PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tell me a story about Marcus Mariota...

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming no QB falls to 15 and even if there is one available I think Mariota offers a lower floor and still has upside.

His contract is a steal, 3.5 M.

Pretty much a steal for pick 46 IMO

Not worth it. Mariota is not that good and not much of an upgrade over Cam. He's not really a starter in this league and any resources on him is a waste.

Why would the Raiders trade someone they just signed to a new contract?

A team that wanted Mariota to compete for their starting job just had to wink in his general direction to tell him to refuse a pay cut. Then the Raiders would have cut him (they admitted as much) and he would have been free to sign elsewhere without any trade compensation.

Instead he accepted a $7M pay cut and lowered his potential incentives by more than half. Doesn’t sound like a player in demand.

So there, I am, with the Tennessee Titans, formerly the Houston Oilers, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Marcus wouldn't go on stage that afternoon. So, Jeff Fisher pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Corey Davis, and Derrick Henry, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Marcus took the field and went 11/27 with 2 picks because he's not actually that good.

He has a no trade clause as part of his reworked deal with Las Vegas.

He used to leave practice at Oregon with energy bars and bottled water to give to the roadside panhandlers.

He is a Raider and won't be a Pat. The End.

Tell me a story about Marcus Mariota...​

There once was a prospect named Marcus Mariota.
A lot of people thought he would be an excellent starting QB in the NFL.
Then they watched him play games in that league, and realized that he wouldn't....

Assuming no QB falls to 15 and even if there is one available I think Mariota offers a lower floor and still has upside.

His contract is a steal, 3.5 M.

Pretty much a steal for pick 46 IMO
Lower floor is bad, means he can be worse. You probably meant to say higher floor. The $3.5m is if he does nothing. If he starts and hits incentives it can go up to $8m, which is still a bargain for a starting QB. But you’d still only get him for one season at that cost, for a QB who is not familiar with this system, and then you’d have to pay him even more to stay beyond this year. Whereas a QB drafted in the second round is younger with more upside and less tread on the tires, would cost significantly less money and be cost controlled for four years. I’d rather keep the 46.

So there, I am, with the Tennessee Titans, formerly the Houston Oilers, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Marcus wouldn't go on stage that afternoon. So, Jeff Fisher pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Corey Davis, and Derrick Henry, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Marcus took the field and went 11/27 with 2 picks because he's not actually that good.
Oh man, you had me hanging off the edge of my seat...

======
Mariota has ONE playoff win...just sayin' (ducks)

And I say trot Cam out there..and if he just doesn't have it by week 3...try Stiddy...then trade for MM after week 5. I think Vegas would take a 3rd for him by then.

Tell me a story about Marcus Mariota...​

Ok...here you go. The Story about Marcus Mariota...Page 1...Marcus Mariota Sucks.....The End​

There was a young man named Marcus
who liked Emerson Lake & Palmer's album, Tarkus
Quarterback is the position he wants to play
so in Las Vegas he must stay
because the Pats don't need his carcass

*Record scratch*
*Freeze frame*

1619082849556.png

“Oh. Hey! You’re probably wondering how I got here...”

Oh man, you had me hanging off the edge of my seat...

======
Mariota has ONE playoff win...just sayin' (ducks)

And I say trot Cam out there..and if he just doesn't have it by week 3...try Stiddy...then trade for MM after week 5. I think Vegas would take a 3rd for him by then.
I think the problem is if they go into the season with Cam and Stidham as the top two guys, that Cam is going to get a longer chance than just the first three weeks. The fact that Stidham didn’t get a chance late in the year even with the season officially lost tells volumes about how BB felt about both QB’s.

If it gets to the point where BB feels he has no choice but to start Stidham, the season may already be a lost cause by that point and it would be better to preserve the draft pick than to throw it away on a rental. Very unlikely Mariota is saving anyone’s season especially if he’s thrust into it midway without much time to learn a new system.

If Mariota is going to be in this team’s plans, they need to make up their minds and bring him in much sooner than that, like June so he has time to practice with the team and learn the playbook.

Other thing to consider is the Raiders would likely have the leverage, and a third round pick may not be enough if the Raiders aren’t happy with who they’d have as Carr’s backup should Mariota be traded. The Raiders may have a case for keeping Mariota in case Carr isn’t available, which would make it harder to negotiate. If it once cost this team a second round pick to trade for a mediocre wide receiver during the season, imagine what a quarterback might cost. Whereas the Raiders may be more willing trade partners if they’re not in the middle of a season where they need the depth.

Last edited:
He is a BUST.

The End.

Tell me a story about Marcus Mariota...

Ok...here you go. The Story about Marcus Mariota...Page 1...Marcus Mariota Sucks.....The End​

I heard that they're coming out with a sequel... Marcus Mariota Still Sucks

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back