PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Smith: "I hate to admit it, but the Patriots staff ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a great player no doubt about it, but something's telling me his trash talker and get-in-your-face attitude would not have sat well with BB.

I remember a few years ago when Steve Smith was still with the Panthers and we had Aqib Talib. Steven said something or did something early in the game to aggravate Aqib and that really threw him off of his game and I believe drew a penalty or two. At the time some of us on this board were not happy but looking back that was clever. ;)

Steve Smith is a punk. I could not care less what he has to say about the Patriots, good or bad. Doesn't change the fact that he's a child in an old man's body.

I want to believe that the narrative about the Pats is slowly changing to one of begrudging respect. Sustained excellence will eventually do that. The haters run out of excuses and alternative explanations. A SB win this year would be special and important.

I remember a few years ago when Steve Smith was still with the Panthers and we had Aqib Talib. Steven said something or did something early in the game to aggravate Aqib and that really threw him off of his game and I believe drew a penalty or two. At the time some of us on this board were not happy but looking back that was clever. ;)

Yeah, Talib took himself out of the game. Great quote from Smith. It will never be forgotten.

200_s.gif

Here's the actual clip: Steve Smith to Aqib Talib: 'Ice up, son'

It may be like me and fandom of Michael Jordan......

I was young and just getting into basketball in 1993 when Jordan was already a two time champ. As the champ, I was rooting for someone to beat the Bulls. After all, who doesn't like a good underdog story?

Well, he beat the Suns, then the Sonics, oh and the Jazz twice. I was disappointed each time, but at the end of the period I couldn't help but look at the bigger picture and say "wow, that guy sure was damn good." Now after the fact I celebrate his success instead of being disappointed by it. In fact, I've learned to appreciate him more in retirement in which I've since purchased my fair share of Jordan dvds.

The same sort of goes for the Blackhawks. They beat the Bruins so I should be pissed at them, but I can't help but respect their three cup run in recent history.

You can root against someone but at some point with continued success you can't help but tip your cap.

Sorry but Steve Smith and Jordan have nothing in common. And as good as the Blackhawks run was I don't think they were that dominant or had a great player like Jordan (who is likely the best basketball player in NBA history). We can relate to Jordan since we have the GOAT at the QB position. If you want to compare Jordan to hockey then you probably missed out on the Great One and his Oilers in the 80's. That's when Air Jordan came on the scene as well. Those were some good ole' days in sports, in Boston as well. Too bad the B's ran into those Oilers or they'd have an extra cup.

I apologize if you were referring to something completely different.

I started off disliking Steve Smith.

Next I disliked Steve Smith and respected him.

I still respect him like crazy, but now I like him.

Of all the players in the league, he's the one I most wish played for the Patriots.

I started off disliking Steve Smith.

Next I disliked Steve Smith and respected him.

I still respect him like crazy, but now I like him.

Of all the players in the league, he's the one I most wish played for the Patriots.

I think he's absolutely one of those guys that you hate because he's on the other team, but man you would love him if he played for yours.

Here's the video for those lazy folk ;):

Hilariously delivered by Smith. Words and concepts come alive.
“Dagger? Well, I'm the dagger! .. And so you're running a route and go 'Joe you better not throw this ball..“
Thanks.

IMO: SSSr was one tough SOB and very talented. Wished we'd had him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes