PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers - Titans TNF

Looking forward to the matchup and seeing how much Pitt uses man/hybrid with frequent blitzes. Hopefully if the score turns out the wrong way they give BB/JM plenty of film on what needs to be corrected for the theoretical playoff matchup.
Yeah, I think there will be plenty of hype over the next month for the mid-Dec game, but the way the AFC currently looks, they may be destined for a rematch in January.

Even if Tomlin has his troops ready for the first game, which I think is totally possible, it’s highly doubtful that they’re beating NE in both games. Look, I hate Pittsburgh more than any other team in the NFL. I hate their fan base, their coach, their loudmouth arrogant players, everything about them. I’m not wishing to necessarily play the role of forum contrarian as it pertains to this game. I think the odds should be 60/40 NE, even with the scheduling differences. I just think the argument of “we own them” is a bit played out, that’s all. That said and as you pointed out—our record has been quite successful and that is a check in the “positive” column, at least to some degree.

You bring up the offense versus their defense, but I’m thinking the other matchup may be more important. I think my concern is in 2 areas: 1) what I deem as a potential area of exploitation in Bell versus our front seven, and 2) the inconsistent play of Malcolm Butler, particularly versus speedier, shiftier WRs, and one way or another he’s facing one in Brown, Smith-Schuster (who has really come on lately), or Bryant. How will the defense adjust to try and slow down Bell while also staying with those 3 speedy threats, and where does a guy like Stephon Gilmore fit in this gameplan? It should be noted that he’s still having some communication issues in terms of who takes who, as seen in the DEN game on the Demarius Thomas TD with his lengthy on field discussion with Harmon. If we are going to play more zone than usual which is what Im expecting, it’s something to keep an eye on.

People also keep pointing to the “struggles” of their offense, but they fail to account for their differences on the road vs. at Heinz field, where’s there’s always been a fairly large gap. Aside from the game vs. JAX (terrific defense), they’ve put up 26, 29, and 40 at home this year, which is consistent with Roethlisberger’s career stats.

As stated by others, Haden is expected to be back by the beginning of December, while the Patriots game isn’t until 12/17. But who cares about Haden when you have Burns (first rounder) and Davis (second rounder) to pair with him. The decision to play more man coverage was also the reason why they retained Mitchell and moved on from ****rell. Brady and company may once again prove how much better they are, but there shouldn’t be much debate about Pittsburgh improving their secondary.

Also, your statement that they haven’t been playing more man coverage is incorrect, as I just watched a segment about it. It seems as though your opinion of an easy victory is based on nothing more than past games, and that you aren’t really interested in discussing any actual matchups/advantages/disadvantages of the upcoming game.

Steelers have played a ton of zone defense this year. Watch the games.

Artie Burns is an average corner at best, very limited coverage skills

I think there is debate if they have improved there secondary when they are untested vs an elite offense and there number one corner has an injury that might keep him out of week 15

Lastly. Tomlin is a very overrated head coach. He’s awful with the Xs and Os. Expect him to bring another terrible game plans vs the patriots

I would dispute that. However, your vast personal experience at being a dumbazz makes you a unique judge for that.

You’re mad?

I’m left to assume that the only reason you would watch a fixed sport, then, is because it serves as a bonding thing between you and your moron kid. Maybe you can further that bond when you introduce him to the family plumbing business.

I think there is debate if they have improved there secondary when they are untested vs an elite offense and there number one corner has an injury that might keep him out of week 15
Haden is their number one CB, and Artie Burns isn’t any good? Lol. Haden has been a good example of their personnel changes in order to try and play more man coverage, but he’s a fringe player at best. I probably wouldn’t even be discussing him aside from the fact that a bunch of posters keep bringing his injury up. He’s a nice experienced addition and he pushes guys like Gay further down the line. That’s been his main benefit. He’s a serviceable enough CB2.

And I’m stuck watching their games and listening to their ******** sports radio every week, dude. I disagree with the fact that they haven’t played anyone, though. They looked pretty good limiting KC to 13 points and 250 total yards of offense, and they’ve been the one and only team in the league this year that shut Kareem Hunt down.

Tomlin is a very overrated head coach. He’s awful with the Xs and Os. Expect him to bring another terrible game plans vs the patriots
This is what most of us are banking on. We’ll see if Tomlin learned any lessons or not this time around.

To say that the league’s #2 defense hasn’t improved upon last year is borderline ridiculous, though. That doesn’t even make any sense. Everyone talked about how ****ty their defense was last year and now they went out and made some moves showing that they’ve obviously improved. I tend to give credit where credit is due.

It still probably won’t be enough to beat Brady and Belichick, but they’re a more formidable foe this time around. I’m not even sure why you’d debate that?

Haden is their number one CB, and Artie Burns isn’t any good? Lol. Haden has been a good example of their personnel changes in order to try and play more man coverage, but he’s a fringe player at best. I probably wouldn’t even be discussing him aside from the fact that a bunch of posters keep bringing his injury up. He’s a nice experienced addition and he pushes guys like Gay further down the line. That’s been his main benefit. He’s a serviceable enough CB2.

And I’m stuck watching their games and listening to their ******** sports radio every week, dude. I disagree with the fact that they haven’t played anyone, though. They looked pretty good limiting KC to 13 points and 250 total yards of offense, and they’ve been the one and only team in the league this year that shut Kareem Hunt down.

Kc doesn’t have an elite offense. Alex Smith is average. Did u watch the chiefs offense today vs the hapless giants?

Why you laughing at my Artie burns comment? Go to the Steeler boards. There are threads “burns is not that good”. Steelers fans think he is very limited in what he can do in coverage

Haden has a broken fibula. Serious injury

This is what most of us are banking on. We’ll see if Tomlin learned any lessons or not this time around.

To say that the league’s #2 defense hasn’t improved upon last year is borderline ridiculous, though. That doesn’t even make any sense. Everyone talked about how ****ty their defense was last year and now they went out and made some moves showing that they’ve obviously improved. I tend to give credit where credit is due.

It still probably won’t be enough to beat Brady and Belichick, but they’re a more formidable foe this time around. I’m not even sure why you’d debate that?

Actually i can bank on there overrated secondary. At least you overrate there secondary. It’s not that good

Actually i can bank on there overrated secondary. At least you overrate there secondary. It’s not that good
The point isn't about how good they are, it’s that they’ve made good improvement upon their recent struggles. If you don’t see that then I suppose we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Kc doesn’t have an elite offense. Alex Smith is average.
First, Pittsburgh’s defense hasn’t shown improvement upon the last couple of seasons, and now Smith is average and KC’s offense isn’t any good based on one close game in NY?

They’re top 5 in both points and yards, and Alex Smith was in the MVP conversation as of a week or two ago, and Hunt is still in it now. Smith, Hunt, Hill, and Kelce have all looked very good this year. How would you dispute that? They came to Foxborough and scored the most points ever against a Belichick coached team.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back