PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Squealers in deep trouble (could miss playoffs)

No, if Pitt loses or Balt wins next week, Squealers are OUT. Period. Balt won't lose to Cleve at home but game might be close.
They can still get in as a Wild Card under the scenario posted earlier in this thread.

They can still get in as a Wild Card under the scenario posted earlier in this thread.
Well, they can only even possibly get in as a WC if IND and TEN tie. And depending on what all the tiebreakers are, that may not be enough.

Well, they can only even possibly get in as a WC if IND and TEN tie. And depending on what all the tiebreakers are, that may not be enough.
They have the tiebreaker to get in. I don't think it's likely to happen though.

No they can't. If Balt wins next week, Pitt is OUT.Period.

No they can't. If Balt wins next week, Pitt is OUT.Period.
We are talking about Pittsburgh getting in as a Wild Card team. Baltimore winning next week is irrelevant.

If Pittsburgh wins and the Indianapolis/Tennessee game ends in a tie, all three teams finish 9-6-1. Then it goes to tiebreakers

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
IND would hold the tiebreaker over TEN, eliminating the Titans.

Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Not applicable between Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Indianapolis: 6-5-1
Pittsburgh: 6-5-1

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Common games: Cincinnati, Jacksonville, New England, and Oakland

Indianapolis: 2-3 (.400 win%)
Pittsburgh: 4-1 (.800 win %)

The Steelers get in.

Geez,dude, No they can't.
There's only one way Pitt makes playoffs. They must win last game AND Balt must lose. Everything else is irrelevant. They can't be a wild card.
That's according to NFL.com and ESPN.

We are talking about Pittsburgh getting in as a Wild Card team. Baltimore winning next week is irrelevant.

If Pittsburgh wins and the Indianapolis/Tennessee game ends in a tie, all three teams finish 9-6-1. Then it goes to tiebreakers

IND would hold the tiebreaker over TEN, eliminating the Titans.

Not applicable between Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis: 6-5-1
Pittsburgh: 6-5-1

Common games: Cincinnati, Jacksonville, New England, and Oakland

Indianapolis: 2-3 (.400 win%)
Pittsburgh: 4-1 (.800 win %)

The Steelers get in.

So NFL.com and ESPN are both wrong and you're right.
Smh

Seems like a good spot to mention at 7-7-1 the Browns will be playing for a winning record for the first time since 07. They will be playing pretty hard vs Baltimore.

That's using the NFL's own tiebreakers. The ESPN Playoff Machine says the Steelers get in under this scenario, and NFL.com also lists the Steelers as still alive in the Wild Card.

On NFL.com main page says ravens win,Steelers out. On ESPN found one mention of the Steelers being "theoretically" alive for wc if Titans colts tie; but then found other places on ESPN that says ravens win Steelers out. So contradictory info. I guess " theoretically "we're both right- I never saw that wc possibility on ESPN until I looked further.
But it's all irelevant since your scenario is farfetched. So the most dangerous team in the AFC has been eliminated.

How’s the mood in Pittsburgh @supafly ? I’d love to hear about the chest thumping a week ago up until this moment right now. Lol.

Lots of ref blaming on their message board and my fb newsfeed. In other words, typical delusional excuses from stiller nation. They have a boycott thread too LOL

Seems like a good spot to mention at 7-7-1 the Browns will be playing for a winning record for the first time since 07. They will be playing pretty hard vs Baltimore.

This is the Browns super bowl. They’ve been playing well of late. Wanna carry momentum towards next season. I can’t see them laying down Sunday. Baltimore is the better team. Cleveland at this point is playing spoiler. Pressures squarely on the Ravens.

How’s the mood in Pittsburgh @supafly ? I’d love to hear about the chest thumping a week ago up until this moment right now. Lol.
I can’t wait for Xmas dinner, just so I can remind everyone “how important” their regular season win versus NE really was now that we’re looking at the 9th consecutive bye and they’re praying that the Browns can somehow save their season.

Yeah, I think it's a close game. Browns will play em tough. But I think ravens win. They don't scare me. Pitt is a better team than Balt.

Lots of ref blaming on their message board and my fb newsfeed. In other words, typical delusional excuses from stiller nation. They have a boycott thread too LOL

Forgot to mention theres a thread about how the 4th and 2 pi was tipped and shouldnt be pi. Several folks insisting it was tipped. Evidence to back up there claim? Any videos/ pics of the actual play?? Nope, just referencing the steelers players/coaches yelling on the sideline that it was tipped lmaoooooo

I’ll finally be able to check my newsfeed again now. I haven’t looked since last weekend. Couldn’t handle reading their dumb comments.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back