, A. Smith, or Flynn. I think they could be a 10-6/11-5 team with Smith at QB, but hopefully they get Vick, it would be an epic disaster I'd love to watch.

Last edited:
What's hurt Sanchez

1. Immaturity coming out of college too early
2. Modest physical talents compared to other 1st round QBs
3. Fragile football psyche atypical of self confident QBs
4. Mediocre IQ, especially football IQ
5. Slacker work ethic compared to the elite QBs
6. Mediocre work habits not addressed by coaching staff who conversely spent effort shielding fragile psyche from (needed) criticism
7. Distraction of NYC media and biggest city lifestyle (see 1, too immature to overcome)
8. Lack of competition in training camp to motivate better personal preparation
9. inept offensive coaching and player development
10. Toxic team culture (i.e. simply being a Jet) exacerbated by buffoon HC

This "Perfect Storm" has combined to make his on field performance deteriorate rather than improve. No wonder when you think about the above list.

Last edited:
This gif on JI was supposed to be indisputable evidence that Sanchez was a victim of a bad snap casting blame for the turnover on Mangold.

sanchez.gif

All I see is a low manageable snap that Sanchez catches and then drops on the ground as if it were a giant hot potato...:confused2:

Gawd I hate having to defend the Sanchize in a Rats suck thread, but if the RB (Powell?) doesn't kick the ball, then he probably DOES fall on the ball and maintain possession.

Last edited:
What's hurt Sanchez

6. Mediocre work habits not addressed by coaching staff who conversely spent effort shielding fragile psyche from (needed) criticism
7. Distraction of NYC media and biggest city lifestyle (see 1, too immature to overcome)

This "Perfect Storm" has combined to make his on field performance deteriorate rather than improve. No wonder when you think about the above list.

Can't help but think that Sanchez could spend 20 hours studying tape, and come away with it with less than Brady or Peyton would studying for 2 hours.

Gawd I hate having to defend the Sanchize in a Rats suck thread, but if the RB (Powell?) doesn't kick the ball, then he probably DOES fall on the ball and maintain possession.

We got us a Jets-lover here, boys.

What's hurt Sanchez

I'd add one more thing: Having his team freakishly sneak into the AFCCG his first two years either overshadowed or exacerbated each item on that list.

Even today I hear Breer on the radio saying the Jets can't shake up management because their leadership got them to the AFCCG two years in a row. Yeah, you go on thinking that and we'll keep enjoying the show.

Last edited:
We got us a Jets-lover here, boys.

You could also consider that rather than defending the Sanchize, I was just pointing out the elaborate "synchronized suckage" that the Rats were able to flawlessly execute.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick