PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers board a place of bliss for me today

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn't. The knee I think you are looking at is Andrew's. Tough to see by just looking at a still shot but I watched it in slow motion on gamepass to verify.

His left elbow was down, no way he can be in the position without something being down.

"Those guys cheat!"

k-bigpic.jpg
Still blows my mind that the refs didn't award the Ravens a touchdown on that play. If the coach entering the field of play to assist in bringing down the returner isn't a palpably unfair act, what is?

Also disappointed that Jones didn't force the refs' hands by staying on course and absolutely steamrolling Tomlin. Lower your pads and just lay the **** into him - it's what he gets for being in the field of play, and nobody would have felt an ounce of sympathy for him. Would've forced the refs to make the call. It's the reputation Tomlin deserves.

I see a lot of posts in that Steelers forum about the refs screwing them over. I'm not trying to be Pats biased but I felt that the refs let both teams play (which I prefer). What exactly did we get away with?

Also, I can't believe several people on the Steelers forum thought that was a fumble. How can you not see Brady's elbow hit the ****ing ground?

To be fair, the same thing happens here after every playoff loss. There's always a subset of fans that will dissect every call that went against them, ignore every call/noncall that they benefited from, point out holding by the books against the other team while failing to do the same against their team, etc. etc. It's a universal thing, and no fanbase is innocent of it.

In this case, for the whole game the Steelers were getting away with running pick plays, the sort of stuff that's been called more aggressively against us, IMO, since we developed a reputation for it a couple years ago. Some of those completions where Eli Rogers was wide open with nobody within 3 yards of him were because the defender was picked, and when we run near-identical plays for Amendola it gets flagged pretty much every time. To this day, anytime Amendola catches a pass while wide open I wait for the flag rather than cheering, because it's always coming. If the Steelers had beaten us, this would absolutely be the topic that we'd be beating to death on this forum right now. At the same time, we'd have people screenshotting the moment of every borderline holding noncall that didn't go our way, and insisting that this was directly responsible for keeping us from scoring 14-35 more points. It's just part of the playoff-loss coping process.

Beating the Steelers is so much fun. In fact I just woke up to.....,,..You guessed it, the sweet steady pitter patter of the tears of Steeler Nation against my roof and windows.

Cry Steeler fans Cry

That's it, get it all out now. Patriot fans are your daddy and we are here for you. We're your safe place.

Cry me a river..in fact, cry me three rivers..the Alagony, the Mongonahela and the OHellNo!

Lol they all think they would've won if Bell wasn't hurt, but guess what we didn't have Gronk the most dominant player (other than Brady) playing either no excuses Pats just whupped that ass last night

His left elbow was down, no way he can be in the position without something being down.

No it wasn't down. I've watched it from all angles. He fumbled. AND the Pats kept the ball. No Steeler recovered it.

I don't revel in their misery- we are to them what the Giants were to us, plus one.

I need everyones opinions on this, its long but please read

So the Steelers were going on and on about how they didn't uderstand how the Pats own them so hard every time. So I hit them with some knowledge, will be interesting to see their response. Here is my post:

How does everyone know that Belicheck studies so hard, I don't care how hard you study, if you don't have the talent or an advantage you cant do crap, so you mean to tell me other coaches don't study just he does,i think that's bs,all media crap that's been driven in our heads, I think Robert Kraft is the head of tv broadcasting rights for the NFL owners and this is his reward, remember their dynasty started with the tuck rule, undeinieably the biggest crock of sheet ive ever heard of,,,,

My Response:

I was taking in the deliciousness of the threads (sorry, it was an awesome win by the Pats) when I read this post. It's not about the talent difference, the talent difference between teams is miniscule. If you are in the NFL, you are the top of the top of athletes. Now there are the occasional freaks of nature, that look like men among boys out there (see Gronkowski or Antonio Brown or Jerry Rice, etc). The advantage is the mismatches Patriots create through their scheme. For instance, during the game, if you watched whenever the Pats were on offense, they would have pre-snap movement. Brady and other QB's do this to understand if the Defense is running pure man, zone, or a mix of zone/man. Since no one followed anyone ever, the Pats always knew it was pure zone. Here's the cool part. Because it was pure zone, Brady could change the offensive alignment to create huge mismatches, where you had linebackers on wide receivers...etc. Also, part of Brady's genius is his ability to look at film, see a defensive alignment, then look at the field, and understand from the film, which defensive alignment the opposing team is in within seconds. Then, within a few more seconds, he creates the play alignment in his head that will almost always create mismatches. Brady knew on every play, along with his team mates where the soft spots would be in all of your zone defense alignments from film study.

Additionally, because of Brady's ability to process pre-snap reads so quickly, the Patriots run an offensive system called the Erhardt-Perkins System. This bascially means that every coverage and wide reciever route changes based on what the defense presents at the snap. So Brady and his other offensive players all have to understand the coverage, make a route adjustment based on that coverage, and then run the same route Brady thinks they are going to run based on what the defense is presenting, without any communication at all. It's a system based on having extremely intelligent players, that process defensive alignments instantaneously. The Patriots only bring in players that have the film study dedication and mental acumen to process this offense. This is a big part of the reason they are so hard to stop. Each play could have 10 different route trees the players run, just based on what the defense is showing. With so many combinations, it's almost impossible to know which exact route the players will run.

Finally, most defensive and offensive coordinators will run the scheme they like no matter what. Because that's what they know and it's the scheme they feel most comfortable with. While BB will change his scheme's and plays based on the skillsets of his players. It's why so many good players go to new scheme's and fail. Because their coaches aren't accounting for their strengths and weaknesses. The Patriots try to only put players in positions that play to their strengths and never put them in a position that showcases their weaknesses. Only when they have high injury seasons and a player has no choice but to move into an area that's a weakness. It's also why all of BB's assistant coaches are homegrown. He never brings in an outside Offesnsive or Defensive coordinator, he needs people that have grown up in his system or they are useless to him.

The Defense does the same thing as the offense based on film study and will know, based on your offensive alignement what play you are in.

So the normal questin to ask is, why doesn't every team run that system? Because it's so difficult to run. You need to have the right players, with the right acumen, and processing speed. Because you only have seconds to understand everytihng during game time. It's hard to implement this system and requires complete control over drafting, player acquisition, coaching staff, and team management. No other coach in the league that I know of, has what BB has. Which is complete control over everything. Often times the coach has his domain and the GM has his domain. If you don't have that level of control, then you can't effectively run this system. So that's whyt he Pat's are consistently on top, because of the genious of BB and the ability of Brady to effectively run that offensive system.

What's the over/under on how many "Nuh Uh they just cheat" responses you'll get?

Great post by the way.

The over/under would be the moderator wouldn't approve my post so it never actually went up on the forum...lol, can't deal with thought out truthful responses. And they deleted my account, what a bunch of little *****es...

The over/under would be the moderator wouldn't approve my post so it never actually went up on the forum...lol, can't deal with thought out truthful responses. And they deleted my account, what a bunch of little *****es...

Was it The Steelers Fans? I got banned for a measured, thought-out, and non-inflammatory post as well, and this was BEFORE we killed them.

Was it The Steelers Fans? I got banned for a measured, thought-out, and non-inflammatory post as well, and this was BEFORE we killed them.

Yeah, that's where it was. They are ridiculous. It's like they want to know why they get their tails handed to them. You explain it and they run around with their hands over their ears and eyes...

Yeah, that's where it was. They are ridiculous. It's like they want to know why they get their tails handed to them. You explain it and they run around with their hands over their ears and eyes...

Such a dumb forum policy to not even allow other fans. Plus, when you get banned, the Steelers fans keep quoting your post and talking **** as if they got the last word and "owned" you, when in reality, you're entirely unable to respond. And of course, throwing around sexist and homophobic slurs AT opposing fans is completely acceptable there.

it says all the right things when you don't want the team that beat you or your conference to win the SB. It means we have been so thoroughly dominant that you can't root fort he winner (Patriots) because you just can't stand to see that team win another game.

Embrace it!!!!

Even more ridiculous still was Simms clearly failing to understand the rules and what was happening in general. He kept saying the refs declared that Pittsburgh had clearly recovered, when all the refs said was that Pittsburgh was challenging that they had clearly recovered. Also, it took Blandino tweeting to explain that coming out of the pile with the ball doesn't constitute clear recovery, there has to be actual footage of the recovery. Which makes total sense, and I have no idea why anybody would find that controversial. Coming out of the pile with the ball just shows who ended up with it 45 seconds later, not who actually recovered it.

And sometimes there isn't even a fumble ...

Well, just to do my blood pressure a favor I listened to the radio for parts of the game, rather than watch the game.

I was treated to Dan Fouts, so there wasn't much relief to be had from the ear abuse.

If you turn the volume down just right you can hear that they're talking but not what they're saying and you can still hear the refs calls. For my system that's around level 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back