PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers - Titans TNF

Ah, now I understand why mediocre superhero movies keep glutting the market!

I'm a sucker for anything related to D.C., really. That said, they should have released Snyder from his duties a long time ago, gone in a different direction, and gave each character his or her own origin story (ala Wonder Woman) before rushing into Justice League.

Ah, now I understand why mediocre superhero movies keep glutting the market!

Marvel's putting out (mostly) good movies. You just have to ignore the politics and enjoy the show.
DC's putting out (mostly) steaming piles of garbage.
Fox is very hit or miss.
Universal completely screwed up its monster universe by rushing The Mummy on a bad script and with a bad casting job for the original villain, which wasn't actually the originally scripted villain.

So it's pretty easy to work the maze. You just have to have some critics you trust, and significantly lower expectations, if the movie's not from Marvel.

Some of you people are ridiculous. The Broncos **** themselves against the Patriots, and that was 100% about the Patriots dominating. The Titans **** themselves against the Steelers, and that was 0% about the Steelers dominating.

rofl.gif

Fair enough. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I still don't think either team will beat the Patriots, however.

Marvel's putting out (mostly) good movies. You just have to ignore the politics and enjoy the show.
DC's putting out (mostly) steaming piles of garbage.
Fox is very hit or miss.
Universal completely screwed up its monster universe by rushing The Mummy on a bad script and with a bad casting job for the original villain, which wasn't actually the originally scripted villain.

So it's pretty easy to work the maze. You just have to have some critics you trust, and significantly lower expectations, if the movie's not from Marvel.

My expectations are rock bottom for "Justice League" now. That's why I'm seeing it in IMAX to pump up any potential entertainment value with a comfortable recliner that shakes with explosions and such.

My expectations are rock bottom for "Justice League" now. That's why I'm seeing it in IMAX to pump up any potential entertainment value with a comfortable recliner that shakes with explosions and such.

The DCU had a god losing a fight to someone's creaky old grandfather with toys, because the god wouldn't just blast the old bastard, who's goal was clearly to kill him, to oblivion. The god had already been forced to kill a noble (albeit PTSD damaged) super warrior from his own people, and offing a psychopathic killer from a distance would have done the entire world a favor without causing the god any harm, but that would have been too sensible, and so there would need to have been better script work to avoid that setup. Then, to top it off, the creaky old psychopath suddenly finds Jesus when he discovers that the god's mommy has the same name as his mommy.

And they followed that up with Suicide Squad.

Now they are apparently batting .250, which is only that high because I'm not counting Cavill's Superman solo against the DCU.

The DCU is all but dead to me, at this point.

I love the fact this team is this good on the road. I remember it was just a few years ago where they were anything but.

Sure they might not win every time but I don’t worry about this team playing anyone on the road. Pittsburgh or wherever. Yes even the Chiefs.

QB rating rankings for the 5 QBs left on the Steelers schedule that aren't Brady

#35 - Kizer
#34 - Savage
#33 - Hundley
#31 - Flacco
#18 - Dalton

I should tell myself just to wait for our matchup and focus on that but I'm most likely going to get suckered in and painfully experience rooting for the trash above

I also keep getting "Brett Hundley" mixed up with "Ryan Lindley" and there's really not much difference.

QB rating rankings for the 5 QBs left on the Steelers schedule that aren't Brady

#35 - Kizer
#34 - Savage
#33 - Hundley
#31 - Flacco
#18 - Dalton

I should tell myself just to wait for our matchup and focus on that but I'm most likely going to get suckered in and painfully experience rooting for the trash above

I also keep getting "Brett Hundley" mixed up with "Ryan Lindley" and there's really not much difference.
I brought up their Charmin soft schedule back in the summer and some here scoffed, but sometimes playing lousy teams allows you to work through issues while you’re building upon it and gaining momentum. Luck, scheduling, injuries, etc all play a big role in winning the SB, as we know.

Of course, their soft schedule may also prove to be their downfall, too, once they run into some actual competition. We’ve seen that happen, too. Since the Steelers have rebuilt, the teams they’ve struggled against happened because the opposition played good defense, so I think our defense is the wildcard. People keep pointing to our offense as what will win the game for us, but I disagree. I don’t see how Pittsburgh doesn’t slow us down this time around.

Soft schedule or not, they have the #2 rated defense in points and the #3 in yards allowed. They’ve kept their foes to 18 or less in 8/10 games. Starting 3 first round picks at LB + having Heyward and Tuitt in your front seven go a long way, and having a first and second rounder in the secondary (plus Haden) is helping them play good man coverage.

I brought up their Charmin soft schedule back in the summer and some here scoffed, but sometimes playing lousy teams allows you to work through issues while you’re building upon it and gaining momentum. Luck, scheduling, injuries, etc all play a big role in winning the SB, as we know.

Of course, their soft schedule may also prove to be their downfall, too, once they run into some actual competition. We’ve seen that happen, too. Since the Steelers have rebuilt, the teams they’ve struggled against happened because the opposition played good defense, so I think our defense is the wildcard. People keep pointing to our offense as what will win the game for us, but I disagree. I don’t see how Pittsburgh doesn’t slow us down this time around.

Soft schedule or not, they have the #2 rated defense in points and the #3 in yards allowed. They’ve kept their foes to 18 or less in 8/10 games. Starting 3 first round picks at LB + having Heyward and Tuitt in your front seven go a long way, and having a first and second rounder in the secondary (plus Haden) is helping them play good man coverage.

"Starting 3 first round picks at LB"

We have Van Noy, Roberts and Harris. So what's your point?

Seriously, their D looks good, however, my hunch is the Patriots will have success against them if the OL's pass protection puts in a performance like they did against Denver. We've been down this road before -- going up against a highly touted Pitt D only to exploit it. I'm hoping to see that tradition carry on.

Pitt's offense has some decent numbers overall but their points per game is middling (22.7), their yards per carry is notably below average, Big Ben is an unimpressive 13 TDS/8 INTs and they are kicking FGs vs scoring TDs slightly above league average.

They barely beat Detroit, barely beat Indy, got beat by the notably unimpressive Bears, got beat pretty good by Jax.

I'm not suggesting Pitt isn't good (they are either the first or second best team in the AFC). They have won 5 in a row and that's a notable accomplishment in itself (fyi, the Patriots have allowed less points than Pitt over the last 5 games). But I don't yet see a significant trending upward in their play. So we'll see how the game works out in mid December but as both teams stand right now, I believe our A game beats their A game (spoken like a true Patriots colored glasses fan :))

"Starting 3 first round picks at LB"

We have Van Noy, Roberts and Harris. So what's your point?

Seriously, their D looks good, however, my hunch is the Patriots will have success against them if the OL's pass protection puts in a performance like they did against Denver. We've been down this road before -- going up against a highly touted Pitt D only to exploit it. I'm hoping to see that tradition carry on.

Pitt's offense has some decent numbers overall but their points per game is middling (22.7), their yards per carry is notably below average, Big Ben is an unimpressive 13 TDS/8 INTs and they are kicking FGs vs scoring TDs slightly above league average.

They barely beat Detroit, barely beat Indy, got beat by the notably unimpressive Bears, got beat pretty good by Jax.

I'm not suggesting Pitt isn't good (they are either the first or second best team in the AFC). They have won 5 in a row and that's a notable accomplishment in itself (fyi, the Patriots have allowed less points than Pitt over the last 5 games). But I don't yet see a significant trending upward in their play. So we'll see how the game works out in mid December but as both teams stand right now, I believe our A game beats their A game (spoken like a true Patriots colored glasses fan :))
Oh, I believe our A game beats their A game almost every single time, but I also think their defense is much improved, and that their development of yet another rookie wideout in addition to their 2 other ones + Bell has the potential to be problematic.

I still think we’re looking at anywhere between a 55-60 percent chance of going there and winning, even with their home streak (playing 4/5 at Heinz) and our away streak (5/6 on the road), but this idea that “they may be able to win if we play a terrible game” may be a bit optimistic. That said, I don’t ever take any competition lightly, so that’s where part of my reservation comes from. I think the gap narrows when you throw good teams/playoff teams into the mix. This isn’t the Chargers or Jets or Broncos or Bucs. I’m just wondering if they don’t end up playing twice from mid-Dec on.

I guess I just find it ironic that the “we own Pittsburgh” (except for 2004, 2008, and 2011) argument somehow holds water here, but people chose to totally ignore the historic struggles of going to Mile High, saying that each year is different. You can’t really have it both ways. It’s a bit homerish for me, but sometimes logic doesn’t apply on fan site messageboards. I guess I'd be more at ease if we saw some stats that pointed towards Pittsburgh’s struggles in the secondary, run game, etc. Ben hasn’t looked the same away from Heinz field where they started the year in 6/9 games, but he’s always been much better at home, so I’m expecting some improved offensive production to balance out a mediocre start, much like we saw last night. In the end, I still think we win. I’m just not sure if that’s in Dec or Jan. I also think that they’ll get upset by someone prior to the mid-Dec game, since they play down to sub-.500 teams.

Oh no! So the sport is fixed by the schedule makers now!? Remind me again why you're still watching, then?

Right on cue

Tweetledumber appears.

Based on an historical, statistical review of NFL scheduling....exactly how many 3 game/ 5 of 6 road trips have there been with the final of three coming after a Monday night game?

They’ve got the #2 points allowed defense and are #3 in yards allowed. 8/10 games this year have seen them limit their opposition to 18 points or less. Their defense is most definitely improved.

They have a QB who has been to the SB 3x, the best WR in football, and probably the best RB, too. Their offensive line is one of the best in the game (something that people don’t mention here). They have Smith-Schuster as a legitimate threat and still have Martavis Bryant. To say that they’ve “got a chance” would be an understatement in my opinion. The reality is that they probably have something close to 45% chance or so, which is almost half.

Why is having the best WR and RB so profound when like that offense like ya know.........can't score?

Pittsburgh has had superior defenses in the recent past that struggled to keep less talented Pats offenses to 40 points. The logic of extrapolating the Bengals to Brady is rather specious.

However, if it makes you feel better.

Right on cue

Tweetledumber appears.

Based on an historical, statistical review of NFL scheduling....exactly how many 3 game/ 5 of 6 road trips have there been with the final of three coming after a Monday night game?
So, if it’s fixed and even the schedule makers are even in on it, why are you still watching? You’re either a sucker or you don’t really believe what you just spewed in this thread. So which one is it?

Though of course a few weeks ago that list of QBs would have included Rodgers and Watson and looked a lot more intimidating. As you note, luck playsa huge factor. A fully healthy Texans team may have been the best team in the AFC, but the fully healthy Texans team never existed this season and they've lost 3 of their 5 best players for the season.

Can we talk for a minute about how great Antonio Brown is? He's already in the conversation for the best wide receivers of all-time and dominates his era the way Rice, Moss, and Calvin Johnson dominated theirs.

...Can we talk for a minute about how great Antonio Brown is? He's already in the conversation for the best wide receivers of all-time and dominates his era the way Rice, Moss, and Calvin Johnson dominated theirs.
He's also a world-class Piece of ****.

Brady owns Pittsburgh and he knows it. Big Ben knows it too "They are our big brother"

And, STILL, Brady is not undefeated against the Steelers.
True but I think his only loss in 2004, on the road with some key injuries. Pit beat them in 2008 with Brady on IR.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back