PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stunningly OT: US - Russia Hockey Game - Best Ever

Tuuka!!!

OK, the US took care of business its the US versus Canada (twice) tomorrow!

It would be a bad day in Cananda if they lost to both the US men and women on the same day.

Us - Canada mens is on Friday, women's on thursday.

Should be a dandy tomorrow.

Go Canada!!!

I didn't see the game but read that Russian fans in the arena were livid at the end, whistling and jeering (same as booing here) their own team. The Finnish fans on hand even tried to console them.

Russian fans call Olympic hockey loss a 'catastrophe,' blame NHL | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

“They change a jersey and go to the NHL and only think of their bank accounts,” Popov added. “They just ruin ice hockey. Not a single child dreams of hockey now. Only about money.”

Said Korovin: “I want my money back.”

:D

Should be a dandy tomorrow.

Go Canada!!!

Working from home so I can watch. It would be weird to wear my roots jacket in the office all day long :)

Go Canada!

"“They change a jersey and go to the NHL and only think of their bank accounts,” Popov added. “They just ruin ice hockey. Not a single child dreams of hockey now. Only about money.”

Said Korovin: “I want my money back.”

Yeah, money is the root of all evil.........says the citizen of a country that just started deadly riots in next-door Ukraine by bribing the Ukraine leader with $15 billion to go against his population's wishes to align with the EU.

Not to mention, spent more money on these shoddy Winter Olympics than all previous Winter Olympics COMBINED.

Good one, Mr. Popov whoever you are. You get borscht. :D

Perhaps, Mr Popov, it isn't about money - - it is about competence.

Me thinks there should be a friendly wager between the Canuck pats fans and the Americans!

If the US wins, the Canadian fans have to have the team USA emblem as their avatars until the draft and vice versa for Americans if Canadian wins. Deal?

Me thinks there should be a friendly wager between the Canuck pats fans and the Americans!

If the US wins, the Canadian fans have to have the team USA emblem as their avatars until the draft and vice versa for Americans if Canadian wins. Deal?

Emperor Commodus disagrees.

tumblr_msth2u7L3D1shabqvo1_400.gif

Could have put up the Jack Nicholson middle finger GIF but went with this instead. Am I not merciful?

BOOOOOO Canada sucks! go USA!!!!!!!!!

Emperor Commodus disagrees.

tumblr_msth2u7L3D1shabqvo1_400.gif

Could have put up the Jack Nicholson middle finger GIF but went with this instead. Am I not merciful?

Lol who's that?

Just a friendly wager , if no-one down for it no biggie

In the immortal words of the Jerky Boys, 'You got it, punk!'

well......the russian coach has raised the bar even for BB in future post-game losses:

Q: What future, if any, do you see for your own work and for your coaching staff? Because, you know, your predecessor was eaten alive after the Olympics—
A: Well then, eat me alive right now—

Q: No, I mean—

A: Eat me, and I won't be here anymore.

Q: But we have the world championship coming up!

A: Well then, there will be a different coach because I won't exist any more, since you will have eaten me.

Lol who's that?

You must see Gladiator. The villain portrayed in that movie gets under your skin like few others. By the end of the movie, you effin hate that guy. Brilliant performance by Joaquin Phoenix.

You must see Gladiator. The villain portrayed in that movie gets under your skin like few others. By the end of the movie, you effin hate that guy. Brilliant performance by Joaquin Phoenix.

Smile for me now, brother. :D

In the immortal words of the Jerky Boys, 'You got it, punk!'

Saul Rosenberg: I'll bring my shoes and my glasses....................so I have them

I just can't work up any hate for Canada.

Russia? Yup.

But Canada is like the St Louis Cardinals after beating the Yankees in the ALCS in 2004.

It just isn't there.

Now, if you said "Montreal Canadiens", then THAT would be different.

Lol who's that?

Just a friendly wager , if no-one down for it no biggie

If you have not seen Gladiator, then you have not been entertained.

Note to self. .... I'll watch Gladiator

If anyone in is interested we will be watching the US/Canada game at the Banshee Bar a 934 Dorchester Ave on Friday at noon. We had about 50 today, 50 on Sunday and 150 for the Russia game.

And same goes for either the Bronze Medal (Sat 10am) or Gold Medal (Sun 7am).

Is the Banshee near Field's Cornah?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back