PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers - Titans TNF

So focused on The Punisher and Justice League I forgot there was a game last night.

So focused on The Punisher and Justice League I forgot there was a game last night.
LOL, Justice League has a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes. Will I be seeing it in IMAX later on today anyway? Sure will.

Marcus Smart is killing me though. But Jaylen Brown is gonna be one of those stars we remember 20 years from now.

Marcus Smart can rebound - pass and play D but he's a habitual Brick Layer. Contract year for him, he won't be getting Big Bucks shooting 23% from the floor. That said Bradley is having a career year in Detroit. I kinda wish we had Traded him instead of Bradley oh well.

Objectively......does anyone see either team within two scores of the Pats?

The one concept that's interesting is the idea of the Steelers secondary playing man.

Can they play man coverage or can they play man against a Patriots offense.?

I don't think it'll make any difference for us IMO. We will score on them.

In the recent past, the key to beating them was making Ben throw the ball. His WR corps are complete this year compared to one year ago (Brown/Smith-Schuster/Bryant).

Gilmore on Bryant, Rowe on Smith-Schuster, Butler on Brown with safety help over the top?

I bet a lot of media members are on the squealers bandwagon this morning. Their schedule has been so soft.

After seeing the game here are my thoughts. Not a very impressive 40-17 win. It seemed to me the Titans mostly beat themselves. I will give the Steelers D credit to a degree but a lot of this was IMO Tennessee not being that good and "a case of the Thursdays" I guess I'd call it.

Lets look at the points scored for Pitt.

7 points - A free play jump ball for 41 yards that was badly defended.

3 points - badly overthrown ball gets picked off and is returned inside of FG range (worth noting the Steelers got 1 yard in 5 plays after the pick)

3 points - another badly thrown ball is picked off though not as bad a the first. A decent play had to be made to get it but the ball hung up there. After the return Pitt in 7 plays got 10 yards and kicks a FG... so the offense didn't do much again.

3 points - They went 35 yards to get into FG range. Pitt Was lucky a fumble didn't blow it for them.

7 points - This was an okay 75 yard drive. It should be pointed out though they were helped out by a roughing the passer call that turned what would have been a 3rd and 10 into a 1st down at the 16. Also on this drive Bell got 15 yards or so that should have been 5 if not for horrible defense. Still this was an okay 75 yard drive.

7 points - A good 75 yard TD drive. The defense that gave up that 20 yard pass on 3rd and 10 was horrible... Bryant was left ALL ALONE. Still this was a good drive and their best of the game. They earned these points no doubt.

7 points - 51 yards on 3 plays that counted (and a penalty PI play) but Ididn't find it impressive. Brown got an easy 20+ to start on a wide open catch. A DPI for 13 more and this drive was pretty much over. Brown did make an amazing TD catch though. I'll give him that.

3 points - a 44 yard drive that started at just about mid field. It was an okay drive but given such a good starting spot made it less impressive.

That is all 40 points scored.

I would say of these points 16-19 were pretty much a gift with 24-21 points being earned to various degrees. But really they only had 2 drives I would say that were well executed all game against a pretty bad defense.

I still have the same opinion about the Steelers I did before the game especially their offense. They aren't turning any corners. They took advantage of a lot of breaks and bad play by a not ready for prime time team on Thursday night.

Now we will hear how their offense (which still isn't good) has finally got it together for weeks on end. Make no mistake though. This is still a case of a bad QB being carried by a good D but one Brady knows how to pick apart. Their offense won't score much on our D or any D that is decent.

Last edited:
After seeing the game here are my thoughts. Not a very impressive 40-17 win. It seemed to be the Titans mostly beat themselves. I will give the Steelers D credit to a degree but a lot of this was IMO Tennessee not being that good and "a case of the Thursdays" I guess i'd call it.

Lets look at the points scored for Pitt.

7 points - A free play jump ball for 41 yards that was badly defended.

3 points - badly overthrown ball gets picked off and is returned inside of FG range (worth noting the Steelers got 1 yard in 5 plays after the pick)

3 points - another badly thrown ball is picked off though not as bad a the first. A decent play had to be made but the ball hung up there. After the return Pitt in 7 plays get's 10 yards and kicks a FG... so the offense didn't do much again.

3 points - They went 35 yards to get into FG range. Were lucky a fumble didn't blow it for them.

7 points - This was an okay 75 yard drive. It should be pointed out though they were helped out by a roughing the passer call that turned what would have been a 3rd and 10 into a 1st down at the 16. Also on this drive Bell got 15 yards or so that should have been 5 is not for horrible defense. Still this was an okay 75 yard drive.

7 points - A good 75 yard TD drive. The defense that gave up that 20 yard pass on 3rd and 10 was horrible... Bryant was left ALL ALONE. Still this was a good drive and their best of the game. They earned these points no doubt.

7 points - 51 yards but i didn't find it impressive. Brown got an easy 20+ to start on a wide open catch. A DPI for 13 more and this drive was pretty much over. Brown did make an amazing TD catch though. I'll give him that.

3 points - a 44 yard drive that started at just about mid field. It was an okay drive but given such a good starting spot made it less impressive.

That is all 40 points scored.

I would say these 16-19 points were pretty much a gift with 24-21 points being earned to various degrees. But really they only had 2 drives I would say that were well executed all game very a pretty bad defense.

I still have the same opinion about the Steelers I did before the game especially their offense. They aren't turning any corners. They took advantage of a lot of breaks and bad play by a not ready for prime time team on Thursday night.

Now we will hear how their offense (which still isn't good) has finally got it together for weeks on end. Make no mistake though. This is still a case of a bad QB being carried by a good D but one Brady knows how to pick apart. Their offense won't score much on our D or any D that is decent.

I agree. This game was a blowout, but the Titans basically gave them the win. I've watched the last few games and Big Ben looks like he has regressed compared to last year, i can't see them beating us.

Neither team looks to threaten the Patriots for AFC supremacy.

Neither team looks to threaten the Patriots for AFC supremacy.

Agreed Pitt don't look like champs. They are finding ways to winning games though.

To speculate their chances is very difficult bc they have hardly been tested this season. It looks like cards are laid down for them this yr (not unlike Pats last year) - staying healthy and meeting opponents w struggles (no QB Browns, Vikings on transition from inj. Bradford w Keenum being just emergency manager at that game w no proper preparation, decimated Colts, Ravens and Bears (still managed to lose that one), underwhelming Bengals, Titans (couldn't understand any hype around them, so anaemic all year). The only tests were KC, JAX and DET. They know how to win KC, they were humiliated by JAX and dominated by DET outside last 5 yds.

Good health, good schedule, good luck takes you a long way in regular season.
They showed some toughness, they have potential so they have some chance.
Their only real test remaining are Pats so no way of knowing anything before that.
But if something happens to LVB or AB it seems its over..

Tunescribe, what's to disagree with? These events in my life really happened.

Some of you people are ridiculous. The Broncos **** themselves against the Patriots, and that was 100% about the Patriots dominating. The Titans **** themselves against the Steelers, and that was 0% about the Steelers dominating.

rofl.gif

Wow, Pittsburgh schedule it easy - only tough gm left was GB and no W no Rodgers....

Pats could end up #3 seed if they loose to Pittsburgh and Pitt and KC win out

Some of you people are ridiculous. The Broncos **** themselves against the Patriots, and that was 100% about the Patriots dominating. The Titans **** themselves against the Steelers, and that was 0% about the Steelers dominating.

rofl.gif
We certainly do need to take them seriously

rofl.gif
You're a little late with the numbnuts role in this thread.

"Dominating" is a transient condition. The reality is their "Domination" of Tennessee doesn't translate to dominating the Pats.

It's no accident the NFL gave them the final of three road games coming off a Monday game.

You're a little late with the numbnuts role in this thread.

"Dominating" is a transient condition. The reality is their "Domination" of Tennessee doesn't translate to dominating the Pats.

It's no accident the NFL gave them the final of three road games coming off a Monday game.

Oh no! So the sport is fixed by the schedule makers now!? Remind me again why you're still watching, then?

Agreed Pitt don't look like champs. They are finding ways to winning games though.

To speculate their chances is very difficult bc they have hardly been tested this season. It looks like cards are laid down for them this yr (not unlike Pats last year) - staying healthy and meeting opponents w struggles (no QB Browns, Vikings on transition from inj. Bradford w Keenum being just emergency manager at that game w no proper preparation, decimated Colts, Ravens and Bears (still managed to lose that one), underwhelming Bengals, Titans (couldn't understand any hype around them, so anaemic all year). The only tests were KC, JAX and DET. They know how to win KC, they were humiliated by JAX and dominated by DET outside last 5 yds.

Good health, good schedule, good luck takes you a long way in regular season.
They showed some toughness, they have potential so they have some chance.
Their only real test remaining are Pats so no way of knowing anything before that.
But if something happens to LVB or AB it seems its over..
They’ve got the #2 points allowed defense and are #3 in yards allowed. 8/10 games this year have seen them limit their opposition to 18 points or less. Their defense is most definitely improved.

They have a QB who has been to the SB 3x, the best WR in football, and probably the best RB, too. Their offensive line is one of the best in the game (something that people don’t mention here). They have Smith-Schuster as a legitimate threat and still have Martavis Bryant. To say that they’ve “got a chance” would be an understatement in my opinion. The reality is that they probably have something close to 45% chance or so, which is almost half.

They’ve got the #2 points allowed defense and are #3 in yards allowed. 8/10 games this year have seen them limit their opposition to 18 points or less. Their defense is most definitely improved.

They have a QB who has been to the SB 3x, the best WR in football, and probably the best RB, too. Their offensive line is one of the best in the game (something that people don’t mention here). They have Smith-Schuster as a legitimate threat and still have Martavis Bryant. To say that they’ve “got a chance” would be an understatement in my opinion. The reality is that they probably have something close to 45% chance or so, which is almost half.

They haven't faced great offenses. Assuming we beat the raiders it looks more likely that the game will come down to home field advantage. I am kind of hoping the chiefs start to drop games.

LOL, Justice League has a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes. Will I be seeing it in IMAX later on today anyway? Sure will.

Ah, now I understand why mediocre superhero movies keep glutting the market!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back