PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what can be done to fix this (1-2 start)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have no cap space issues, yet can't sign a number of key role players or a major free agent difference maker (other than Gilmore).

Because they will not pay over value they project the role player will have. Having a couple of star players and then a strong middle class instead of going top heavy like other teams is what kept them competing for championships for almost 17 years now. It is about VALUE.

And our poor drafting is just because all teams roughly draft the same: up, down, whatever. All of that sounds like apologist nonsense. You're suggesting greatness is just luck and we just have to be patient for the right draft.

Yes. I am also a Day/Night cycle and gravity apologist.

Drafting is luck to a huge degree because it is a multidimensional puzzle. You don't have the full answer to a lot of questions about human beings that just crossed into adulthood. You are not only trying to picture how a college players athletic profile translates into the pro game but also how his psychology will handle it.

You acting as if this was a solved problem is absurd.

Lastly, you yet again rely -- like some fellow posters -- on prior evidence rather than what the team is putting on the field now. Just look at your statement "...because of how brilliantly it has been managed throughout most of BBs tenure here." "Most" is the key word there. Right now, the team is not being managed in an effective way due to our numerous deficiencies. I'm not saying gut the organizational higher ups; what I am saying, however, is that we can hold them responsible for the precipitous fall from grace rather than saying "Well, we'll get 'em next year."

It is WEEK 4. There was no fall from grace. This is the very same September we have had for years now. If this team misses the playoffs then in January (or whenever they are officially out) we will have enough time to talk and criticize every aspect of this years team. But until we get to a point where they can't mathematically win a title anymore I will bet on this staff to figure it out and turn it around because they have the track record of doing so and have had so much success in the past that I will give them the benefit of the doubt until the very end.

That doesn't mean that you should not be critical. Hell look at the rewatch thread and you see a ****ton of criticism but it is focused not on hot takes but on things that actually happen on the field. All this TMZ level "they hate each other" "BB hates Brady" "McDaniels needs to be fired" noise I am not interested in the same way I am not interested in hearing how "this is not fixable" "no talent" when the game tape so far does not agree with any of it.

I get it. You love BB the GM and his personnel moves. If this team goes 8-8 or lower this season, make sure you own that instead of being a homer.

BB is a great coach. I'm not sure he is as great a GM as you claim. And trying to suggest that I'm just dumb for not kowtowing to BB the GM is about as homer as you can get.

I don't "love BB the GM".
I didn't claim that he's a "great GM".
I didn't suggest that you should "kowtow to BB the GM."

I expressed the opinion, "I don't think you know much about what BB's "GM duties" actually consist of." Instead of responding to that with what you (think) you know about his GM duties, you flame me for things I didn't write and don't feel.

IOW, your reading comprehension is as lacking as your understanding of what BB, Caserio and the rest of the personnel department actually does.

Not worth my time.

Buh-bye.

Would be nice. Have you discussed with Miguel?

I think Mitchell's case was different. McClellin applied for a CBA standard Injury Protection benefit after a failed physical. Mitchell filed a grievance for current pay after passing a physical.

But, yeah, Miguel will likely pop-in with a correction if I have it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes