PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: McDaniels to the Raiders nearly done. [Confirmed DONE1/31/22]

Well that didn't take long.

And that pre-interview admission Saturday from McDaniels, who joined the Patriots as a personnel assistant in 2001 and had a front-row seat for the Tuck Rule game that postseason?

"He looked me in the eye and he said, 'It was a fumble,'" Davis said, laughing. "So, Raider Nation, if you're worried, he's already come over to the Dark Side."

McDaniels grinned.

"True story," he said.
Those third and long draw plays will be missed.
Mac is a stud and will get better no matter who the OC is.

Thanks Josh, but you are no better than Eric Mangini. Seeya!

Good for McDaniels to get another gig.

Feel like he'll probably trade Carr.

Carr wanted Bisacchia, and we know McDaniels like Garopollo.

You don't think the last 2 years had something to do with Cam Newton and a rookie leading the offense?
Nope because it was the same with Brady at the end as well.

Once upon a time he was great for us, in the recent past he’s been awful in my opinion. Left a lot of points on the board.

Managed Mac fairly well I give him that but the shocking RZ play can’t just be blamed on having a kid QB.

Not that I want to get into this publicly, but I had asked him to dial it back with his repeated viewpoints and obviously there was a continuing issue that also included referencing other posters in a derogatory way, which also just fueled more disagreements. I understand and respect his opinion regarding the issues on offense, and he hasn't been censored or banned. However, he was suspended for 7 days because it felt like he needed a bit of a break and hopefully a chance to reset. Hopefully, when he returns in a few days, things will be a little better.

This probably isn't the right place for this either, but I do think a more robust (or granular) ignore user feature would go a long way for cases like this. Maybe have three options for ignore:

A) Full Ignore - You won't see posts, threads, or replies to this user. A bit scorched Earth for my tastes, but a good option for those who want it.

B) Ignore Posts - You won't see posts or replies to them, but you'll still see threads started by them (to avoid the situation we had this year where pre-game threads weren't seen by half the board because of who started them).

C) Ignore Original Posts Only - You'll still see threads and replies, but won't see original posts within a thread.

Options B and C still have the Thread Ignore function if there's one in particular that they just don't want to bother with.

Maybe it because I am in the UK and do not see much of the US sporting media but has the McDaniels departure been somewhat quiet ?...I would have expected more noise re the impact on the Patriots etc ?

This probably isn't the right place for this either, but I do think a more robust (or granular) ignore user feature would go a long way for cases like this. Maybe have three options for ignore:

A) Full Ignore - You won't see posts, threads, or replies to this user. A bit scorched Earth for my tastes, but a good option for those who want it.

B) Ignore Posts - You won't see posts or replies to them, but you'll still see threads started by them (to avoid the situation we had this year where pre-game threads weren't seen by half the board because of who started them).

C) Ignore Original Posts Only - You'll still see threads and replies, but won't see original posts within a thread.

Options B and C still have the Thread Ignore function if there's one in particular that they just don't want to bother with.
All good suggestions, and I did update this yesterday:

And yes, I'll be expanding it where you'll be able to select each of those options. I laid the groundwork for them in the latest update I coded out, so I'll expand on that and get it implemented in the coming weeks.

Has there been any reports on anyone who might leave NE to go with Josh/Ziegler?

All good suggestions, and I did update this yesterday:

And yes, I'll be expanding it where you'll be able to select each of those options. I laid the groundwork for them in the latest update I coded out, so I'll expand on that and get it implemented in the coming weeks.

I should pay more attention to what's already happening before I run my silly mouth :) Thank you Ian!

Reactions: Ian
I should pay more attention to what's already happening before I run my silly mouth :) Thank you Ian!
LOL, all it means is you and I are clearly on the same page and thinking the same things :cool:

Nope because it was the same with Brady at the end as well.

Once upon a time he was great for us, in the recent past he’s been awful in my opinion. Left a lot of points on the board.

Managed Mac fairly well I give him that but the shocking RZ play can’t just be blamed on having a kid QB.
Sigh.

I can't believe you wrote that.

In 2019, we had not only 4 injured offensive linemen, but Edelman playing with broken ribs. Marshall Newhouse, who was previous on a couch eating Cheetos, was our starting LT. Newhouse never played another game for any other team after that season. Cannon was hurt, Andrews was out, Mason was busted up, only Thuney played on that OL. Gronk had just retired. LATE. and left us with no options at TE. Antonio Brown had his thugs threaten a woman's children. We gave up a 2nd rounder to a bust who was on his way out the league.

The idea that this could be put on McDaniels? It's preposterous. If anything, it's a miracle that team went 10-1

I hope he's grown up from his Denver stint.

That was a disgraceful display of sportsmanship he put on after the game when his team beat the Pats in Denver.

please don't denigrate Sicilian like that

I figure, since we're so like minded and all, that 50% of the sites proceeds to me would be in order. Unless the site doesn't make any money, in which case, don't denigrate me like that Ian!

He got cancelled. Something that's been happening more and more on the forum when you piss off a certain group. There's certainly nothing he posted that warranted a ban. In fact, aside from his annoying repetitive posts about McD, he actually posted valid football topics about the OL, run D, and McD going elsewhere. I've seen so many posters insult other posters way worse than anything he did, yet they're not banned.

I'm certainly not defending him, but I despise censorship, especially in a forum.
The problem I see is that there's an ignore poster function that gets regularly ignored. Instead you have posters complaining about other posters when they have the power to put them on ignore, yet don't. It's like watching Nick Wright on tv and instead of changing the channel, you sit there screaming at the boob tube. It's nonsensical.

I found some of his posts repetitive and annoying and chose to just scroll right past them if they were the same stuff. Imo he offered some interesting viewpoints at times in a football forum. What makes a forum interesting are the different viewpoints, characters, and personalities. To just cancel someone for not being the same as everyone else or popular is frankly pathetic when the answer is "put him on ignore" if he bugs you so much. We're all adults here and have choices. We shouldn't have to be protected by mommy and daddy on an open forum.
I think this an important topic considering the forum, recent stuff and how important it is to people.

With respect it's hard to take your post seriously when you look at the situation in context. I'm being genuine here I know how things come across in text but I can't help but laugh after reading your post man.

He constantly spams the forum with useless threads with no substance. No insight at all.

Constantly hijacking threads with post that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP / topic.

He's repeatedly made things up that aren't true. I mean we could go on for days about Josh. For years saying Josh had a hand in drafting CB's lol. It's one thing to be passionate, we all are but he offers nothing at all and consistently just repeats himself. It would be one thing if he had a good point but he really doesnt lol. I know its harsh to say someone doesn't know what they're talking about but let's just be honest here.
He's also made up things about several members on the forum. Going back n forth with someone is one thing. Obsessing about other members and making up things about them in your post is creepy and weird.

You don't have a right to post w/e you want here. I lol when I hear "free speech" when someone can't talk football. People aren't coming here to read that nonsense. I highly doubt anyone out there is saying "I learned something or heard something interesting from DKF" If you can't talk simple football you probably shouldn't be here. Again people aren't coming here for politics or much else besides football. 95% of his post were about Josh and again there was nothing interesting or insightful.

Regarding your post above. I've asked this and never get an answer, so I'll ask you.

What specifically does he post that's worthwhile or even makes sense? Like give me 1-2 examples where he posted something interesting or insightful? I've asked this a few times but I don't see one good poster saying they get anything out of his post. With respect it's mostly other terrible posters sticking up for him. I know this sounds harsh but that's life man.

I'll use this analogy ...

This is @Ian's house. He invited everyone over for a party. Some people are decent humans. They bring food and drinks. Make interesting convo, pleasant to converse with. They might even stay late to help clean up. Than you'll have people who show up drunk, throw up on your carpet. Start fights and eat all your food.

People should have a little more respect for @Ian and the rest of the board. Especially since its been clear no one wants to hear that bs. I'm certainly far from perfect but we should have some respect for the content here and how you behave. If 99% of the people here asked, repeatedly asked to stop posting draft stuff I'd stop and keep it moving. I wouldn't spam the board and cry "free speech" bc people think I make no sense.

I think this an important topic considering the forum, recent stuff and how important it is to people.

With respect it's hard to take your post seriously when you look at the situation in context. I'm being genuine here I know how things come across in text but I can't help but laugh after reading your post man.

He constantly spams the forum with useless threads with no substance. No insight at all.

Constantly hijacking threads with post that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP / topic.

He's repeatedly made things up that aren't true. I mean we could go on for days about Josh. For years saying Josh had a hand in drafting CB's lol. It's one thing to be passionate, we all are but he offers nothing at all and consistently just repeats himself. It would be one thing if he had a good point but he really doesnt lol. I know its harsh to say someone doesn't know what they're talking about but let's just be honest here.
He's also made up things about several members on the forum. Going back n forth with someone is one thing. Obsessing about other members and making up things about them in your post is creepy and weird.

You don't have a right to post w/e you want here. I lol when I hear "free speech" when someone can't talk football. People aren't coming here to read that nonsense. I highly doubt anyone out there is saying "I learned something or heard something interesting from DKF" If you can't talk simple football you probably shouldn't be here. Again people aren't coming here for politics or much else besides football. 95% of his post were about Josh and again there was nothing interesting or insightful.

Regarding your post above. I've asked this and never get an answer, so I'll ask you.

What specifically does he post that's worthwhile or even makes sense? Like give me 1-2 examples where he posted something interesting or insightful? I've asked this a few times but I don't see one good poster saying they get anything out of his post. With respect it's mostly other terrible posters sticking up for him. I know this sounds harsh but that's life man.

I'll use this analogy ...

This is @Ian's house. He invited everyone over for a party. Some people are decent humans. They bring food and drinks. Make interesting convo, pleasant to converse with. They might even stay late to help clean up. Than you'll have people who show up drunk, throw up on your carpet. Start fights and eat all your food.

People should have a little more respect for @Ian and the rest of the board. Especially since its been clear no one wants to hear that bs. I'm certainly far from perfect but we should have some respect for the content here and how you behave. If 99% of the people here asked, repeatedly asked to stop posting draft stuff I'd stop and keep it moving. I wouldn't spam the board and cry "free speech" bc people think I make no sense.
It's funny you say all of that, but after he repeated over and over several opinions on the OL, running D, two TE sets, etc. I noticed many posters repeating those same ideas. Maybe he's got a certain svengali quality about him. Anyway, he'll be back soon, so you can take up your issues with him, directly with him. I'm not a marriage counselor.

It's funny you say all of that, but after he repeated over and over several opinions on the OL, running D, two TE sets, etc. I noticed many posters repeating those same ideas. Maybe he's got a certain svengali quality about him. Anyway, he'll be back soon, so you can take up your issues with him, directly with him. I'm not a marriage counselor.
No need to get upset. I'm asking bc you made a few post saying he "offered some interesting viewpoints" but can't offer anything specifics at all.

Again what specifically did he offer that was worthwhile or insightful? Something that actually showed some football acumen?

Not a big deal man but you made the claim. I'm just asking to back it up. Anyone could point out our OL was a mess at times this year. Anyone could look at the run defense and see we need help. I brought up 12P on the first page of my thread but didn't see it mentioned here prior to a few months ago.

I'm only asking bc you brought it up and it's obviously effecting the forum. We can be adults, criticize each other and keep it respectful.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back