PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers board a place of bliss for me today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more ridiculous still was Simms clearly failing to understand the rules and what was happening in general. He kept saying the refs declared that Pittsburgh had clearly recovered, when all the refs said was that Pittsburgh was challenging that they had clearly recovered. Also, it took Blandino tweeting to explain that coming out of the pile with the ball doesn't constitute clear recovery, there has to be actual footage of the recovery. Which makes total sense, and I have no idea why anybody would find that controversial. Coming out of the pile with the ball just shows who ended up with it 45 seconds later, not who actually recovered it.
Sims became a straight up knucle head years ago. I no longer pay attention to him because there have been to many times where he seems to be making things up as he goes along

AFCCG complaint thread

^^ This thread is comedy gold.
I expected it to be much worse. They are not too bad. What none of them seem to grasp is that Bell getting hurt hurt the Patriots. They had him contained. The Steelers showed life when Ben took over. Thank god for their pathetic handeling of the first and goal at the one foot line. Patriots made adjustments at the half.

that whole thing was so poorly handled. the announcers talking like there was a clear recovery, then at teh end of the fourth bringing it up again.

Those two are really the two worst announcers in history, honestly im glad the superbowl is on fox, at least buck and aikmen dont make my ears bleed.

Well, just to do my blood pressure a favor I listened to the radio for parts of the game, rather than watch the game.

I was treated to Dan Fouts, so there wasn't much relief to be had from the ear abuse.

The Steelers fans are a total wreck today. I live in Pennsylvania and wore my Pats gear into the office. It's the best. All I can hear about is the fire alarm, and the flu, and if Bell didn't get hurt, and the fumble, and the Patriots are just cheaters!!!!! :rolleyes:

I love it. One more.

The Steelers fans are a total wreck today. I live in Pennsylvania and wore my Pats gear into the office. It's the best. All I can hear about is the fire alarm, and the flu, and if Bell didn't get hurt, and the fumble, and the Patriots are just cheaters!!!!! :rolleyes:

I love it. One more.

My sister lives in PA; she is also verrry salty today (and last night). Wouldn't shut up about the fumble.

She and I were both born in MA, but grew up in California. Mom was a MA native (Waltham), and my parents lived there in the 50s/early 60s. Thus, we grew up knowing who our teams were even though we ended up moving to CA. Sister moved to PA about 8 years ago and became a Steelers fan. She begged the rest of her siblings to cheer for the Steelers yesterday and got into a snit when we all declined. She is taking all her toys and cheering for Atlanta now. I sent her the video of Marty dancing with the cheerleaders to cheer her up. :)

Not all Steeler fans are idiots. I happen to open this thread from the given link and found this fan's comnents insightful enough to repost them

Chess to Checkers.

"First of all, this is NOT a FMTI thread. But I would like to express some concern over what I see with his coaching style and why he may be a liability when it comes to this team's chances to win another Super Bowl. Tomlin is a good coach. Some would say very good and some would say average. You could make an argument for all of those. What you can't make a valid argument for is that he's a great coach and that he's a bad coach. He falls somewhere between slightly above average to slightly above good IMHO. When I look around the league and some of the other hires the last few seasons, I really don't see anyone that impresses me to the point that I would say I would take him over Tomlin.

My concern, however, is this. Tomlin is a darn good checker player. He can even play an advanced form of checkers called "jump your own man" from time to time. The problem is he's insufficient when it comes to playing coaches who are proficient at chess. He's overmatched at that point. Last night, Belichick was playing chess and Tomlin was playing checkers. He was simply outsmarted. You might argue that our entire team was outsmarted and that's absolutely true. The team takes on the persona and the intellect of the HEAD coach. Belichick vs. Tomlin is no contest in that regard. Belichick takes a college lacross player and puts him in a position to soundly outplay arguably the best receiver in football.

Tomlin famously quipped when he was hired that he's a "fundamentalist as opposed to scheme". But why can't you be BOTH?! Belichick's team is certainly well-versed in the fundamentals of the game but he's also an excellent schemer which is why they are once again going to the Super Bowl!

Some teams are head coach controlled teams and other teams are coordinator controlled teams. The Patriots are most certainly controlled by the head coach. He has his hand in every aspect of the game. He could take Larry from accounting and make him an exceptional offensive coordinator. He could take Frank from the grounds crew, put him at defensive coordinator and in three years he'd be a hot head coaching candidate. I believe the last several Super Bowl winning head coaches were in complete control of their teams' game planning, both offensively and defensively. Belichick, Carroll, Kubiak, McCarthy, Coughlin, Payton. I truly believe Tomlin has less control over scheming and game planning than any of these guys. When he won the Super Bowl a few years ago Arian and LeBeau were firmly in control. Now Haley and Butler are firmly in control. Tomlin may make a few suggestions, but he doesn't contribute anything significant to the strategic and schematic aspects of the gameplan.

Tomlin does okay against other coaches playing checkers. He's masterful on the checkerboard. But when he's confronted with the chess players of the league, he's wondering why their checkers look funny. Again, JMHO. "

On the negative side, its been up for a while and no one has responded yet. ;)

at The Steelers Forum they are facing that Big Ben is 35 and probably retire before Brady, their coaches suck, the only obstacle was a Gronkless NE, yet they fell on their face. Lots of cheese and whine over there.

Loved it that someone over there pointed out The Patriot Nation does have followers outside NE and will watch the game.

Oh my God, just read the thread from the guy who is on his death bed for real. "So Long Steeler nation"... I felt a bit bad after reading that one.

These damned onions!

Yeah, that really hit home for me, as I posted this year my Uncle passed this past year he was a big Pats fan we would talk after every Patriots game, like clockwork. In my mind, this season is for him I think about him after every game.

I picture this guy in the thread in hospice, knowing that was his last Steelers game ever to watch. Oh **** these onions again. I gotta stop cooking and reading this thread at the same time.

I wish we could do something nice, some gesture over at their board, some kind of kind post one of us could make, but I think anything the patsfans.com community tried to do could too easily just be taken as an insult, so probably best just to let him be.

Godspeed, man.

Not all Steeler fans are idiots. I happen to open this thread from the given link and found this fan's comnents insightful enough to repost them

Chess to Checkers.

"First of all, this is NOT a FMTI thread. But I would like to express some concern

I pretty much agree with that Steeler fan's post, but I assure you that he is no relation to me! :)

Coming out of the pile with the ball just shows who ended up with it 45 seconds later, not who actually recovered it.

Actually it does not appear they're aware of that fact.

Sad. Once long ago I had respect for Pittsburgh fans as in general one expects them to know their football rules. But clearly they don't.

Well, not all - there's some not trying to blame refs or anyone else for being so far behind or all the pre-game antics - but Steelers fans ain't what they used to be.

Chess to Checkers.

"First of all, this is NOT a FMTI thread. But I would like to express some concern over what I see with his coaching style and why he may be a liability when it comes to this team's chances to win another Super Bowl. Tomlin is a good coach. Some would say very good and some would say average. You could make an argument for all of those. What you can't make a valid argument for is that he's a great coach and that he's a bad coach. He falls somewhere between slightly above average to slightly above good IMHO. When I look around the league and some of the other hires the last few seasons, I really don't see anyone that impresses me to the point that I would say I would take him over Tomlin.

My concern, however, is this. Tomlin is a darn good checker player. He can even play an advanced form of checkers called "jump your own man" from time to time. The problem is he's insufficient when it comes to playing coaches who are proficient at chess. He's overmatched at that point. Last night, Belichick was playing chess and Tomlin was playing checkers. He was simply outsmarted. You might argue that our entire team was outsmarted and that's absolutely true. The team takes on the persona and the intellect of the HEAD coach. Belichick vs. Tomlin is no contest in that regard. Belichick takes a college lacross player and puts him in a position to soundly outplay arguably the best receiver in football.

Tomlin famously quipped when he was hired that he's a "fundamentalist as opposed to scheme". But why can't you be BOTH?! Belichick's team is certainly well-versed in the fundamentals of the game but he's also an excellent schemer which is why they are once again going to the Super Bowl!

Some teams are head coach controlled teams and other teams are coordinator controlled teams. The Patriots are most certainly controlled by the head coach. He has his hand in every aspect of the game. He could take Larry from accounting and make him an exceptional offensive coordinator. He could take Frank from the grounds crew, put him at defensive coordinator and in three years he'd be a hot head coaching candidate. I believe the last several Super Bowl winning head coaches were in complete control of their teams' game planning, both offensively and defensively. Belichick, Carroll, Kubiak, McCarthy, Coughlin, Payton. I truly believe Tomlin has less control over scheming and game planning than any of these guys. When he won the Super Bowl a few years ago Arian and LeBeau were firmly in control. Now Haley and Butler are firmly in control. Tomlin may make a few suggestions, but he doesn't contribute anything significant to the strategic and schematic aspects of the gameplan.

Tomlin does okay against other coaches playing checkers. He's masterful on the checkerboard. But when he's confronted with the chess players of the league, he's wondering why their checkers look funny. Again, JMHO. "

On the negative side, its been up for a while and no one has responded yet. ;)

More than a few have well placed anger toward's Tomlin for a defensive scheme that could have been from a pre-season game, playing zone most of the night.

It's like he made that judgment call Belichick sometimes does of "giving" a team one thing to take away others... and he just decided to give up putting constant pressure on Brady

Our OL battles still weren't easy - but they did a great job of opening holes and protecting Brady... unsung hero's in my book even if the Steelers went vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes