PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what can be done to fix this (1-2 start)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s better than our 2 previous drafts for sure.

The weaknesses were currently seeing with roster are a direct result of iffy drafting in 16 and 17 and free agent acquisitions that haven’t panned out.
The weakness has more to do with untimely injuries and one suspension in particular. The draft is just one way to get players BB has proven again and again he doesn't care where they come from just they buy in and do their jobs when they are here. This thing will turn around quick despite those poor drafts just be patient.

The weakness has more to do with untimely injuries and one suspension in particular. The draft is just one way to get players BB has proven again and again he doesn't care where they come from just they buy in and do their jobs when they are here. This thing will turn around quick despite those poor drafts just be patient.

The defense can turn around if the DTs become better and quick. Not seeing where the LB speed is going to suddenly turn around. Secondary should be fine this year but those safeties are getting up there.

Offense I’m not too concerned about with the two WRs coming in. Defense is the main issue.

The defense can turn around if the DTs become better and quick. Not seeing where the LB speed is going to suddenly turn around. Secondary should be fine this year but those safeties are getting up there.

Offense I’m not too concerned about with the two WRs coming in. Defense is the main issue.
KVN needs to continue his upward trend. Get Flowers back to help the line. But the real key will be Hightower playing better. See still plenty ways for the front 7 to turn around.

I think people are writing off Hightower way too soon. He missed a year give him some time to get going. People love to joke the firsr 4 games of the season are an extension of preseason but no one gives guys the benefit of the doubt during this extended period.

KVN needs to continue his upward trend. Get Flowers back to help the line. But the real key will be Hightower playing better. See still plenty ways for the front 7 to turn around.

I think people are writing off Hightower way too soon. He missed a year give him some time to get going. People love to joke the firsr 4 games of the season are an extension of preseason but no one gives guys the benefit of the doubt during this extended period.

Who wouldn’t be worried about 54 right now? A lot of past knee injuries and the lack of quickness were seeing is alarming and that’s putting it nicely.

The running game is an issue, for sure.

I swear some people here think real life is like a video game where all we need to do is play our current guys for a few more games so they’ll earn some skill points that we can dump into their “speed” stat and solve all of our problems.

I don't think you know much about what BB's "GM duties" actually consist of.
I get it. You love BB the GM and his personnel moves. If this team goes 8-8 or lower this season, make sure you own that instead of being a homer.

BB is a great coach. I'm not sure he is as great a GM as you claim. And trying to suggest that I'm just dumb for not kowtowing to BB the GM is about as homer as you can get.

I swear some people here think real life is like a video game where all we need to do is play our current guys for a few more games so they’ll earn some skill points that we can dump into their “speed” stat and solve all of our problems.
That's where Bill comes in.

Need to get em running in the sand, that’ll build some speed. It’s worked before...
UvVZBs.gif

I get it. You love BB the GM and his personnel moves. If this team goes 8-8 or lower this season, make sure you own that instead of being a homer.

BB is a great coach. I'm not sure he is as great a GM as you claim. And trying to suggest that I'm just dumb for not kowtowing to BB the GM is about as homer as you can get.

I love when the hindsight bozos come out with all the moves they would have done after the fact.

Stop ****ing talking in vague generalities and give us your amazing plan of what should be done from now on. Please tell us what BB and Casario are missing.

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed in past years is a counter intuitive addition by subtraction ability with the defense. We saw it when Collins left, and it emphasizes the team nature of how communication and working together can help the results. Also guys that step up are given a chance to emerge . Of course your big name players have to resume playing well also . Getting embarrassed in a loss has a way of refocussing. ..

Gronk is right about the offense. There is talent there. mcD has to get the ball into the playmakers hands. Break out some trick plays. Get some mojo. Move the ball ... like these people know how to do this.

All that said this game is a huge tell. IMO. ALL 3 phases. If we see a significant bounce back effort we will know that most of what we have come to know about this team and it's coaching and structure is still intact and they are built to win. It's Miami on Sunday and then Indy on Thursday. Home games. Seriously the season is basically riding on the next 8 days.

I’m not even the slightest worried about the offense. Gordon will be a top 10 elite WR 1 for us this opening everything for JE in the slot, Hogan not being defended by teams CB1, RBs being able to run freer, and Gronk not seeing too many double teams.

Our offense will be up there with KC and LA a bend don’t break defense will be enough to get to the Super Bowl.

Wonder what it would take to snag Amari Cooper from OAK. He’s wildly inconsistent, but maybe a change of scenery (and QB) could do him/ us some justice. They ain’t winning anyway.

Amari Cooper

Brady would promptly retire after watching that scrub drop pass after pass

Non-political question, because I am truly curious : is Reid not talented enough at this point to help this team ?

Funny that you're already assuming the "homers" will react the same way if the team goes 8-8. Perhaps you'd like to find a recent example of the team going 8-8 where that happened?

Non-political question, because I am truly curious : is Reid not talented enough at this point to help this team ?
Reid is absolutely talented enough. The Falcons should have signed him the minute they needed to use Jordan Richards.

You can make a strong argument the NEP should sign him too.

Name someone better.

Funny that you're already assuming the "homers" will react the same way if the team goes 8-8. Perhaps you'd like to find a recent example of the team going 8-8 where that happened?
Remember Sicilian he is 34 and he has been through the "dark ages" with this team. LMFAO!!!!!

Remember Sicilian he is 34 and he has been through the "dark ages" with this team. LMFAO!!!!!
He was ~15 years old when the went 5-11. Whoop-de-do.

Do I get a Purple Heart when in my first year in Little League, my dad took me to Dairy Queen when Bucky Dent ruined my Octobah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST